VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Lakefront Mountain House with Lovely Interior and Wifi on a Private Lake.
Available 12 months a year.
Questions? Call John at 303-926-1999. We're always happy to answer questions.
Rates are simple. You can use the site to get an instant quote or use the information here: non-summer rentals are a reasonable $140 a night; summer rentals are $195 a night. There is one fee: $85 cleaning fee. There is a 3 night minimum for all rentals. No additional charges of any kind.
Discount! If you rent 7 days in the summer, we give you a $100 discount.
Your pets are w e l c o m e.
This is a family vacation home furnished with fine American, English, and French antiques.
We're on the shores of a small mountain lake in the Pike National Forest Area -- 45 minutes from Colorado Springs and 1.5 hours from Denver. This is the 'real Colorado,' not the 'tourist Colorado.'
We like to tell our friends that we're 'kind of in the middle of nowhere' but the spot is actually quite accessible -- 14 miles from stores and restaurants.
Getting to the Mountain House with a passenger car is easy. You do not need 4-wheel drive. Well-maintained roads are available all year round with the last 1.5 miles on an unpaved road.
Full kitchen, washer & drier, Direct TV, Wi-fi.
There are Fire and EMT services close.
The location is private, rural, quiet. Altitude is manageable at 7500 feet. Our neighbors are about 70% full time residents and about 30% vacation home part-timers. They all value their privacy and this quiet, exclusive location.
We're half way between Woodland Park, Colorado and Deckers, Colorado. (The official address places this house in Sedalia, Colorado which is utterly confusing -- the house is not near the city of Sedalia.)
- Hike, bike, relax - Get cozy around the gas fireplace - Chill on the stone patio with steps leading into the National Forest - We have a big hammock that you can place in sun or shade on one of the decks - Break out our croquet set and set up a course on the hillside; hilarity will occur - swing on the swing hanging from the tree (providing you are kid-sized)
The area is rich with leisure activities. You have everything you can imagine that people do in the Rocky Mountains (except for downhill skiing, which is 90 minutes away.)
- Hundreds of stores and restaurants within a one hour drive - The Garden of the Gods - Ski at Breckinridge - Gambling at the historic mining town of Cripple Creek - A Scenic (somewhat obscure) Day Trip that We Love: drive to Mount Princeton Hot Springs near Buena Vista and enjoy a late breakfast at Bongo Billy's in Buena Vista - World class fishing on the Platte River - Family-friendly fishing within 8 miles - Mountain bike trails - Cross-country skiing - Climbing - Mini-golf - Pikes Peak and the famous cog railway - Air Force Academy - Florissant Fossil Beds - Manitou Springs
The house and the 2 acre lot literally backs up to the National Forest. There is a ridiculous amount of deck space and a large gas grill.
The interior is rustically elegant and comfy. The antiques are, for the most part, from the 1800's and 1900's with some older pieces as well.
The master bedroom is large with a king bed and its own bathroom. The other bedrooms are functional and attractive. Like the rest of the house, they're lovingly but not fussingly furnished in antiques.
1 bedroom w/King, 1 bedroom w/Full, 1 bedroom w/2 twins. There is an under-sized couch in the office that can, hypothetically, sleep a child.
Kids & pets welcome.
You are advised that there are breakables in the house.
A basic Direct TV package. One small tv with HD. DVD player (no Blu-ray.) We have a phone. We have broadband internet access with Wi-Fi. Your cell phones will work only now and then in this part of the world.
*Short-term renters (like you) are prohibited from swimming, boating, or fishing on the lake next to the house* Non-negotiable. The rule is strictly enforced. There are, of course, all sorts of recreational activities in the area, including swimming, boating, and fishing.
Standard check-in time is 3:00 & standard checkout time is 11:00. We're happy to accommodate different times if you need them -- just set this up in advance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS 1. Where are you? Google maps it. Search for Westcreek, Colorado and you'll see that we are in the Pike National Forest area between Deckers and Woodland Park. For a more detailed look, search on Google maps for 14964 N Pine Lake Dr, Sedalia, CO 80135. If you zoom in and choose 'satellite' you can see the lake; we're near the north end of the lake on the eastern shore near the spillway.
2. Where is the nearest store? Woodland Park has real stores, including a supermarket.
3. Is there a security deposit? No.
4. Is there a contract? Yes.
5. Where can we fish? Manitou Lake in Manitou Lake Park (7 miles away), Cheesman Reservoir aka Cheesman Lake (15 miles away), or, for serious fly fishing, the South Platte River (multiple sites.)
6. Is this house within driving distance of the Bucksnort? Yes. 38 miles.
7. What fees or taxes are charged? There's an $85 cleaning fee for each rental.
8. Check in is when? Check out is when? Can I get an early check in or a late checkout? Our standard check-in time is 3:00 and our standard checkout time is 11:00. We're very happy to accommodate different times if you need them -- just set this up in advance.
9. Dogs ok? Cats ok? Yes!
10. What's up with the prohibition on lake access? This is an exclusive, private lake in a part of Colorado that has very few bodies of water. The lake is an important part of the aquiver serving Colorado Springs and, as such, has many rules and regulations attendant to it.
11. What's your favorite hike? If you situate yourself well in this area, you can look out over miles of wilderness -- land appearing exactly as it did 500 years ago. We strongly recommend tramping around the lake. You'll see a variety of wildlife, including an abundance of local and migratory birds.
12. Where is the nearest hospital? Before you arrive we'll send you a handout that includes all sorts of emergency info. The nearest hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital and Surgery Center, just S of Woodland Park CO. 16420 West Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-9999.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.