Stone Villa & Pool, Modern Comforts, 2 Wooded Acres (for 2-8)
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Mazan villa description
LA PEYRIERE - Large Stone Villa with Old World Charm and Modern Comforts, large pool, 2-acre wooded property, lavender, decorated in Provence colors, recently renovated, surrounded by vineyards, on a plateau at the foothills of Mont Ventoux.
PRIVATE UNIT available with 2 or 3 bedrooms:
LA TRES GRANDE PEYRIERE (3-BRM for 2 to 8)
LA GRANDE PEYRIERE (2-brm for 2 to 6)
IDEAL FOR COUPLES, FAMILIES, GROUPS.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION: Massive stone walls, spacious living with fireplace, large windows, shutters, lavender, large vine-covered terrace with table for 10, flowering shrubs - and also dishwasher, washing machine, central heating, CD player, TV+DVD, etc. La Peyriere has all the Provence features & more.
The house has been decorated by a local artist in the colors of Provence (honeyed ochres, deep blues and reds). The 2-acre property is fenced, and large enough for strolls. It's out in the countryside, the house is shaded by huge old oaks and pines.
An extra feature is that the large pool (4 m x 10 m) is far enough from the house that early swimmers don't disturb later sleepers.
LA TRES GRANDE PEYRIERE (3 BRM). Spacious living room with a fireplace and Louis XIVth mantlepiece, three bedrooms, separate beautifully renovated kitchen opening onto the terrace.
LA GRANDE PEYRIERE (2-BRM). This is the same place as LA TRES GRANDE PEYRIERE - but with 1 less bedroom.
Then, just outside the property are vineyards and tempting country roads. Thirty minutes away is Avignon, with its bridge, its ruins, its festivals, its miles of shops and restaurants. Closer by, just 5 minutes away, are 2 charming towns (Carpentras and Mazan) with restaurants, shopping, street markets.
Mt. Ventoux can be seen from La Peyriere, and the peak - with its breathtaking view over hundreds of kilometers - can be reached easily. It's only 26 km away, and the drive goes through a series of scenic little villages such as Gordes, le Barroux, Roussillon and scenic attractions such les gorges de la Nesque. These are just some of the charms of this place.
La Peyriere is ideal for anyone who loves peace and restfulness, and a pool, and for anyone who loves visiting Provence, where there is so much to see and do.
In every direction are old villages with cafes and winding streets. There is also scores of other sites, including a huge underground fountain, an ancient printing press, and cellars for winetasting. The landscape is breath-taking.
LA PEYRIERE - IN THE HEART OF PROVENCE
Keywords: Villa with pool in the heart of Provence
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Climbing
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Five kilometers away are 2 towns (in opposite directions), with restaurants, antique fairs, cafes, shops, and wonderful old streets, The smaller town, Mazan is ideal for fresh baguettes in the morning, Then, a chateau that was once the residence of the Marquis de Sade is now a charming restaurant, As for Carpentras, it is much larger, has 2 supermarkets, and 2 weekly fairs, Both are crowded and bustling, There are wonderful small shops, including a chococlate shop, pastry shops, and shops with traditional Provencal fabric, And then there is Avignon - a large town with masses of historic places, including the famous bridge, a winding river, a shopping street, and festivals galore, Van Gogh's famous haunts are just an hour away, For the active, there's biking and hiking, for everyone there's touring - villages, historic sites, Roman ruins, fountains, and so much more, Less than 20 min away are golf and horse-back riding...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
LA TRES GRANDE PEYRIERE (3BR) .. €495-€1595 (low to high season). LA GRANDE PEYRIERE (2BR) .. €395-€1395 (low to high season). FOR COMPLETE LIST OF PRICES, PLEASE EMAIL. MULTI-WEEK DISCOUNTS (exc high season); long-term winter rentals. Short stays and weekend stays possible off peak. Please enquire for late fall / winter discounts
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Marseille - Marignane at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Marseille at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Avignon at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Pontet at 20 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Marseille at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Carpentras at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Alps at 400 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Avignon at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Mazan at 3 Kilometres
Old World charm, privacy, lavender, olive groves, vineyards, 2 wooded acres,pool
Each bedroom individual (top - la Grande) (bottom - la Petite)
Colors by Provence artist, Louis XIV mantlepiece, surrounded by lavender & woods
Large pool, casual terrace, shuttered doors & windows - sun, fun, relaxation
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 11, 2013
3 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.