Squaw Valley, Charming Home--Ski Lease & Shorter Times
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Squaw Valley (Olympic Valley) house description
For ski lease & short term rentals. Our home has an excellent location near the ski lifts in SQUAW VALLEY SKI RESORT (Olympic Valley) in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of Northern California only five miles from Lake Tahoe. This private home is THREE-QUARTERS OF A MILE from Squaw's ski lifts. (15 minutes walk on quiet back roads) and it is only one house away from the bus shuttle (Squaw Creek Resort's bus) that runs every 20 minutes) to and from lifts.
Our home is five miles from Tahoe City on glorious Lake Tahoe, 10 miles from the quaint town of Truckee, 46 miles to Reno, and 200 miles on Interstate 80 from San Francisco. Our home has ease of access and spacious parking for four autos. There are restaurants, cafes, Starbucks, shops, boutiques, within a couple of minutes drive, or by free shuttle bus, (See list in house folder) located east and west of the house in Squaw Valley.
Our lovingly decorated and carefully maintained home offers all the amenities for a wonderful stay. Renters are comfortable in this redwood home (interior wood walls), exterior is painted. It stands among tall redwoods and aspens with views of Squaw Valley meadow, the golf course and the mountains. It faces the sunny side. The interior layout is ideal for two families or a group as it sleeps up to 10 (8 in beds, and choices for 2 children of futon, and baby/toddler's crib-playpen.)
We have our own GENERATOR and gas supply in case of electricity failure in the valley. This is a rare happening -- and has been used twice in the past ten years. But it gives a feeling of security.
New WEBER grill is on enlarged deck-constructied this summer, where hot tub (it's always hot and on) is also located.
The GROUND FLOOR has two bedrooms (queen bed in one, and two twins or king in the other), a bathroom and a laundry. Hot tub, has been moved to new, enlarged upper deck)
The MIDDLE FLOOR contains an open kitchen, dining and sitting area with wood burning fireplace. The sitting area has a queen sofa bed. Off the living room, the deck has hot tub, sun and tree-shade in summer.
The TOP FLOOR: bathroom and two bedrooms (master bedroom with queen, and the smaller bedroom has two twins or can be a king).
Professional cleaning service before arrival and after departure. The parking area has space for four to five autos and is kept professionally plowed. The house is less than a mile to ski lifts and only one house away from the free bus shuttle that runs every 20 minutes.
Keywords: Private home near ski slopes, ideal for one or two families or a group
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Parents are responsible for safety of kids, monitor use of hot tub, and lock after each use. Otherwise this house is kid friendly since it does not have breakable items in the house. Many games, books and movies for kids, also sleds....moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) one or two king beds are available by using twin beds together, Queen size Beds (2) master bedroom and downstairs bedroom have queen beds, Twin or Single Beds (4) two twins in upstairs bedroom and two in downstairs bedroom, Child Beds (2) one Graco crib/playpen, one futon, Baby Cribs (1) Graco playpen/crib for infant and a futon for a child, Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Sofa bed is queen size...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
recently renovated kitchen has all appliances and dishes, glasses, cultlery, crockery, and spices and condiments for renters. dishwasher, microwave, popcorn maker, cuisinart, coffee maker, etc....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Child's Highchair
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Bed & bath linens, fully equipped kitchen with oven/stove, coffee maker, cuisinart, toaster, e, t, c, pantry, all cooking and dining utensils, spices and condiments, two cable TVs, two DVD/VCRs, CD/tape-stereo, and a large selection of paperbacks for adults and kids are for renters use, Central heating, additional electric baseboard heaters in the two bedrooms on the ground floor, a wood-burning fireplace in living room--wood is supplied, Hot tub on the deck, Pet friendly depending on the description of the petK...moreless
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Golf Course View:
- Mountain View:
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Basketball Court
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Our house is less than a mile from Squaw Valley Village and the ski lifts. Walk for 15 minutes along our quiet road or on bike path along meadow. Or drive for a couple of minutes. Lake Tahoe is a five miles scenic drive along the Truckee River. On the Lake's North Shore Tahoe City restaurants overlook the lake, Swim at one of the lake's beaches and stroll along the waterfront, visit shops and galleries in town, Truckee, an historic old western town, with good restaurants and boutiques, is only ten miles away, sightseeing beautiful Lake Tahoe, water-skiing kayaking & ferry, rafting on Trukee River, Resort at Squaw Creek has iceskating, spa, & swimming pool, High Camp at 8, 200 elevation has iceskating, swimming pool, tennis courts and restaurants. Mountains, hills, and river paths are great for summer hikes.Hike up Shirley Canyon, or to Five Lakes. A favorite drive is to Kings Beach, a funky authentic old Western town-- along the lake, and many restaurants all along there....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Guest comment entered by owner
We had such a wonderful time in the house. Because you were so very kind about Sunday night a couple of guys, including the bachelor, were able to enjoy the new snow fall from Sunday at the slopes. We thoroughly enjoys the movies, the sufficiently large kitchen, the hot tub and the many bedrooms. There was plenty of room for everyone and we had a great time. Again, I want to thank you for the wonderful time, Santos
- Guest Santos
- Date of stay 02/26/10
- Review Submitted 02/08/11
Guest comment entered by owner
Dear Pat: Thank you so much for having us stay! We had such an amazing time, the house was absolutely fabulous. We have made such wonderful memories here skiing, hottubbing and reading. Thank you so very much. What a beautiful place. Thank you so very much! Lots of love, from the ---- --- family.
- Guest Grace and Donald
- Date of stay 01/15/11
- Review Submitted 02/08/11
Ski nights are $455/nt. (longer than 7 nights = package rate) weeks & weekends available all year--if no ski lease--please see calendar CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR/MLK/PRES $470/nt. SKI LEASE WELCOME--monthly $3,800 & utilities--Dec thru April. Dec higher rates. May 1 to Nov 15.....$335/nt. 3/nt minimum. (longer than 7 nights = package rate) cleaning fee $200. 10% county tax. Pet $200 for full length of stay Rates change frequently. Rental is guaranteed upon security deposit & half payment & contract signed
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Reno --drive takes 45 minutes to an hour at 47 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Tahoe City at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Truckee at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate I 80--at Truckee at 15 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Sand harbor--about 35 minutes drive at 35 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Squaw Valley Village-- less than a mile at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Squaw Valley lifts--less than a mile at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: The Resort at Squaw Creek--just around the meadow at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Squaw Valley Village--less than a mile at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Here I am, owner and manager of this Squaw property, but in the photo I'm standing in the beautiful grounds of an ancient villa in Ravello Italy and the photo was taken some years ago. Why am I in Italy? Just doing my job as a travel journalist. You can google me with my name 'Patricia Woeber' and don't forget the quotes. Google and yahoo have lots of my articles. The LA Times article on shopping in three countries in one day is amusing. I hope you enjoy it. I am writing my first book (on my personal travel adventures as a journalist) and looking for an agent. France is my favorite country and so I write mostly about its beautiful countryside, art and culture.
Why the Owner Chose Squaw Valley (Olympic Valley):
We bought the home at squaw because it's the best ski mountain in Northern California. Beginners can go in the tram to the top where there are lovely easy slopes. Intermediates enjoy an amazing selection of terrain all over the mountain. For experts this mountain is heaven. We enjoy all four seasons here. Spring is beautiful, summer is perfect and there's lots of outdoor activities to do. Fall is beautiful with the aspens turning gold. Many locals, who moved here for the ski season, say they find the other seasons just as wonderful as they love mountain biking, hiking, rafting, cycling, and other outdoor activities.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love all seasons here. Winter for skiing, and spring, summer and fall is the most tranquil, relaxing place. We sit on the deck in the shade of our aspens and read novels. Actually, I read novels and rewrite chapters of my book, while my husband reads mysteries and thrillers We don't do all the activities around the lake that we used to do when the kids were with us--like swimming in the lake (Sandy Harbor in Nevada), rafting down the Truckee River, riding horses (rented for trail rides at stable in Squaw's meadow), or hiking down the mountain from High Camp. We enjoy eating and shopping in the Squaw village, North Shore and Truckee. Take daily walks around Squaw and along the Truckee River from near River Ranch Lodge to Tahoe City. About 6 miles round trip. The house is so tranquil that spring, summer and fall, it's totally relaxing, although we like walking around the neighborhood and along the paved footpath all the way along the Truckee River to Tahoe City. And dining in the valley. I love it here and stay here more and more. The house's decor is 'clean' for renters so that no personal stuff clutters the rooms. The house's tranquility makes it an ideal place for reading and writing.
- Primary: (415) 706-9643 repeat your phone number twice and slowly
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The sunny south side of house with windows facing the garden and meadow views.
kitchen/dining/sitting has larger windows than those in this picture
upstairs queen room--has new comforter and updated TV
downstairs queen bedroom has new decor, new bedding
new deck will have hot tub (no longer on lower deck)
view to the west
now four larger windows on middle floor of sitting/dining/kitchen
east and south facing sides of house south faces squaw valley meadow
living/dining/ditchen has new flatscreen TV and large selection of movie DVDs
Downstairs queen bedroom now has two enlarged windows
downstairs twin beds
view to the west of house
view south to meadow and hills
aspens outside upstairs queen bedroom and living room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 30, 2013