Prestigious Tynecastle - Gated 4 Bedrooms Large Family Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Banner Elk house description
'Tynecastle' is an absolutely stunning, 5000-square-foot, country home on a PRIVATE 4.4 ACRE mountain retreat. A private and tranquil setting yet only three minutes from downtown Banner Elk. Minutes away is the Banner Elk Winery for wine tasting and special events.
Large windows and doors allow you to enjoy magnificent views from every room. Well-equipped, eat-in kitchen; also a dining room with table and seating up to ten. Extremely cozy living room with a River Rock fireplace, Large Master Bedroom with it's own fireplace. Huge finished but unfurnished Basement that can sleep (bring own sleeping bags) numerous adults/Children.
The perfect place for gatherings or kicking back to watching your favorite TV show or DVD movie. Stone fireplaces, comfy sofas, add to the ambiance during those cool country evenings at 4200-feet elevation.
Things to do:
* Only minutes away you can enjoy Banner Elk Recreational Park, the perfect place for the kids to run and play on the swings or wade in the stream as the adults enjoy a walk on the wonderful paths or listen to free live concerts every Thursday night in season.
* Of course, Banner Elk is famous for its diversity of restaurants whether seafood, steak, Mexican, Italian, American, ice cream parlors, pizza, and even a Spanish Tapas Bar.
* A short scenic drive into historic Valle Crucis brings you to the Famous Mast Country Store sure to excite kids of all ages.
* Spend a romantic evening dining at the four star Mast Inn.
* Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Linville Caverns are an easy short ride.
* Spend a memorable day with the children at Tweetsie Railroad Amusement Park.
* Spend a delightful day antiquing.
* For the outdoor adventure: skiing, guided rafting, biking, horseback riding, caving, hiking, and more are available in Banner Elk with several outfitters.
- 4400 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Master Bedroom has a Queen size Beds, Fireplace, own Master Bathroom with a Whirlpool. Great Room, Dinning Room, Kitchen and a half (1/2) bath on the same main level. Three Bedrooms on the Upper level with two (2) Queen Beds and one (1) Full Bed, and two (2) Full Bathrooms. Lower level is fully finished but not furnished. It has a one (1) Bedroom and one (1) Full Bath and tons of space for sleeping bags or air mattresses....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Wood Fireplace:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- 3 Fireplaces - Master Bedroom, Great Room and Lower Level.
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
ReviewsWrite a review
Lovely and relaxing!
Lovely and relaxing!
We just spent our family "spring-break" in this spacious, very well decorated and comfortable home. We have been taking our family to Banner Elk for 20 plus years. I would rate this lovely home as one of the finest we have encountered. All members of the family, including teenagers, were relaxed, happy and reluctant to leave this private, gated community. The views of the mountains were excellent. The house has lots of porch space to enjoy the scenic outdoors. The inside of the home is very clean, well decorated with quiet rooms to retreat away in and a large living/dining room that could fit any size gathering. Anyone who stays in this well located mountain getaway will be delighted This is a very special home that we will rent again. I can't think of any negatives!
- Guest Dr. Greg (Coastal NC)
- Date of stay 04/23/11
- Review Submitted 05/08/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
I recommend this property to families with children, owner very nice and helpful, house very clean and well maintaines, activities sugar mountain ski resort grandfather mountain. I took my daughters and grandchildre they had a great time. Many thanks to the owners for sharing the house with us. Will be back in the Fall.
- Guest Mercy (Miami)
- Date of stay 12/26/10
- Review Submitted 01/05/11
Recommended for: Families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
6 night min stay
Discounts: 13 nights or more: $350 Nightly; 26 nights or more: $300 Nightly
Dec 1 - Mar 31
6 night min stay
Discounts: 13 nights or more: $550 Nightly; 26 nights or more: $500 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Yearly rental is available. Please contact owner.
50% will be required upon agreement.
Remaining balance is due no later than 3 days prior to arrival.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
There is a $120.00 NON REFUNDABLE Cleaning Fee
There is a $25.00 Keys REFUNDABLE deposit
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: (954) 260-6070 (North Carolina, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Peak of Grandfather Mountain with Private Driveway
Main Floor Back Porch
Front Porch with Rocking Chairs
Kitchen with Granite counter top
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 14, 2013