Bluff Top, Oceanfront Home W 180* Frontline Ocean Views
You sent a message to this owner.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO. Learn more
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
AVAILABLE FOR SELECT DATES, PLEASE ALSO SEE OTHER LISTING 100 FT BEHIND THIS HOUSE. # 4075467. CALENDER MAY NOT BE ACCURATE . NOT ADVERTISED ON CRAIGS LIST. Please inquire about additional photos as the website limits content. NOTE - we have an additional 1 BEDROOM attached apt available for holidays . Separate from main house. PLEASE INQUIRE FOR RATES AND AVAILABILITY. THIS APT AVAILABLE BY THE MONTH AS WELL.
This unique Aptos/Capitola ,Santa Cruz County, oceanfront, bluff top, south facing, private home has 180 degree huge ocean views of Capitola Bay and the entire Monterey Bay. 150 acres of trees and open space in back has direct access to and overlooks New Brighton State Beach. Private gated entry, 1000 ft road. Contemporary, 11ft glass windows, stone floors, 2000 feet of decks, multi- level. Only 3 properties on bluff top.
Hot tub overlooks ocean. 5 minute stroll through park to stairs to beach or drive thru Park to beach, rent paddleboards, kayak, fish off 20 mile dog friendly beach. 1 mile to Capitola Village. View of the Monterey Bay Sanctuary across to Pacific Grove/Monterey. See Dolphins, Whales, paddleboard, kayak, surf. Google New Brighton State Beach for location.
PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER IF you have young unsupervised children as property is not safe, not fenced and covered but unlocked hot tub. No weddings or wedding parties of any type allowed per insurance, this is not a party house, it is a serene environment if you are considerate and respectful this magical location is for you.
Here are two precious poems by twin 9 year old girls while staying at Dolphinwatch -
Listen, by Paris B
Bolting, crashing, smashing, dipping, coming in and coming out, it pauses and starts again, like fireworks and granades, you can hear it roar, it's trying to tell you something but you aren't listening, the ocean is calling to you . . .
Ocean Blue, by Olivia B
light blue horizon can touch the gentle waves crashing on the shore will make it go astray touching every creature moving in its path better not get too close or it will go crash
Ocean Blue bright as dew birds skimming and looking for fish, fish jumping, seals swimming, all in its path
guest book comment 06/06: every time I looked out over the fabulous view from my place on the chaise, or relaxed on blankets on each bed, or watched my sister floating happily in the hot tub, I kept hearing Humphrey Bogart's voice echoing in my head, saying wistfully 'the stuff that dreams are made of.' And he was right this place seems to have materialized out of a dream . . .
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 2150 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Considered:
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Two king suites downstairs with private full baths with tubs, 1 bedroom upstairs which includes a queen bed, a double size futon which is on top of a a single size bed, all in the same room. Outside this room room is a queen bed in open loft area, semi-private, no walls, fabulous place to sleep, whitewater view. The upstairs has a 1/2 bath, the shower for all upstairs guests is downstairs The two suites downstairs have full baths each, one on the ocean and one facing garden. Maximum of eight adults, 2 per bed, children and singles can sleep on huge sofas in living room and total guests can be 10 for sleeping purposes. room in both downstairs rooms for a crib (not supplied) No toddlers or young children allowed upstairs due to safety concerns. May not be considered safe for young children. Level with no steps from drive into house and onto deck, can easily maneuver wheelchair hard surface (stone)- first floor, 2nd floor not suitable for young children, not safe....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- entire first floor accessible with no stairs - 2 king size suites ground level - no stairs from parking through house on out to deck, easy for wheelchairs or walkers( gravel on drive for short distance) upstairs bedroom and loft share downstairs bathroom (shower). shower walker accessible, however not legally compliant for handicap requirements. 1 queen is in open loft upstairs. Other queen upstairs in bedroom with a full size futon, and twin daybed. Futon must be moved to floor off daybed to use. Upstairs Not Safe For Young Children....moreless
- Please note that this is a private residence and does have a non licensed local property manager. This is a great place for dogs! It is not child safe and we discourage very young children due to location, no fencing, on bluff, hot tub covered but not locked . Access to the house is direct from the gravel drive, No stairs, wheel chairs and walkers have direct access and shower downstairs can be accessed with walker. Huge parking area for 6 cars at least. BUT PLEASE, OUT OF RESPECT FOR THIS SPECIAL HOME, No large groups, 12 max . No wild parties, No weddings, per insurance. No outdoor music allowed. Road is video monitored....moreless
- Music Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Coin Laundry
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Beach View:
- Ocean View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
Communication / Internet
- Activities Guide
- Basic Soaps
- Clothes Dryer
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 23 - Nov 29, 2015
4 night min stay
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2016
4 night min stay
Feb 12 - Feb 15, 2016
2 night min stay
Mar 18 - Mar 28, 2016
3 night min stay
May 27 - Sep 5, 2016
4 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Changeover Day: Friday
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning $185 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $59
- Tax Rate 11%
Rates can change at any time, always inquire for current pricing. House is not always available, calender not always updated, thank you for understanding. This is our private home, we are not property managers.
WE DO NOT ADVERTISE ON CRAIGS LIST OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE NOT OPERATED BY HOMEAWAY/VRBO
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Pay with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
PLEASE EMAIL for availability. Calender may be inacurate due to pending bookings and can change at any time. See DOG FRIENDLY New Brighton State Beach. GOOGLE IS IN ERROR DO NOT USE. A short 10 minute stroll through the park takes you to the stairs to the beach. The beach is 25 miles long going south. Capitola Village is 1/2 mile north. The park and beach are DOG FRIENDLY. The property is private , surrounded by 150 acres of open space and trees, accessed by a 1000 ft private, gated drive, 100 ft from nearest home, far from a public road. The only sounds you will hear are the waves breaking below the house. private sunbathing deck hidden below house on bluff, plenty of parking.
Other Activities: mountain biking, unreal hiking, cycling, kayaking, surfing, SUP, paddle board below house,access through park, pier with power boats for rent for fishing or viewing dolphin, otters, fishing off beach for very large sea bass and halibut, salmon in season, dungeness crab during season.
Golf: De La Viega Golf Course, Santa Cruz - 15 minutes
Seascape Golf Course, Aptos - 10 minutes
Pebble Beach Golf Course - 45 minutes
Spyglass Golf Course - 45 minutes
Spanish Bay Golf Course - 60 minutes
Pasatiempo Golf Course, Santa Cruz - 20 minutes
Ski: 4 hours from lake Tahoe, 3 hours from Yosemite
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: We are retired, Bruce - a surgeon and Pam, an RN nurse/100ton USCG master mariner, kiteboarder - bought a beach shack 25 yrs ago and rebuilt. When we are offshore sailing, kiteboarding or diving we let our special home so others can experience its magic. We, of course, are often at this magnificent property ourselves which is why it is often not available. We hope you enjoy this special paradise as much as we do. Thank you for your interest.
Why the Owner Chose Aptos:
Unique, unparalled location, close to all that is wonderful in Santa Cruz County and Monterey Bay. Surrounded by trees and parkland. Offering privacy and easy access to the sand, Capitola and all amenities. Not in a residential area, very private and quiet. Jacuzzi overlooking ocean and below private intimate sun deck. ADDITIONAL 1 BDR APT on site. Available as separate rental. Sleeps 3. Available monthly as well.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Central location in Santa Cruz County, 20 mile long beach below house, easy access to boating, paddleboarding, surfing, fishing, hiking, famous mountain biking, golfing and best walking village - Capitola - Drive 45 minutes to Pebble Beach, Carmel, Monterey, 1.5hrs to San Francisco, 3 hrs to Yosemite. 5 hours to Lake Tahoe.
- Primary: +1 8313455732
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View to Capitola village, Pleasure Point,Santa Cruz Monterey Bay
New Brighton Beach below house is 20 miles long. Dogs allowed
master garden suite
loft Bedroom open screened queen
Deck view from living room to Capitola village
upstairs queen bedroom full futon and daybed same room 10 x20 1/2 bath ensuite
hot tub, Monterey Bay & Pacific Grove across bay facing south
guest bath/shower # 3 bath downstrairs serves upstairs as shower
new 2013 chefs kitchen
vue kitchen window
view deck oceanfront outside dining
Stairs to beach 5 minute stroll thru park
ocean master bathroom
Sunset from deck toward Capitola
Driveway 1000 ft to house
dining area ocean front connects to living room to right
new kitchen 2013
stairs to left and 3rd bedroom - half bath upstairs
- Property typeHouse
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within a few hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/16/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.