Charming Garden House with Spectacular River Views Near Lismore Castle
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lismore estate description
Within walking distance of the famous Lismore Castle and the local golf club is this charming historic house, The Grey House at Ballyin Gardens. Open the door and enter through the courtyard to the main entrance of the house which overlooks the Blackwater River and the six acres of mature gardens, a delight for any garden enthusiast. Graciously appointed rooms with antique and contemporary furnishings are comfortable and luxurious, featuring the added convenience of both satellite television and WiFi internet access. Stroll down the enchanting garden paths; have a picnic by the rivers edge; fish in one of Ireland's premier salmon rivers; explore Lismore, a unique Irish Heritage Town, and the many historic houses and gardens in the Blackwater Valley. Shopping, dining and golf are within easy access; beaches are a short drive away. Owner managed and professionally maintained.
Activities: The Blackwater River is one of Ireland's premier salmon fishing rivers. Lismore is a Heritage Town that has received many awards for its scenic beauty; here you will also find wonderful pubs, antique shops, cafes and grocery stores. Many historic sites such as Lismore Castle, St. Carthage's Cathedral , The Towers and Lady Louisa's Walk are just down the road from the Grey House. Award-winning restaurants and pubs in Dungarven, Youghal and Cork,as well as the beautiful rustic beaches of Armore, Whiting Bay and Goat Island, are all just a short drive from Lismore. Golf is available just a two minute walk from the house at the Lismore Golf Club or at 10 or so other golf courses in the area.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- The sofa bed in the main sitting room (the living room) is new and of the highest quality. It features a queen size Tempurpedic mattress and is extremely comfortable. Linens are cotton and fine quality. Fresh flowers are always available in the rose garden and fresh vegetables from the garden can also be made available upon request....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The Master bathroom is en suite with a stall shower; the other bathroom upstairs has a large soaking tub and is shared by the two upper guest bedrooms; the third full size bathroom is off the living room which has a queen size sofa bed, so it makes a lovely guest room too. The powder room is off the dining area....moreless
- The main Living Room, which overlooks the river, has an electric stove. The Den has an open fireplace. The 6 acres of formal gardens contain native and exotic species, perennial flowerbeds, roses and many ancient species of trees and shrubs - rhododendrons, azaleas, camellias, etc. This is a gardener's dream location, so members of garden clubs are especially welcome for whom tours of other historic houses and gardens in the Lismore area can be arranged....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- CD Player
- Books For Adults
- Autumn Foliage
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
local services and businesses
- Medical Services
sports and adventure activities
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Dining Area
- Child's Highchair
- Towels Provided
- Sofa Bed
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Mobile Phone
- Tiled Stove
- Hair Dryer
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Toilet Paper
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
- Parking Off Street
- Housekeeper Optional
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Walkway To Water
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Lawn / Garden
ReviewsWrite a review
Any garden enthusiast or anyone with a poetic soul will love the Grey House. It has everything anyone could ever want to be comfortable and more. The setting is so inspirint and the location is quite central to explore southern Ireland, with its hidden architectural and botanical wonders.
- Guest epoch 1700 (NY)
- Date of stay 01/28/09
- Review Submitted 03/04/09
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Guests are asked to remove all garbage to bins; to put laundry in laundry room & to clean-up dishes.A $500 refundable security deposit is extra.A $50 per week utilities allowance is included in the rent. Wi-fi is included.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Cork Airport at 50 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Rosslare at 100 Miles
- Nearest Train: Cork or Waterford at 50 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Armore at 20 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Foley's at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lismore Gold Club at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: O'Brien's Chop House at 1 Miles
- Primary: 353 5854608 8AM-4PM EST USA
- Fax: 353 5853070
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Upper Garden view over the Blackwater River
The Main Living Room with views of the River
Part of the Dining Area with view into Hall & Den
View from the Upper Garden
The Gold Bedroom with double bed and CHARM
The Gardens and side view of the Grey House
The Grey House at Ballyin Gardens
The River Bedroom with king bed & lovely views
The Upper Garden Path leading to the Lady's Walk
The Pink Guest Bedroom with king bed & antiques
Master Bathroom with Stall Shower
Upper Guest Bathroom with Soaking Tub
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.