Lazy Summer Tranquility, Garden and Heated Pool, 1 Hr from Nyc
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Putnam Valley chateau / country house description
Less than an hour from the Upper West Side, minutes off the Taconic.
* SWIM, BOAT, FISH: An in-ground swimming pool and a private pond with a boat and fishing, and four acres of landscaped privacy, and you will never want to leave.
* ACTIVITIES: Fahnestock State Park (hiking, camping, X-country skiing, boating) is 10 minutes away. Cold Spring, a historic town with restaurants, antique shops, and old world charm is 20 minutes away. Dia Beacon and Storm King Art Center about 40 minutes away.
* WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, OR FALL: Enjoy the bright colors of Fall, build snowmen or drag the sled out in winter, or just relax by the (warm!) pool in summer. The two wood burning fireplaces will keep you warm year round (or roast marshmallows in the outside firepit while you stay warm on a cool evening).
* WORK: A high speed cable Internet connection with an Airport Express Wireless Router. Cable TV. Music streamed through AirPlay from your iPod/iPhone/iPad/iTunes. Watch movies and TV shows on Netflx (included).
* PERIOD FURNITURE: The house is comfortably furnished with antique furniture and period pieces.
Keywords: Country House, Hudson Valley home, Heated swimming pool, Private grounds, landscaped gardens
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 6-10
- King size beds (1) Large King Bed in the Master Bedroom, Twin or Single Beds (2) Two twin beds in the guest room., Baby Cribs (1) A portable crib (GRACO) is available on request., Sleep Sofa or Futons (3) A sofa bed in the office and two full aero-beds which you can use anywhere., Bunk Beds (1) Bunk beds sleep two kids in the children's room....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Wood Fireplace:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
Play your own music on our stereo system through AirPlay from your own iTunes/iPad/iPhone/iPod. A portable iPad/iPhone/iPod docking station lets you carry your music anywhere. We also have a record player with old jazz records and a CD collection....moreless
- Video Game Console:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Wireless Internet:
- Computer Available
Pool & Spa
Heated 18' swimming pool (15 May-15 Oct only) with ample seating space. The attached cabana has a full bathroom, a mini-refrigerator (great for keeping those drinks cool!) and many swim toys for the kids....moreless
- Heated Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Autumn Foliage
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Off the Taconic, Less Than an Hour from UWS, NYC. State parks, museums, summer arts and theater, lakes, hiking, boating, fishing, camping, cross-country skiing and winter sports all a short drive away. Or just stay in and swim, read, write, play, sled, boat! Other Activities: Shopping, boating, snowboarding....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
an awesome place to stay
an awesome place to stay
Quiet, private and tranquil The layout is perfect, bathrooms r large and the fire pit was the center point of our family gathering
- Guest fireguy (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 06/27/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, pet owners, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
We had a great time staying at this house. Although it was a cold rainy week, my family played games in the 3 season porch, we had a fire in the fireplace and the one nice day, we had a fire in the outdoor pit and made smores. What a relaxing, wonderful week. Thank you for opening your home to our family.
- Guest Kim and Family (Sioux City IA)
- Date of stay 05/19/13
- Review Submitted 06/03/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 6 nights or more: $450 Nightly
May 15 - Oct 15
2 night min stay
Discounts: 6 nights or more: $600 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Book now and get August 2nd through Labor Day Weekend for 15% off our normal summer rental rate!
Credit cards preferred.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$250 cleaning charge per rental.
$200/week once a week maid service available.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We are university professors who love to travel (and often end up staying in houses that we find on VRBO owners!).
Why the Owner Chose Putnam Valley:
Hudson Valley, with its many lakes and points of access to the Hudson River, is an amazingly beautiful region. A place of our own in this area, with its summer arts and away from the city quiet, but just an hour away from our apartment - who could resist!
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Shakespeare at Boscobel, dining at Cold Spring or at Blue Hill, lazing at the pool, playing ball with the kids, pulling the boat out to the center of the pond with a book, hiking at Fahnestock, so much to do!
- Primary: (917) 267-9230 (New York, USA) Google voice number
View of the house from the swimming pool
The pond and the house in early Spring
Flowers abound in summer, proudly tended by our gardener
The master bedroom sleeps two on a king bed
Twin beds in the guest room for additional adults or an overnight guest
Detached office/playroom/guest room
The office is semidetached - for privacy - with books, croquet, train sets, etc.
Fall colors from one end of the property
... and so are the dragonflies.
Sno much fun!
A relaxing boat ride in the pond
The top garden with a fire pit for charcoal grilling and warmth on a cool night
Our wooded property around the main house and gardens
Sunbaked pool! But no worries, it is heated for cool or warm days!
A full 'cooks' kitchen with a fireplace
A studio sized master bath!
A room for kids, with a twin bed, a trundle and room for air mattresses
The large living room with a fireplace
The pool hides amongst the trees!
Butterflies are free...
Foggy fall morning
Summer with the pond and house!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.