Vacation Home Away from Home for Winter and Summer Fun
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bellaire house description
VACATION HOME AWAY FROM HOME FOR WINTER AND SUMMER FUN AT SCHUSS AND SHANTY CREEK IN BELLAIRE MICHIGAN
If you’re looking for a great place to spend your vacation, then look no further than Schuss/Shanty Creek Resort area - a Summer and Winter Wonderland offering something for everyone in your family! Stay in our completely remodeled home away-from-home, instead of a crowded hotel room or condo.
This beautiful, pet-friendly, 3 bedroom, 3-1/2 half bath 2400 sq. ft. HOME sits in a gated community on 2.75 acres at Schuss/Shanty Creek and is available for rent by the week or weekends.
The home offers these amenities:
.AIR CONDITIONING .
• Newly custom decorated with carpeting through-out and wood flooring in entry, ½ bath and kitchen.
• Three bedrooms including main floor master and two upstairs. The master bedroom has one queen-size bed and a master bath featuring a large seated shower. The two
bedrooms upstairs include 2 full-size beds in each room.
• Each bedroom has ceiling fan, cable TV, clock radios and VCR in one bedroom upstairs.
• 3-1/2 baths including, full master bath, main-level half bath, and full baths in both upper and lower levels.
• Linens, towels, soaps and paper products provided.
• Main level offers an open floor plan perfect for family togetherness or entertaining. Open kitchen, dining and great room feature picturesque views through two-story wall-to-wall windows overlooking serene wooded area.
• LARGE fully equipped kitchen with large granite-tiled counter space. Seating includes bar stool seating for 4 and table dining seating for 6.
• Living room has fireplace, Cable TV, stereo, DVD player and ceiling fan.
• Walkout lower level suite offers seating & gaming area, full bath, small kitchen/dining area and a separate utility room with washer and dryer. Also includes cable TV, stereo, internet, Play Station 2 and ping pong table.
• Ample garage has room for RV or boat, with large driveway for off-street parking.
• House has wrap-around deck with propane barbeque grill and deck furniture with table and umbrella. There is a great view from every window, surrounded by woods and a variety of wildlife right outside our front yard (including deer, fox, turkeys, etc.) Swings and fire pit in the front yard for children and adults.
Located just minutes from all winter and summer activities at Schuss and Shanty Creek, the home is perfect for year-round vacations.
• Take advantage of the fall season by enjoying an explosion of colors as the seasons change!
• Winter offers multiple sporting opportunities including downhill skiing for both beginners and advance skiers with 50 runs to choose from at Schuss and Shanty Creek. Or try Cross country skiing, snowboarding, snow-tubing, sleigh rides and snowmobiling. Licensed day care/camps are available for your children and there are ski lessons for every type of snowboarders or skiers. Boyne Mountain is just 20-30 minutes away if you want to try different slopes.
• Summer also offers a variety of sports for both adults and children:
World class golfing! Our local, on-property courses include The Legend (an Arnold Palmer design), The Weiskoff Course at Cedar River Village, and The Summit and Schuss Courses. The Hawks Eye and Chief Golf Courses are located adjacent to our own property courses.
Professional driving ranges and golf lessons available.
Swimming pools, fitness center and Wellness Spa available at the 11 million dollar newly renovated lodge at Summit Village
Public access for launching your boat on Bellaire Lake
Private beach on Bellaire Lake with large Community House available for Shanty Creek owners and/or renters.
Additional activities include hiking trails, backpacking, mountain-biking, horseback riding and incredible fishing.
Torch Lake, the “third most beautiful lake in the World” and part of the Chain of Lakes, is just 10 minutes away with a public launch in the quaint village of Alden or next to the Dockside restaurant outside of Bellaire. There are boats, pontoons, jet -skis, para-sailing and kayak rentals available within 15-20 minutes. Fifteen minutes to the East of Shanty Creek are East Jordon and the Jordon River Wilderness Area, a federally designated National Wildlife and Scenic River supporting some of the best fly-fishing in Northern Michigan.
You’ll be minutes from great shopping, restaurants, entertainment, casinos and nightlife. There are great restaurants here at Shanty Creek and near-by Bellaire. Shop and “play” in the quaint Villages of Alden, Elk Rapids and Charlevoix. Traverse City and Petoskey are just 35 minutes with wonderful restaurants, shopping, pubs, brewery’s, wineries and casinos.
“IT’S A WONDERFUL DAY AT SCHUSS AND SHANTY CREEK.”
Keywords: 2400 Sq. Ft. Home
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (4)
Bathrooms: 3.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Game Console
- Video Library
- CD Player
- Air Hockey
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Golf Course View
- Mountain View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
ReviewsWrite a review
Great place for ski weekend!
Great place for ski weekend!
We rented Glorias' house for a group ski weekend. The place was large enough for 4 couples, with room to spare. Gloria provided everything we needed to make us feel at home. We were a short drive to Schuss Mountain and even closer to Summit. I really appreciate how great it was to rent from Gloria. She responded quickly to all emails and was great to talk to with a last minute phone call. I can't say enough how great our stay was. Thank you very much. Hope to be back next year!
- Guest Scott (Macomb, MI)
- Date of stay 01/27/12
- Review Submitted 02/01/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway.
Great Getaway spot
Great Getaway spot
I arranged for myself and four co-workers to rent this home while we attended a conference at Shanty Creek. Plenty of room, and bathrooms for 5 girls! The house had everything we could want, was as pictured ( Nicely furnished ), and in a beautiful setting. Gloria the owner was very nice to work with and we hope to rent again next year if the conference is held at Shanty Creek.
- Guest PR (Rockford.Mi)
- Date of stay 02/11/11
- Review Submitted 02/15/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, pet owners, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
$150/night .. $175 per night/weekends(Non Holidays) $1050-$1275 a week Call for Holiday Rates. Security Deposit $400.00. Cleaning and Laundry Fee $110.00. Additonal fee of $25 for pets 60 lbs and under
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
View: Rear Of Home
Front of home in the winter
Loft View of Living Area
Fully Equipped Kitchen
2nd Upstairs Bedroom
Lower Level 1st view of living area
Lower Level Kitchenette
Front door and entry
View of Dinning Area from Loft
Larger Upstairs Bedroom
Main Level Master Bedroom
Walkout Lower Level Living Area
Lower Level Full Bath
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013