Monterey Bay Luxury Beach Condo
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Watsonville condo description
This completely remodeled Monterey Bay Shorebirds vacation condo overlooks Sunset State Park & Beach. This unit is set pleasantly amongst the Dunes and Lagoons. With decks off of the dinning room and living room and miles of beach just steps away. Our beach condo is located ideally between Carmel and Santa Cruz. This condo is perfect for bird watching in the lagoons or watching the Dolphins play in the Pacific Ocean/Monterey bay, hiking in the bluffs or just relaxing and enjoying the California Coast with or with out the kids. You will love the fully equipped brand new Kitchen and Baths. This condo is fully furnished. The unit is stocked with 10 sets of towels, 3 sets of sheets, trash bags, toilet paper, soap, paper towels; all you need is to bring your tooth brush. Also there is 24 hour gated security and 3 miles of sandy beaches on the shores of Monterey Bay.
Things to do at Pajaro Dunes: This Beach Condo is located in the beautiful gated community of Pajaro Dunes. You will find biking and hiking trails as well as walking and rollerblading paths. You will also find basketball and tennis courts thru out the property. Pajaro Dunes has a couple of large ponds, small lakes where it is always fun to watch the wildlife and feed the birds. The beach at Pajaro Dunes is wonderful for those sunrise or sunset walks with plenty of seashell collecting opportunities. In the ocean you will see Dolphins, Sea Lions and an occasional Sea Otter. Certain times of year you will find several Surf Fisherman out there trying to land that large Striped Bass. The beach is wonderful if the only thing that you want to do is sit in a chair and read your favorite book listening to the waves braking just steps from where you are sitting. A great way to round out your day is with a beach fire, hearing the waves with the fire crackling in the back ground gazing up and seeing millions of stars above you
Things to do around Monterey Bay: For the curious – we encourage you to visit The Monterey Bay Aquarium, the Mission at Carmel or the Mission at San Juan Bautista, Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey, or downtown Carmel.
For the connoisseurs – you'll want to schedule time for wine tasting at the many wonderful wineries found along the Monterey Coast (including Bonny Doon Vineyard, Soquel Vineyards, and Estancia), or satisfy your taste buds for fresh seafood and locally-grown vegetables at any one of a myriad of nearby restaurants and produce markets.
For the shoppers – there are literally hundreds of charming boutiques and stores throughout Santa Cruz, Capitola, Monterey, and Carmel.
For the sports enthusiasts – there is tennis, biking, and beach volleyball right here at Pajaro Dunes, plus some of Northern California's premier golf courses are an easy drive away.
For the contented – stretch yourself out on the warm beaches of Pajaro Dunes, enjoy the cool ocean breezes, and make sure you take in one of our serene suns
Golf Golf Golf: Aptos Seascape Golf Course
610 Clubhouse Drive, Aptos
Phone: (831) 688-3213
18-hole, 5,813-yard par 71 golf course open year-round. Semi-Private. Driving range, restaurant, full bar.
Boulder Creek Golf & Country Club
16901 Big Basin Way, Boulder Creek
Phone: (831) 338-2121
18-hole, 4,396-yard par 65 golf course open year-round. Resort, open to public. Restaurant, full bar.
Bayonet/Black Horse Golf Courses
One McClure Way, Seaside
Phone: (831) 899-2351
Bayonet — 18-hole, 6,496-yard par 72, Blackhorse — 18-hole, 6,175-yard par 72. Golf courses open year-round to the general public. Driving range, grill, full bar.
De Laveaga Golf Course
401 Upper Park Road, Santa Cruz
Phone: (831) 423-7212
18-hole, 6,010-yard par 72 golf course open year-round to the general public. Driving range, restaurant, full bar.
Del Monte Golf Course
1300 Sylvan Road, Monterey
Phone: (831) 373-2700
18-hole, 6,069-yard par 72 golf course open year-round. Resort, open to public. Grill,
- 1500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Clothing Optional/Nude Sunbathing Nearby
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Wood Fireplace
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Parking Off Street
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
Location & View
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Deepsea Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Recreation Center
- Autumn Foliage
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
- Paddle Boating
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Nestled along the Monterey Bay lies one of the most scenic stretches of California's northern coastline. Here you'll find our secluded community of Pajaro Dunes, — architected to blend harmoniously with the gently rolling, natural oceanside landscape. Whether you're looking for a perfect family getaway or romantic weekend come stay with us. Experience Pajaro Dunes as it was meant to be experienced. The magnificent Monterey Peninsula has been called the greatest meeting of land, sea and sky and is recognized as an ideal vacation and business destination. While it is a given that the natural beauty of the area draws the visitor and endless activities including golf, biking, sailing, wine tasting and dining in restaurants that keep one coming back. This beautiful seaside community combines all the charm of small town America with an endless variety of recreational and cultural activities. Monterey bay's rich history, the saga of California's Mission Trail, historic Fisherman's Wharf Other Activities: Sea Shelling, Bird Watching, Amusement Park, Surfing, Fishing, Bon Fires, Kite Flying, Sand Castle Making. Cannery Row, 20 world-class golf courses, the world's best aquarium a unique variety of shops and galleries and a spectacular assortment of parks and natural areas combine to provide a truly unrivaled place for your next getaway. Pajaro Dunes @ Shorebirds #285 brings the peninsula to you! Golf: Del Monte Golf Course, Del Monte Course 18 holes over 6,357 yards with a par of 72 (Public) 1300 Sylvan Rd Monterey, CA 93940-4944 (800) 654-9300 2 miles from the center of Monterey. Monterey Pines Golf Course, Monterey Pines Course 18 holes over 5,554 yards with a par of 69 (Public) Fairground & Gardens Road Monterey, CA 93940 (831) 656-2167 2 miles from the center of Monterey. Laguna Seca Golf Ranch, Laguna Seca Course 18 holes over 6,157 yards with a par of 71 (Public) 10520 York Rd Monterey, CA 93940-6538 (888) 524-8629 2 miles from the center of Monterey. Pasadera Golf & Country Club, Pasadera Course 18 holes over 6,801 yards with a par of 71 (Private Non-Equity) 100 Pasadera Dr Monterey, CA 93940-7637 (831) 647-2400 4 miles from the center of Monterey. Tehama Golf Club, Tehama Course 18 holes over 6,506 yards with a par of 72 (Private Non-Equity) 25000 Via Malpaso Carmel, CA 93923-9651 (831) 622-2200 1 mile from the center of Monterey. Bayonet/Black Horse Golf Course, Bayonet Course Awards 18 holes over 7,094 yards with a par of 72 (Municipal) 1 McClure Way Seaside, CA 93955-7100 (831) 899-7271 4 miles from the center of Monterey. Bayonet/Black Horse Golf Course, Black Horse Course Awards 18 holes over 7,168 yards with a par of 72 (Municipal) 1 McClure Way Seaside, CA 93955-7100 (831) 899-7271 4 miles from the center of Monterey. Bayonet/Black Horse Golf Course, Bayonet Back Ski: welcome to ski lake tahoe not a lake, the lake with 7 world-class ski resorts. Not majestic mountains, mountains with jaw-dropping cliffs, serene glades and spectacular views of the lake. Not snow, 400 inches of snow a year that pile up into epic powder, tight corduroy groomers, raucous terrain parks and endless moguls. Not a place, the place. The place to ski and ride. Ride and ski. On blue bird days, in storms that hide your tracks run after run. Some people pine for warm sand and fruity drinks; Tahoe is the shredders paradise. Bring the kids. Teach them to ski in a place that will spark their passion for the snow. Thrill them with tubing, sledding and unbelievable views from mountain top trams and lodges. Recharge at night with happening casino entertainment, swank, cozy or rustic taverns and restaurants, dancing, music, local hangouts and events. Seven resorts, unlimited possibilities. The place will become part of you like it’s become part of us....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fantastic in every way
Fantastic in every way
The price was fantastic, the view was fantastic, the accessibility was fantastic, the condo was fantastic, but most of all the owners are fantastic to work with. We will rent this property every time we take a Pajaro Dunes Vacation.
- Guest Anne (Raleigh, NC)
- Date of stay 05/20/11
- Review Submitted 05/24/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you, thank you , thank you. We appreciate your business most of all we are grateful of your kind words.
First time renters
First time renters
Never having rented a home before, we were pleased to have the owner help us through the process. He was kind and great to work with. We found the location perfect for exploring Santa Cruz and Monterey with a nice home to return to at night. There is no view of the water, but the dunes are very pleasant to look at and having the unit at the far north end of the property made it very quiet and secluded. We would love to rent this house for a longer period next time to fully enjoy the surrounding area. We did find a GREAT produce market just a bit south on Hwy 1 by the restaurant called "The Whole Enchilada". The market had dried and fresh fruits, nuts, wonderful artichokes, and other items. Our son's family purchased items again on their way home as well. Lovely get away and we recommend this home to everyone.
- Guest don t.
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/27/13
Your beach home was our home for a week. We came from California & Colorado and enjoyed picking our own strawberries, the train in the redwoods, and the Monterey Bay Aquarium. All were special. But you can't beat days on the beach, reading, playing in the water, and creating sand castles with your grandchildren. We celebrated with s'mores and a camp fire in the sand. You reassured us we would have everything we needed and you were right. Thank you. We will return one day!!!
- Guest Pen Pals (Citrus Heights, CA)
- Date of stay 06/24/13
- Review Submitted 07/10/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+.
Owner response: Hey Geri, Thank you for your kind words! Always a pleasure hearing how much fun and how many memories made at Pajaro Dunes on Monterey Bay. It was a pleasure doing business for you. Mark
Parjaro dunes condo
Parjaro dunes condo
This condo was great! It was everything tha original listing said. Well stocked with everything you would need. Very comfortable and right on the sand! Wonderful....
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 04/12/13
- Review Submitted 04/17/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you Kandas!! We appreciate your Business.
Perfect 'Beach Getaway' Retreat
Perfect 'Beach Getaway' Retreat
I've stayed at this Pajaro Dunes condo three times now, and it continues to be my favorite beach getaway spot. I love how private the beach is - I can count on parking myself in the sand with a good book and soak in the sun and surf with no noise and no distractions. Uber relaxing! The condo itself is right on the beach, and just a short 30-second walk to the pedestrian access point. It has an open floorplan and has been very well maintained. There are also little details that made for a great experience - I'm a big fan of the heat lamps in the bathrooms. Also, all linens and kitchen items (literally everything you'd need) are already there, which is great. The complex has tennis courts, so bring your raquets. There is a little general store on the grounds for any last-minute food/drink/supplies needs. Overall, I highly recommend this rental - it's a gem.
- Guest Loren H.
- Date of stay 02/04/12
- Review Submitted 07/15/12
The condo was different then described. It was more than just a walk to the beach. You had to go out the front door, across the boardwalk, through 2 doors, up stairs, down stairs to get to the beach. Which is alot when you have 5 kids, cooler, wood, smores stuff, toys, towels, chairs. It was alot of work. I liked that the condo had towels, dishes, etc. The dishwasher was a plus and the washer/dryer. Also we all took showers when returning from the beach and the hot water never ran out. The master shower was a huge step up to use so if you have any trouble getting up or down the shower wont work for us. I had a hard time getting out of shower soaking wet with that big of a step. The condo appreared clean to the eye & the dryer was full of towels we had to fold. But our kids socks were black by the end of the night. I wish there was like a swifter mop to clean the floors with. Also the gas grill was not in working order and we bought steak for 2 nights! The office was closed so we had to go buy a small grill to use. They was a major bummer. And the sliding glass doors were very very very hard to open and in the master the screen would fall everytime you opened it. Overall the condo was nice and spacious. The security entrance was nice. No view of the ocean from the condo though. The office closes so that was an inconvience. Would we stay again...Im not sure. The main issue we had was the beach being so far away. Pry would not stay again. Alot of money and didnt get what we expected.
- Guest Michelle H.
- Date of stay 06/27/12
- Review Submitted 07/09/12
Pajaro Dunes S285 Shorebirds
Pajaro Dunes S285 Shorebirds
The accomodations were very good. Roomy and comfortable. Plenty of dishes, glassware, cooking utensils and linen, towels and blankets. The only regret is the view of the lagoon wasn't very good. Otherwise well recommend this unit.
- Guest Anita (Illinois)
- Date of stay 03/11/12
- Review Submitted 03/23/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Great place, great time!
Great place, great time!
This condo exceeded our expectations, everything was provided as advertised, minute walk to beautiful beach. Thank you for letting us stay there.
- Guest Yarek (Westchester, Il)
- Date of stay 07/08/11
- Review Submitted 07/19/11
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Greatest Beach Vacation Ever
Greatest Beach Vacation Ever
We rented this beach house for our daughter's 16th birthday and it was absolutely wonderful...! She just enjoyed the fact that she could spend time at the beach with family and friends.The house was very cozy and welcoming. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there, again, as well as recommend it to our friends! Thanks, so much, for helping to make our daughter's "sweet 16" all that she wanted.
- Guest S&N (Reno)
- Date of stay 05/05/11
- Review Submitted 05/12/11
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, people with disabilities, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, tourists without a car, age 55+, pet owners.
Owner response: We are so happy that you had a special stay in Pajaro Dunes. We greatly greatly appreciate the business. Thank you for the very kind words. We look forward to hosting you and your friends soon.
It was great. It was nice and quite and the beach was so nice the sand was soft sand. It was a great place to go and just relax with the family. We will definately go back again..... Thank you to the owners for their great place. Shawna
- Guest Shawna (Hilmar, California)
- Date of stay 07/26/10
- Review Submitted 08/03/10
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+.
May 01-Jun 12 .. $350/night* .. $870/weekend .. $1599/week .. $5500/month Jun 13-Sep 08 ................................. $2400/week (1 week min) Sep 09-Jun 10 .. $350/night* .. $699/weekend .. $1870/week .. $5500/month *2 Night Minimum Rates for Holiday periods are the same as Summer Rates. 10% Tax, $125 Cleaning Fee
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Jose, San Fransico, Monterey,Oakland at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: San Francisco at 50 Miles
- Nearest Train: Watsonville at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hyw 1 @ Riverside Exit at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Private Beach @ Pajaro Dunes, Sunset State Beach at Watsonville
- Nearest Barpub: Seascape Resort at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 250 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Seascape at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: Hello, Thank you for looking at our listing. We are the proud owners of Shorebirds #285 for the past 15 years. We were all born and Raised in the Almaden Valley which is in South San Jose. We chose Pajaro Dunes for our Monterey Beach Condo for its spectacular beauty and closeness to our primary residence. We can be at either location within a 50 minute drive. This has been a special place for our family and the memories and pictures we will forever cherish.....
Why the Owner Chose Watsonville:
We Chose to buy our Vacation Rental in this location because of its scenic beauty and location. Pajaro Dunes is a Gated Beach Community located near all of the towns that we enjoy to visit when we are not hanging out at our beach. We are close to Carmel, Carmel Valley, Pacific Grove,Santa Cruz, Big Sur, Monterey, Half Moon Bay, Pacifica, San Francisco. The Sunsets are spectacular always setting on Monterey Bay.
- Primary: (408) 857-8415 (California, USA)
- Secondary: 408-857-8415
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2008.
Date last modified - Sunday, June 23, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.