High End Oceanfront Awesome View Best Beach Avail Nov 30-Dec 3!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kihei Surfside condo description
This unit is a fifth floor, luxuriously appointed one bedroom, 1.5 bath condominium at the Kihei (Key-Hay) Surfside Resort, Maui, has a 180 degree absolute direct oceanfront view and the islands of Lanai, Kaho'olawe and Molokini are clearly visible nearby.
The unit has a full kitchen, flat screen plasma TV with DVD player, stereo with CD player and IPOD dock, telephone, wireless hi-speed internet and a private lanai. The living room has a queen size sofa bed. The unit has been extensively renovated, including new kitchen with granite countertops and flooring. The bedroom has a king bed with ensuite bath and security safe.
The unit is fully equipped with utensils, fresh linen and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and beach gear that includes chairs, towels and snorkel gear. The unit is equipped with multi-speed ceiling fans in both the living room and bedroom. Laundry facilities are available on site.
The property itself features an extensive and immaculately kept lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbecue facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui, where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea.
It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers!
Kihei Surfside Resort is located in the 2900 block of S. Kihei Road, at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator.
There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort. The Grand Wailea Hotel, The Shops at Wailea and Wailea/Makena Golf Courses are close by and Kahalui airport is just twenty-five minutes away.
Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There is free parking on site. Just a few minutes from the airport are Costco, Wal-Mart and Sears. A short drive from the resort is Safeway, Foodland and Star Market, where you can stock up on groceries. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery store for last minute items, and a yoga studio.
The world class golf facilities of Wailea and Makena are nearby. Windsurfing, and many other water activities are also available nearby. Some of the best snorkeling on Maui is steps from the property. The Pacific Foundation conducts their annual whale count from the Surfside property. The Kihei boat ramp, from where the pleasure boats and sightseeing/snorkeling tours depart, is a five minute walk.
Kihei town itself is only a few minutes away by car and boasts many fine restaurants, video and gift shops. Historical Lahaina and beautiful Kaanapali beach are a scenic 25 minute drive towards the western part of Maui.
- On floor 5
- 680 sq. ft.
- 6 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Living Room seats 6
- Putting Green, Shuffleboard, Snorkeling, whale watching
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Broadband Access
- Outdoor Grill
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
Haleakala National Park is home to Maui's highest peak. Rising 10,023 feet above sea level, Haleakala's graceful slopes can be seen from the south side of the building. Haleakala means 'house of the sun' in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the demigod Maui lassoed the sun from its journey across the sky as he stood on the volcano’s summit, slowing its descent to make the day last even longer....moreless
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
KS 505 (Luxury) 2-6 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jun 1 - Sept 30 $145-$175 $135-$165 $125-$155 $115-$145 $115-$135 Oct 1 - Dec 15 $185-$205 $175-$195 $165-$185 $155-$175 $145 - $165 Dec 16 - Mar 31 $255-$275 $245-$265 $235-$255 $225-$245 $215 - $235 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $145-$215 $135-$205 $125-$195 $115-$185 $115 - $175 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax# W00998988-01)and $25 reservation fee. $85 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don't see your dates available, send me an email and I'll see what I can do-Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Kahului (OGG) at 14.8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Keawakapu (voted Maui's most romantic) at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Five Palms Oceanfront Bar (Maui's best happy hour) at 40 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Wailea Blue Course at 2.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Five Palms Oceanfront Grill Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner at 40 Metres
Why Kihei Surfside:
We are convinced this property offers the best value and location for oceanfront accommodation in the south Kihei/Wailea area. All of the units are direct oceanfront, and the property has the most amazing oceanfront lawn area spanning over 2 acres, which is unique to our property. The best part about the Surfside are the friendly, happy people, and the great accommodating staff!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The property is located right at the north end of world famous Keawakapu Beach. It is one of the finest white sand beaches anywhere. It stretches for miles past some of the most expensive homes and hotels in all of Maui. Great for walking or running. There is a reef right at our property that has the most amazing snorkeling we have seen anywhere. Unlike most other oceanfront properties in Kihei, the Surfside is perched right on the sea shore, set back several hundred feet from S. Kihei Road, so you hear the ocean, not the road noise. The complex has two high end stainless steel barbeques and picnic tables right at the ocean. Almost every night, we use the barbeque and eat our dinner at the oceanfront lit by tiki torches.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 Happy to talk to you, but email is usually faster!
- Secondary: (604) 541-9827 (British Columbia, Canada) Home #-Pacific Time Zone- emergencies only please!
Comfy lanai bistro set to enjoy morning coffee, romantic dinner or watch whales!
Living/dining room/kitchen with spectacular view, queen sofa bed and large TV
Queen size sofa bed in living room
Teac AM/FM/CD/IPOD player c/w sub woofer
Hallway leading from front door to main living area
Bedroom c/w king bed, dresser, ceiling fan, plantation shutters and ensuite bath
Master bedroom walk in shower with massage wand
Sunset at the Surfside
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Kihei Surfside putting green
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
Swim right out front with the local turtles!
Clean, modern kitchen with deluxe applianaces, large island and granite counters
Now that is dining with a view!
Living room with flat screen LCD TV, multi speed ceiling fan, spectacular views
Main hallway linking living room with bedroom
Hallway half bath
master bath c/w walk in shower with message showerhead, Corian countertop
Take a dip in the heated, oceanfront pool!
2 acre lawn and proximity to Keawakapu Beach. Great snorkeling on reef out front
Sunset over the pool
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Whale sighting! Pacific Whale Fndtn. uses our property 4 their annual whale coun
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 23, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Happy to talk to you, but email is usually faster!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.