Perfect Vacation Beach House
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7-30 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Chicxulub house description
Chicxulub is a fishermen town close by where you can purchase your regular staying groceries, they have a couple of drugstores and some small restaurants and of course there’s plenty to see and stroll around. If you’re interested in fishing trips you can book some with locals, ask around, plenty to do (windsurf, kayak and water ski).
We keep this house in pristine conditions both for our guests and our own family since is also our summer beach house, so we take pride in its condition. It is the exact distance, not too close to town, so you can have a private time for yourself and it’s still at hand to basic services and shopping. You can always spend time in quiet walks on the beach and enjoy our quiet warm sea, which being located in the Gulf of Mexico instead of the Caribbean gives us a tame sea where you can relax and a warm and shallow shore you can enjoy for yourself and with your family.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 5-7
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (3).
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Parking Off Street:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- We provide a hammock indoors, just near the balcony, so you can feel the warm breeze while you privately relax out of the sun... or if you would like get some tanning, you can use our poolside chairs and lounge beds while you get in and out of the sea or pool as many times as you like. The kitchen is fully equipped, so you can focus on your vacation time, whether an active jog on the beach or a relaxing time at sea. We have help at hand with a person that can help with whatever task you may need, lives close-by and has a cell phone so he can be reached at anytime. Additional housekeeping services can be booked for an additional fee. The house was built at 2007, but we have it in top conditions. And the pool area was renewed at 2014 to get more privacy....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Seafood, international food restaurants, typical food... can be found in the close cities of Progreso, Chicxulub or Telchac.- Also in Merida, the capital of the state which is 50 minutes away you can find many US convenience stores and chains like Costco, TGI Fridays, Sams Club, Walmart and Starbucks. Enjoy different shows and amenities that you can visit on a day and as you are located in the Yucatan Riviera Maya you have access to different mayan ruins and other sites as the seventh wonder of the world 'Chichen Itza', which is at a couple hours drive away... and 'Xcambo' ruins are located about 15 minutes away. You will have many resources to enjoy and fulfill your vacation needs. We can help you booking or prepare your vacation time to make it an unforgettable both magical and relaxing Mexican experience....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Ocean Views Away From It All
Great Ocean Views Away From It All
My wife and I spent a very restful week at this house. Two great features are the owners, and the location. Frederick and Wilma are very accommodating, and will do what they can to respond to any reasonable request of their guests. For example, they provided me with a device called a “banda” so I could connect my laptop to the internet and bought my wife a kettle for her tea. Juan Carlos is their caretaker/maintenance/security person, who is fluent in English, lives nearby and is very helpful. Although it may seem a little remote at first, we felt completely safe in and around this area. There is a great restaurant at a small hotel called Technohotel, about 1 km to the east of the house, and an interesting Mayan ruin about 15 minutes away by car. We even saw a flock of flamingoes on the way back! The location is ideal for those wanting a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, just 23 km east of Progreso, in a quiet area between two fishing villages -- an easy hour or so drive from Merida on good roads. Progreso offers a lot of activities, and there is a good grocery store at the corner of the highway from Merida. The pictures on the website give an accurate portrayal of the house. It is about 500 yards off the highway, with an empty lot next door. The house is well furnished and well kept. However, keep in mind you are oceanfront, and the salt in the air does take its toll on anything metal in just a few years. Also, while we were there it was windy most days, which made some noise depending on window openings and wind direction. The biggest drawback would be that this is half of a duplex. The infinity pool and deck are shared between the two units. There was no one renting the other half for the week we were there, but if one were expecting privacy and tranquility and a family with kids moved in next door.... Apart from that all you have to do is enjoy the house, enjoy the weather, enjoy the pool, watch the birds, and maybe enjoy a cool drink or two. Should you actually get bored of all that, there is plenty to see and do within easy reach by car. . (I heard that Freddy and the owner of the other half of the duplex are long-time friends, and they arrange not to rent both units at the same time. If privacy is important, just ask. However, it could be ideal for two families traveling together. ) Thank you Frederick , Wilma, and Juan Carlos, we had a great time! Rich and Meg
- Guest Meg F.
- Date of stay 02/04/13
- Review Submitted 02/21/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you so much for your kind comments. You are our first review and we will never forget it, we are really excited! We are also pleased you enjoyed your stay in the house and if you ever want to go back, of course we will give you a special rate and more personal attention. Greetings from Juan Carlos, and his new friends Freddy and Wilma
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 22 - Apr 7
7 night min stay
|july and august
Jun 29 - Jul 31, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Manuel Rejón airport at 38 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Tecnohotel or Villas San Bruno at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Silcer.- club marine. at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: La Ceiba at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Tecnohotel or Villas San Bruno at 1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Hello. We are a marriage with 4 children who really enjoy going to the beach to swim at the sea, skying, fishing, walking, etc. We live in Merida, Yucatan. where we were born and we love for its people, its culture, its many amenity places, etc.
Why the Owner Chose Chicxulub:
As it´s the best beach of the area... we built a duplex, with some friends, but with total privacy. The house is very cool and spacious. Enjoy spectacular sunsets, walks on the seashore ... see flocks of flamingos or maybe some dolphins in the sea ... and discover when turtle hatchlings sprout, depending on the season.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We have a local person who lives nearby with his young family and cares for several houses. He is honest and friendly. He speaks English and knows all the details of the house. He also worked as a tour guide, so he can help to get services, tours or information if requested.
- Primary: +52 999 941 7263 (Mexico)
- Secondary: +52 999 292 6395 (Mexico) I am using WhatsApp.
Beautiful view to the beach.
hTe facade of the house view from the beach.
The second bedroom with two double bed.
walk to the beach.
The safe and quiet ocean.
Hamock to enjoy the view and breeze.
Main bedroom is in front the beach.
Small bedroom with a double bed.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Monday, January 06, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.