Lakeside Cottage - Sebago Lake Region / Panther Pond ME
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Raymond house description
Lakeside cottage on Panther Pond in Raymond, ME, a 1,500 acre lake in the Lakes Region of Southern Maine. Raymond is conveniently located to Portland, ME (a 35 minute drive) and Boston, MA (2 hours, 30 minutes). Cottage is located a mile off the main road and has a private tennis court for our guests (recently resurfaced).
Lovely year round home, nicely appointed and recently completely updated. New kitchen cabinets, granite counter tops, island and updated appliances installed in 2012. Furnishings are newer family mix. The view across the lake (approximately 1 mile) is westerly with fabulous sunset views from the dock.
From the cottage deck, the lake is 75' down a natural and slightly sloping walk. Walk five steps down to the dock with is large, sturdy, platform for swimming, sunbathing and boating. There is a metal ladder on the end of the dock - approx. 4' on entry with sandy bottom. Boat launching facilities are located on Mill St. (South end of lake).
General Information/Special Features:
- Beds: Master Bedroom (1 Queen Size), Bedroom #2 (2 Twin Size), Sleeping Loft (2 Twin Sized) Other Sleeping: Queen sized sofa bed in Living Room and L.L. Bean Twin sized foldout in basement.
- Bathroom(s) Main Floor: 1 Full Sized; Downstairs/Basement: 1 Full Sized
- Owner-owned private tennis court located on property
Other Information: Lakefront water levels are usually higher early in the summer. No smoking allowed anywhere on this property. The foldouts in the basement are foam cushioned from L.L. Bean. Two kayaks are available for summer rentals.
Lower level includes office work space with high speed wireless internet - for those who have to stay in touch with the office while on vacation.
Very private, quiet. Occasional seaplane landing nearby during summer months (approx 1 per week).
- Good Life Market in Raymond ( high-end food market, wine, takeout) - 6 minutes
- Mosquito's Ice Cream (a favorite) - 7 minutes
- To N. Windham (groceries, restaurants, movies, etc.) 15 minutes
- Naples Lobster Pound (casual seating, a favorite of adults and children alike) - 15 minutes
- To Naples (restaurants, Long Lake Causeway, summer attractions) - 15 minutes
The loons are flourishing on Panther Pond!
Keywords: Lakeside Cottage
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 6-9
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- Video Game Console:
- CD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- The “Home of the Landlocked Salmon”, Raymond has seven lakes and ponds within its boundaries. The town offers a uniquely peaceful and healthy living environment with close proximity to Portland and other major population centers. Raymond is an all-season recreational center close to the Western Maine and New Hampshire mountain regions. The lakes and easy access to the mountains create an ideal environment for outdoor enjoyment....moreless
Summer Rental Season - June through Labor Day Low ........ $1900/week (thru June 30 and after Labor Day) Peak ....... $2625/week (July - Labor Day) Weekly...... $2625/week (July - Labor Day) 2-3 Weeks .. $2325/week (July - Labor Day) 4+ Weeks ... $2225/week (July - Labor Day)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Portland, ME at 28 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Shawnee Peak at 27 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Point Sebago Golf Resort (Public) at 12 Miles
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: We love spending time at our cottage in Maine, having spent childhood summers nearby. Our children (now in college) look forward to spending summer days at the lake and it is a very special place for our active family. Our favorite activities are playing tennis, swimming, sailing, and watching the gorgeous sunsets.
Why the Owner Chose Raymond:
We were very familiar with the local area before we purchased our cottage since our children attended local area camps on Crescent Lake and Sebago Lake.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
- Panther Pond is a very clear lake, has less boating activity compared to other lakes in the region. - Since the cottage is located approximately one mile away from the main road, it is very private and quiet. - Our owner-owned, private, tennis court has a hard surface court and is in great shape. - Great Portland-area restaurants are a short drive away. - Movie theaters, grocery stores, and other shopping needs are located nearby. - The cottage is very comfortable for a family or for several couples looking to get away to the lake! - Fall foliage is also beautiful. - The loons will serenade you during the evenings!
- Primary: (513) 235-6348 (Ohio, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lakeside view of cottage
Dock - deep enough for swimming, diving, boat docking
Outdoor deck overlooking lake
Comfortable main seating area
Master Bedroom - queen size bed
Cottage Loft - 2 Twin Beds, several large beanbag chairs, HD TV with cable
Lower level seating area
Panther Pond in the Fall
Looking across lake - one mile wide
Owner-owned, private tennis court
Newly remodeled kitchen with granite counter tops - summer 2012
New kitchen appliances
Dining table - seats eight people with lakeside view
Bedroom #2 - with two twin beds
Lower level office & seating area - with wireless internet & lake view
Lower level seating area
Early morning view of lake from the dock
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, May 31, 2013