Exceptionally Outfitted. Great Price. Best Value. Full Access!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Captiva Island house description
Welcome to the most peaceful place on earth - Captiva Island. We have tried to make our home as user-friendly as the lifestyle on Captiva. You can kick back and enjoy without thinking about life and work 'back home.'
We hope you select our rental for your next vacation - we've gone to great lengths to ensure a worry-free visit in every way we could envision.
If you invest your valuable vacation time and hard-earned money here, we believe you will get the best possible return on that investment. In fact, if you contact us, we will happily give you the names of several people who have stayed in our Captiva home. You are free to contact them to learn what they thought of the area or(if you're already familiar with Captiva) about our home there.
Thank you for viewing our property online and if you have ANY questions at all please contact us via e-mail or phone.
Keywords: House (not a condo)
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Queen size Beds (1) This is a new mattress and is absolutely fabulous! Access to the top deck from the master bath., Twin or Single Beds (1) Two twins in the 2nd bedroom with access to top deck. Of course, the beds can be moved close together if that's desired., Child Beds (1) There is a crib available in the home, plus 2 booster chairs and a gate to prevent toddlers from accessing the stairs., Baby Cribs (1) This is stored in the smaller bedroom closet. Booster chairs (2) are also provided and, last time we were there, were stored in the second floor landing closet., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Queen size sofa bed in living room sleeps 2 and full-size futon on second floor landing sleeps 1 or 2. Also, a full size futon in an alcove on the second floor landing....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Pantry Items:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Covered Parking:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 6
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Completely and Beautifully Furnished Beach Home in Sunset Captiva with Community Pool, Tennis, Gas BBQ's and Boardwalk to Private Beach; Walk to Village Shops & Restaurants--Lots of Outdoor Dining and Live Music Afternoons & Evenings; Here are Some of the Things YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BRING, BUY, RENT OR DO WITHOUT: Beach Chairs, Beach Umbrellas, Beach Sand Toys, Beach Wagon, Beach Cart, Beach Towels, Flotation Devices, Pool Toys, Coolers (Lg & Sm),Bicycles(4),Tire Pump,Rods&Reels,150-DVD's, Saran Wrap, Alum Foil, Zip Lock Bags, Detergent, Blow Dryer, Bed Linens & Towels, First Aid Kit, Candles, Sewing Kit, All Sizes Batteries, Flashlights, Steam Iron & Board, Coolie Cups, and Tennis Racquets. Separate Laundry Room with newer Washer & Dryer, Master Bedroom with New Multi-Head 2-Person Shower, Top Deck Partial View of Bay with Access from Both Bedrooms; You Will Love Captiva and We Believe You Will Love Staying in Our Home Away From Home!...moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Broadband Access:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Garden Chairs:
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Roller Blading
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Dolphin Tours,Sunset Tours,Guided Fishing,Boat Rental (Bayside,Across Captiva Dr),Guided Kayak Nature Tours,High-Speed Catamaran to Key West for the Day or Overnight;Getting Married or Renewing Vows? Beachside Wedding Planner Referral Available for Sunrise or Sunset Affair (That's where we got married!)...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Complete Relaxation and Comfort!
Complete Relaxation and Comfort!
We had the pleasure of recently spending a fantastic week in paradise at this terrific home. My wife and I have two young daughters (ages 3 & 5). The home is part of a terrific beachfront community, the amenities (pool is fantastic, along with tennis courts, etc.) were expansive. Centrally located, we did not have to get in the car once during the week. An array of restaurants are less than a blocks walk away - and the convenience of the island store is right around the corner. The kitchen is stocked with everything you need to cook for a family, and the home is immaculate. Additionally, we were pleasantly surprised by the access to beach supplies (chairs, umbrellas, toys, etc) - which was a big plus with our young kids, and comfort on the beach. Great stock of movies for all tastes. We plan to make this home an annual destination - Captiva is a very special, beautiful place. Quiet, beautiful, and relaxing - everything a beach destination should be!
- Guest Spencer (Connecticut)
- Date of stay 06/18/11
- Review Submitted 08/19/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
STAY HERE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED
STAY HERE, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED
We just got back from a wonderful week on Captiva in this great home. This is in a great community that is perfect for walking to dinner and getting ice cream for the kids every night before walking to the beach to watch the sunset every night.... absolute paradise. Thank you for your hospitality. We look forward to coming back again. Lisa and Brian - Maryland
- Guest Lisa (Maryland)
- Date of stay 04/09/11
- Review Submitted 04/18/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
Manager response: Thanks for the great review. We try to make all our guests LOVE the experience of staying in our vacation home! If you're looking for a hassle-free experience of staying in a vacation property, you must check out our place. We have loaded this house with all the things we wished we had found when renting a vacation property. Check out the details on this VRBO listing. Thank you.
We have stayed in several homes in Sunset Captiva over the last 20 years but this experience was our favorite to date. The owners have given great thought to every detail to make your vacation relaxing and comfortable. What is described in the rental information is all they say and more. All in all, a "captivating" experience!
- Guest Jack & Joy Bortle (Defiance, MO)
- Date of stay 09/20/09
- Review Submitted 09/20/09
My family loved staying in this condo! Sunset Captiva is a beautiful area with easy access to the beach and pool. My 2 year old walked and I carried my 9 month old on my hip within Sunset Captiva. The condo is stocked with everything you could possibly think of. It is very refreshing to stay in a place and everything listed on the website is true and available. The condo was very clean which is very important to us with two little ones. The one block walk to dinner was great. My 2 year old even made the trek rather than riding in the stroller. Jensen's marina is directly behind the condo unit and a great place to see manatee. This was a great location and we would love to stay again. I hope everyone enjoys it like we did.
- Guest Jennifer151 (Gatlinburg, TN)
- Date of stay 07/13/09
- Review Submitted 07/13/09
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jan 4 - May 2, 2014
7 night min stay
May 3 - May 30, 2014
7 night min stay
May 31 - Jan 3, 2015
7 night min stay
- Taxes Not included
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2002
About: We are both in residential real estate in the burbs of St Louis MO. We love 'beaching it' and Captiva has a fabulous beach. We're morning people, so we were married on the beach at the Lighthouse in Sanibel but many couples marry at sunset on Captiva beach. Only get to be there 3 or 4 times a year, but it's heaven for us.
Why Captiva Island:
We've always been beach-loving people and Captiva just blew us away with its low key, sophisticated lifestyle. It is a fabulous family vacation spot, especially in Sunset Captiva. And you never know whom you might see at the Key Lime Bistro, Mucky Duck, Bubble Room or Island Store...celebrities are tucked away in their private enclaves, but they do emerge at times.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our vacation home is so easy to enjoy. It is equipped and accessorized so completely that guests have stated that they are utterly amazed by the completeness of it. (We even have a salad spinner!) We're only a 3-minute stroll to the pool and the boardwalk to the beach is right there. We do not offer a beach-front experience, but we have tried to offer much more than you'll find at most other vacation homes.
- Primary: (314) 608-3454 (Missouri, USA)
- Secondary: +1 314-608-3434
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Dining Rooms Day or Night, it is a Retreat
Brand New Kitchen
The Master Bedroom Bath Has a Two-Person Multi-Head Shower
Full Size Sleeper-Futon
4 Bicycles, Coolers, Rafts, etc., etc., in Storage Shed under the house
Boardwalk to the Beach is just behind the Pool
From Sunrise to Sunset, Captiva Island is Breathtaking!
The Coolest House In The Neighborhood.
Relax on the Lanai
Second Bedroom with Full Bath
Upper Deck gets Morning Sun and a peek at the Bay
Beach Wagon & Cart to Haul Chairs, Sand Toys, and Kids too
Wonderful Heated Pool
The Sunset Captiva Private Beach
The Most Fabulous Residential Beach-Front Community on Captiva Island!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Saturday, June 29, 2013