Ocean Cliff House- Breathtaking Beach Front Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ocean Cliff House is a beautiful 3 bedroom beach house in the Stella Maris resort area on Long Island Bahamas. Majestically perched on the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic where a private white sandy beach (seasonal) and tide pools (year round) create a breathtaking and relaxing atmosphere.
The Ocean Cliff House sleeps up to 6 guests, with a complete and lovely kitchen, outdoor gas grill and full bath amenities allowing you to travel very light to this destination.
Located just minutes away from the Stella Maris Resort, you may enjoy the resort amenities such as snorkeling and diving excursions, swimming pools, fitness center, restaurant, lounge, cave parties, rum punch parties and gift shop.
Not sure how to get to Long Island? Fly to Nassau, Bahamas and then take Southern Air, Pineapple Air, Bahamas Air or other carriers that service the Stella Maris Airport (SML). Stella Maris Resort offers its own flight service often with a more flexible schedule to meet your needs. Round trip airfare to Long Island from Nassau is about $250 per person round trip. You may also fly to Fort Lauderdale, FL and take Choice Air which flies to the island 2 days a week.
Once on the island, you will need a rental car. We are happy to assist you with the rental and have it waiting at the airport for your arrival. Rentals start at $50 per day.
- Vacation Rental
This is a wonderful destination for children. However, the house sits on a cliff overlooking the rocks and beach below. Close supervision is required and this property may not be appropriate for very small children....moreless
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- King size beds (1) Master Bedroom is adjacent to the main living area with a king sized bed and private bath. Sliding glass doors open onto the veranda with a full ocean view., Queen size Beds (2) Second and third bedrooms have separate entrances for added privacy and share an adjoining bathroom. The second bedroom has a queen sized bed. All linens are provided. TVs with DVD or VHS players are provided in each room. Each bedroom has a full ocean view, closets, dressers, alarm clocks, individual remote A/C control, and sliding glass doors opening to the veranda., Double Beds (2) The third bedroom has 2 double beds....moreless
Bathrooms: 2.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dining: kitchen bar seats 4, dining area seats 6, outside patio table seats 6. Bathrooms (2 ½): 1/2 bath located in general living area, full master bath with tub, and third bathroom with tiled walk-in shower adjoining the second and third bedrooms. Bath and beach towels provided. Additionally, an outdoor shower is available for rinsing off from the beach. General living space: The Ocean Cliff House has a large general living space with sunken living room surrounded by sliding glass doors and a beautiful panoramic view of the ocean. Included is a TV with DVD/VHS and movie collection, books, games, sofa and loveseat....moreless
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
The Ocean Cliff House is beautifully landscaped with palms, tropical roses and hibiscus. It has its own private beach and access, a wonderful oceanside deck with outside shower and patio furniture. Large tidal pools with coral and colorful fish adjacent to the beach are perfect for snorkeling when the surf is calm. Please note that the beach varies seasonally- at times during the year there may be too much surf to safely swim from shore. However, there are always calm beaches within a short 10-15 minute drive from the house....moreless
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Stella Maris Resort: The resort has an excellent restaurant serving both local Bahamian and German dishes for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Several swimming pools, pool bar/restaurant, beach, bike rentals and many other amenities are located on Stella Maris grounds. Our guests enjoy full access to the amenities of the resort, including the pools, beach, playground, ocean pool, and dining (a la carte). Diving and Snorkeling: Diving and snorkeling excursions are available through the Stella Maris resort. The resort offers diving at Shark Reef, Conception Wall, wreck diving, and many other sites. There are many great snorkeling spots just off shore that you can explore on your own as well, such as Columbus Point, and in the tide pools in front of the house. Don’t miss Deans Blue Hole, the deepest blue hole in the world. Bonefishing, visiting local artisans, cave exploration, dining, and visiting the many deserted beaches on the island are other ways to enjoy your stay. Although you may choose to never leave the house- it is so lovely and relaxing!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We could not have had a better experience at Ocean Cliff. The pictures do not do the view justice and the sounds of crashing waves was hypnotic. The owners were very responsive while we were planning the trip and more than accommodating. The local caretaker was also extremely helpful and charming, going as far as picking up our rental car when our flight was delayed to have it waiting for us when we arrived. The house is very well taken care of, was spotless, with a fully stocked kitchen and new appliances. Ocean spray and mist surround the house so of course there is some corrosion and rust here and there, but it's part of the charm. The house is very, very comfortable, but is not luxurious or fancy, and the owner's don't promote it as such. It's all about the setting. It was also nice to be close to the Stella Maris resort where we opened a house account and took advantage of a few of the restaurants. We've visited a lot of the other Out Islands by boat, but this was our first visit to Long Island, and we were hooked after day one. If you enjoy going off the beaten path, getting away from crowds, and the ocean, you will be too. Great beaches, snorkeling and fishing! If you're looking for swim-up tiki bars and casinos, this is not the place. We're already looking at dates to return to Ocean Cliff in 2013. We recommend trying to fly direct from Ft. Lauderdale and avoiding the connection in Nassau. That was the only hassle of the entire vacation.
- Guest George
- Date of stay 12/29/12
- Review Submitted 01/08/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
The Cliff House was home to a girl’s week in paradise. Listing photos could never accurately reflect the beauty and harmonious sound of the ocean waves as they splashed a shore. Each bedroom has its on private view of the ocean and its own privacy. The furnishings in the home have been well kept and the kitchen was well organized. We had the most fun on the “Love Beaches” Who does not love sun, sand and surf? This is the place to be! Two thumbs up to the owner for providing a Long Island "To Do" book. But really, why would you leave paradise?
- Guest Hershey
- Date of stay 04/14/12
- Review Submitted 05/14/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
$1500/week for 2 people, $1800/wk over Christmas/New Year Holiday Additional guests - $50 / week for each additional guest Cleaning Fee $200 Fully refundable security deposit- $500 Discount for multiple weeks and monthly rentals.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Seasonal beach in front of the house
Bahamian Decor throughout the home
Fresh local fruit and flowers upon your arrival
Entertainment system with TV, DVD, stereo, Sirius Satellite Radio
External corridor to second and third bedrooms.
View of seasonal beach looking left from the veranda
The rock pools are perfect for kids and beginning snorkelers!
Magnificent coral formations
Sting ray at Cape Santa Maria- 20 minutes from the house
Fish at the edge of the abyss at Dean's Blue Hole
Entrance gates to Ocean Cliff House
Fully equipped modern kitchen with bar stool seating at the counter.
Living room with panoramic views of the ocean!
Dining room table with seating for 6
Master bedroom and bath. Sliding glass doors open to ocean and outdoor shower.
Second bedroom with queen bed
Third bedroom with 2 double beds
Rock pools directly in front are like your own aquarium.
Beautiful reef fish
Cape Santa Maria rated one of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world
Dean's Blue Hole- deepest in the world!
Cave exploration with Hamilton's Cave Tours
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Wednesday, May 22, 2013