Lovely Views, Big Home, Relaxing 'Country' Quiet Yet City Close, Dogs Ok
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
It's a surprise at the end of a long driveway twisting and turning through old growth juniper trees, and up the hill! Concealed from view with nine acres of privacy, our home welcomes you as you start your vacation! Walk thru the front gate and up to the porch...come on inside! You will find four bedrooms (one downstairs and three up), an expansive kitchen, centrally located eating area, inviting great room, two bathrooms and a few other rooms just to hang out. Our location is central to Bend, Sisters, and Redmond; a great starting place for your central Oregon adventure. Families with Kids will love the amount of space, Couples or groups traveling together will enjoy the privacy of 3 large bedrooms. Golfers, fishermen, boaters: there is a TON of room in the Barn to stash your gear & cars! Speaking of the Barn, that's where you will find foosball, ping pong, BB Hoop & Card/Game Table. The Well-Equipped Kitchen with it's fantastic View + Counter Space will inspire! The BBQ is just outside on the deck. Enjoy your Morning Coffee out on the deck with the Sun Streaming over the Valley. The dining area seats 6 + 2 counter seats. Booster seat + high chair incl.; there's also a stroller to use. We provide an organic garden in the summertime and at night Mother Nature fills the dark sky with millions of stars! Don't forget to checkout the lookout deck! Great place at night to look for shooting stars-in the afternoon it's fun to sit and watch the goings on in the valley below.
Things to do: Summertime Fun in and around Bend!: The Fall Season in the high desert is all about the outdoors during the day and cozy evenings at home by the fire. The Downtown area of Bend has a summertime Farmer's Market that is there every Wednesday in Mirror Pond Park. The Old Mill District is where you will find many shops and restaurants. Close by is the Les Schwab Amphitheater which sponsors free concerts in June, July and August; along with paid concerts. Check Bend Concerts for the entertainment schedule. You can always take a chair lift up Mt. Bachelor to catch a spectacular sunset, eats, drinks.
Interested in cycling? Bend is the site for many cycling competitions during the summer. There are many areas in and around Bend to go cycling, too.
Things to do: Like to Play Golf?: Central Oregon is a golfer's paradise! Some have called the region the 'Palm Springs of the North'. In the fall, golfing is unhurried and much less crowded. You can go 15-30 minutes north or south of our house and find several wonderful and challenging golf courses.
Fishing + Hiking: Central Oregon is like heaven for fishing enthusiasts! There are so many places to explore! We can email you info, relevant websites, etc. Honestly, a wonderful getaway for the fisherman!
Hiking is Central Oregon's middle name in the summer time! There are so many unspoiled and uncrowded spots, really close to our home. Marvel at the beauty of Smith Rock, check out the back country of the Three Sister's Wilderness area...tons of places to go!
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 2600 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 9-10
- We have 3 master bedrooms in our home. Downstairs is the largest w/ a QN bed, an intimate sitting area with french doors leading to the outdoor gardens, and an adjacent home office. Upstairs, we have just installed a new romantic 4-Poster Lovely QN bed, dressed with coordinating high quality linens. This bedroom is welcoming, with nice natural light, a very comfortable bed, and your own TV and satellite receiver. The other master has an Ethan Allen QN sized sleigh bed, which is also VERY comfortable. We have also included a companion twin bed, so families with a small child can easily stay together. In this room there are air mattresses in the closet for 'overflow' or sleep-over fun, a new pack n' go for a very young child, and all the appropriate linens to go along with these extras. Don't forget to check out the toys in the chest in the corner - and lots of good books to read, too! Our 4th bedroom, the 'Day' room has a day bed with a pull out trundle that pops up....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Downstairs bathroom is a full bath with a shower; it shares the space with the laundry/mud room. This bathroom is furnished with all brand new towels and area carpets. There is a wall mounted space heater to take the chill off in the morning. There is a door to the outside from this room, so it's handy to go through the mud room if you are all muddy! Upstairs bathroom is named the 'Princess Bathroom'. Newly painted, new wall sconces on a dimmer switch to save electricity. Beautiful marble flooring that is repeated on the countertops. The decorator window shade is a top down/bottom up, and the material coordinates with the shower curtain. We have furnished all brand new towels and area carpets for this room, too! There is a built in wall heater to take the chill off in the mornings. With two separate bathrooms, your bedroom privacy will never be disturbed....moreless
- The 'garage' is really a barn. It will accommodate at least four vehicles, or a boat with a trailer or an RV! We have created a play area inside the barn with a ping pong table, foosball table, a table for playing board games or cards, and a mini refrigerator. We also have a Big-Game freezer, in case you go hunting and come back with a trophy! Outdoors on the concrete driveway is the basketball hoop. There is also a croquet set you can put on the front lawn area. The mud room/laundry has a large storage closet where you will find the iron and ironing board, the broom, extra bath towels, beach towels, take along cooler. The full-sized new washer/dryer are there, complete with laundry soap and dryer sheets. Check this out!: During the summer we always plan to have some home-grown fresh vegetables (and flowers) growing out in the garden, so help yourself!...moreless
- Books For Kids
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
Communication / Internet
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 8 people
- Activities Guide
- Alarm Clock
- Basic Soaps
- Broadband Access:
- Ceiling Fans
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wireless Internet:
- Wood Stove:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
I love cooking in this kitchen! Lots of counter space, great views, many amenities incl. coffeemaker, bean grinder, bread maker, hand mixer, waffle iron, toaster oven, etc. Counter seats for 2....moreless
- Pantry Items:
Comes equipped with an ice maker! Larger refrigerator with glass shelves, various vegetable/meat/lunchmeat drawers. We keep a variety of condiments in there. Please replace what you use up!...moreless
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Deck / Patio:
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Porch / Veranda
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Wood Deck
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 21 - Nov 29, 2015
2 night min stay
Nov 30 - Dec 18, 2015
2 night min stay
Christmas 2015 and New Years
Dec 19 - Jan 4, 2016
2 night min stay
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50 + tax
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Reservation/Security Dep $500
- Tax Rate 9%
Pets are welcome! There is a $50 non-refundable fee per pet.
We will consider longer term renters also; building a house?, Have a temporary work assignment in the area? Or maybe you just want to explore Central Oregon. Move your family (and dog!) into a fully furnished home. With everything you need, this could be the perfect solution to your housing requirements. You bring your own food/clothes.
Pay with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The Bend, Sisters, Redmond area has many recreational opportunities! Winter sports like snowboarding or skiing are available at Mt. Bachelor and Mt. Hood. There are tons of rivers in the area; whitewater rafting is guide-led on the McKenzie river. Go 15-30 minutes in most directions and find a wonderful golf course! There are many bicycle trails along the rivers and high country backpacking throughout the Three Sisters Wilderness Area. Our warm summers are filled with festivals, shows and fairs; a few to mention would be the Sisters Rodeo, Sisters Quilt Fair, Deschutes County Fair, the Crooked River Round Up Rodeo in Prineville and the 4th of July Parade in downtown Bend.
Geology buffs will love exploring lava flows and volcanic areas like Lava Butte, East Lake and Paulina Lake (rent a boat!) and the Lava River Caves. Young and old alike would enjoy a trip to the High Country Desert Museum (about 20 min south).
If you like baseball, catch the Bend Elks at their newly renovated downtown park, so fun!
Other Activities: Rodeos, Floating the River, Bicycle Racing
Ski: Winters are incredible for skiing, snowboarding, x-country, all winter sports. Mt. Bachelor ski area is about a 45 minute drive. World class skiing, snowboarding, other winter activities...The Mountain has been spectacular this year for winter activities! The bonus? You can even go in the summertime; just hop onto the lift and enjoy a drink or a bite to eat. Stunning....
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Chris and I have a big family; five kids, two grandchildren, our dog and lots of stuff. We both enjoy being outdoors and that is one of the special appeals that our vacation home has. Years before we purchased our vacation home, we would camp at the nearby Tumalo State Park with all of the kids, friends, dogs. It was fun spending time with the family and camping at the river and we became very fond of the Bend area and especially Tumalo. Now, luckily, we can call this wonderful place our second home!
Why the Owner Chose Bend:
It all started out that we just wanted to have a 'relaxation' spot. We discovered how comfortable we were with the pace of life and the friendly people here in Central Oregon. There is an endless variety of adventures that are just down the road from us in one direction or another. Our rural area is priceless and yet, we are just minutes away to all of the conveniences of Bend; like shopping, restaurants, hospitals, and entertainment. For those last minute 'oops, I forgot items', there's a little country store in the town of Tumalo that has an amazing selection of stuff! (they even sell gasoline!) Our home sits on a ridge with interesting out-croppings and great vistas. We have attempted to make the indoors and the outdoors seamless with our choice of the interior paint colors and the casual decor. There are no neighbors around and the privacy is awesome! Being surrounded by big trees, natural landscaping, and a big blue sky is totally wonderful.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love to be outdoors. One of the things we don't really have in our 'full time' house is a place for a big garden. With our vacation home, we have 10 (yep, ten!) raised beds so we can have a great garden. It's a thrill to be able to just go outside and pick some fresh tomatoes, herbs, strawberries...whatever is ripe!
- Primary: +1 9252163066
- Fax: +1 9252839727
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Big House, dusting of snow, Clean air, wonderful privacy, so peaceful.
Additional shot of the 4-poster room. Private and inviting!
Rainbows are BIG at Farview Ridge!
Large downstairs bedroom with front yard and garden views.
Dining table with counter seating. Your view is the front yard + the big trees.
Welcome! Shot of a vacationer, enjoying the front porch!
Casually organic garden always under construction- So much fun-help yourself!
Nice little shady spot with a view...for a nap or to enjoy a book...or both!
This bedroom with a queen and twin overlooks the garden.
This is the 'Day Room'. It has a day bed and a trundle (hiding). Very comfy!
Ping Pong table in the barn.
Inviting upstairs 4 poster bedroom. Dreamy!
Yep, it really is the moon!
Our 'lookout' deck at Farview Ridge. Yes, we built it around a HUGE rock!
Sitting area in downstairs bedroom. Comfy loveseat, TV, views, relaxing.
Spacious great room with 2 sofas, Big screen TV, lots of light.
Entry with front door open, welcoming porch just outside the door.
No grapes growing in the garden, so bring your own!
Outdoor seating expanded with addition of the bench. BBQ is ready!
Just part of the 9 acres at the top of our ridge. The snow is so crunchy!
Christmas 2014- We love the holidays!
Decorator Inspired Bathroom with marble floor and countertop, tub+shower.
Shot of Ping Pong table and Foosball table in the barn.
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Monday, November 23, 2015
- Property typeHouse
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within 24 hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/23/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.