Spectacular View Closest to the Ocean Available May 13-19 & June 22-30!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kihei Surfside condo description
This unit is a fifth floor, generously appointed one bedroom, 1.5 bath condominium at the Kihei (Key-Hay) Surfside Resort, Maui, has a 180 degree absolute direct oceanfront view and the islands of Lanai, Kaho'olawe and Molokini are clearly visible nearby.
This is among the closest 1 BR units to the ocean in all of Kihei/Wailea. The unit is literally right at the ocean! It is arguably the best located unit at the Surfside.
The unit has a full kitchen including dishwasher and ice maker, flat creen LCD TV, DVD player, telephone, hi-speed internet and a private lanai. The living room has a queen size sofa bed. This unit is owned by the same owner for over 20 years, was full remodlled at that time, and has been updated recently with new carpet, upholstery, paint, counters, TV and window treatments.
The bedroom has a king bed with ensuite bath. The unit is fully equipped with utensils, linens and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and beach gear that includes chairs, towels and snorkel gear. The unit is equipped with multi-speed ceiling fans in both the living room and bedroom. Laundry facilities are available on site.
The property itself features an extensive and immaculately kept lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbecue facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui, where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea.
It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. This is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers!
Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort. The Grand Wailea Hotel, The Shops at Wailea and Wailea/Makena Golf Courses are close by and Kahalui airport is just twenty-five minutes away.
Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There is free parking on site. Just a few minutes from the airport are Costco, Wal-Mart and Sears. A short drive from the resort is Safeway, Foodland and Star Market, where you can stock up on groceries. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery store for last minute items, and a yoga studio.
The world class golf facilities of Wailea and Makena are nearby. Windsurfing, and many other water activities are also available nearby. Some of the best snorkeling on Maui is steps from the property. The Pacific Foundation conducts their annual whale count from the Surfside property. The Kihei boat ramp, from where the pleasure boats and sightseeing/snorkeling tours depart, is a five minute walk.
Kihei town itself is only a few minutes away by car and boasts many fine restaurants, video and gift shops. Historical Lahaina and beautiful Kaanapali beach are a scenic 25 minute drive towards the western part of Maui.
This unit is perfect for guests looking for a spectacular oceanfront location which is priced lower due to an older remodel.
- Vacation Rental
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Free Long Distance
- Wireless Internet
- Broadband Access
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Haleakala National Park is home to Maui's highest peak. Rising 10,023 feet above sea level, Haleakala's graceful slopes can be seen from the south side of the building. Haleakala means 'house of the sun' in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the demigod Maui lassoed the sun from its journey across the sky as he stood on the volcano’s summit, slowing its descent to make the day last even longer....moreless
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fell in love with Kihei!
Fell in love with Kihei!
My husband and I stayed in this unit 502, which has a most excellent view! Larry was very helpful in answering my questions prior to booking. The unit is older but nicely decorated and totally suited our needs. Kewakapu beach is the best beach in south Maui without a doubt. We loved the restaurants and bars in kihei. Look forward to our return to Maui next year.
- Guest Tam (Arizona)
- Date of stay 11/07/12
- Review Submitted 11/18/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
KS 502 (Deluxe) 2-6 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jul 1 - Sept 30 $135-$185 $125-$175 $125-$165 $125-$155 $115-$145 Oct 1 - Dec 18 $155-$205 $145-$195 $135-$185 $125-$175 $125-$165 Dec 19 - Mar 31 $195-$245 $185-$235 $175-$225 $165-$215 $165-$225 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $155-$205 $145-$195 $135-$185 $125-$175 $125-$165 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax # W45207351-01) and $25 reservation fee. $85 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don't see your dates available, send me an email and I'll see what I can do-Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kahului (OGG) at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Keawakapu (voted Maui's most romantic beach!) at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Five Palms (Best happy hour on Maui) at 40 Metres
- Nearest Restaurant: Five Palms (Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) at 40 Metres
Year Purchased: 1984
Why Kihei Surfside:
We are convinced this property offers the best value and location for oceanfront accommodation in the south Kihei/Wailea area. All of the units are direct oceanfront, and the property has the most amazing oceanfront lawn area spanning over 2 acres, which is unique to our property. The best part about the Surfside are the friendly, happy people, and the great accommodating staff!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The property is located right at the north end of world famous Keawakapu Beach. It is one of the finest white sand beaches anywhere. It stretches for miles past some of the most expensive homes and hotels in all of Maui. Great for walking or running. There is a reef right at our property that has the most amazing snorkeling we have seen anywhere. Unlike most other oceanfront properties in Kihei, the Surfside is perched right on the sea shore, set back several hundred feet from S. Kihei Road, so you hear the ocean, not the road noise. The complex has two high end stainless steel barbeques and picnic tables right at the ocean. Almost every night, we use the barbeque and eat our dinner at the oceanfront lit by tiki torches.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 Happy to talk to you, but email is much faster!
- Secondary: (604) 541-9827 (British Columbia, Canada) Home #-Pacific Time - emergencies only please!
Actual View from the lanai - Closest 1 BRM to ocean in Kihei/Wailea!
Watch the ocean activity and wildlfe right from you private lanai
Oceanfront dining area and lanai
Living Room has queen sized sofa bed, multi speed ceiling fan and LCD TV
Living room has two comfy chairs with ottoman
Sunset at the Surfside
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Kihei Surfside putting green
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
Swim right out front with the local turtles!
So close to the ocean!
Kitchen with sxs fidge with ice/water, flat top stove, microwave & disposer
Oceanfront lanai - the sound of the ocean is clearly audible
Queen sized sofa bed
Desk with free hi speed internet wi-fi and long distance calls to US & Canada!
master bedroom c/w ensuite bath and multi speed ceiling fan
Take a dip in the heated, oceanfront pool!
2 acre lawn and proximity to Keawakapu Beach. Great snorkeling on reef out front
Sunset over the pool
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Whale sighting! Pacific Whale Fndtn. uses our property 4 their annual whale coun
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Monday, March 10, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Happy to talk to you, but email is much faster!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.