VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You sent a message to this owner.
Situated idyllically near the forest our houses are found on a vast meadowland amidst large trees. From here you have a clear view of the mountains in the Bavarian Forest, Nachbartal and the town of Bischofsmais with its varied choice of leisure activities.
Whether travelling alone, as a couple, with friends or family - the cosy small houses amidst nature and our attentive service make sure that you feel completely at home.
The houses are cosy, centrally heated and fully furnished. House type A can accommodate 4 persons and in house type B there is space for 6 persons. Each house has a detailed information kit and a small library corner.
The roofing of the 18 m² big patio makes staying outdoors a pleasant experience in any weather. Comfortable deck chairs, barbecue grill and garden furniture are available for our guests. And you can have wonderful dreams on the colourful hammock.
Each of the seven houses has separate bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, shower and toilet. Our house type A (45 m²) offers space for 4 persons with 2 bedrooms and in the house type B (55 m²) there is space available for 6 persons with 3 bedrooms.
The high and wooden panelled room ceilings, the large panoramic windows in the living room and the comfortable furnishings create a pleasant atmosphere which will you’re your stay enjoyable. And not only kids get excited about the rocking chairs.
The seven houses are surrounded by a 4 acre large natural garden. 50-year old trees line up the roads and they shield the houses from each other. And a herb garden is created for our guests at a sunny spot.
The kids’ playground is located near to the forest and the large play area is ideal for football, table tennis and badminton. The premise is free of cars and the road to the garages and covered parking spaces leads you through our wildflower meadow.
The holiday idyll is located on the outskirts on top of Bischofsmais in the Bavarian Forest Nature Park. On one side a small natural forest adjoins, on the other side, a sparsely used road leads only to the neighbouring village. From the holiday complex you can view the northern side of the town and the Grosser Arber, an uninhabited neighbouring valley with a natural creek opens to the south.
The high altitude of 700 m and the surrounding forests provide a balanced climate, so that the summers are not too hot and the winters are guaranteed of snow.
Restaurants and shopping facilities in Bischofsmais are reachable in 5 minutes by walk.
Beautiful hiking trails and well-groomed slopes lead right past the holiday idyll. The ski area Geisskopf and Bikepark are 4 km away.
The Bavarian Forest National Park and the adjacent Šumava National Park on the Czech side form the wild centre in the largest contiguous forest area of Central Europe.
Sporting & active holiday
Enjoy the unique combination of sport and nature in an exciting canoe trip on the Schwarzer Regen or while going downhill in Bikepark.
• Bikepark at Geisskopf - 10 trails and courses of varying difficulty levels
• Segway Fun Park at Geisskopf - courses for Segways, electric quad bikes and electric skateboards
• Canoe tours on Schwarzer Regen
• Golf - 18-hole golf course with driving range and 3-hole practice course on Rusel at 840m altitude
• Guided mountain bike tours
• Mountain bike and e-bike, ski and snowshoe rentals on site
• Alpine skiing & snowboarding
The ski area Geisskopf is only 3 minutes away and is located at 1,100 m altitude. It is one of the top winter sport areas in the Bavarian Forest. It has 6 lifts with 8 ski runs of varying difficulty levels, snowboard fun park, and 4 ski and snowboard schools. For those who still want to enjoy the snow after dark, there are 3 floodlit trails available!
The ski area Rusel at 840 m altitude is only 5 minutes away and has 3 lifts with 3 ski runs and 1 floodlit trail.
• Cross-country skiing
The cross country ski centre in Deggendorf-Rusel-Bischofsmais has 80 km of best-groomed trails, a high ski trail and several skating tracks. It is also possible to enter in to the trail network directly from the holiday idyll.
The 2 km long natural toboggan run at Geisskopf and a toboggan hill in Bischofsmais invite you for sledding.
• Winter hiking & sleigh rides
Nature lovers will find found 22 km of hiking trails for walking in the snow. There are guided snowshoe tours offered in the town.
For those who prefer something more romantic, they can enjoy the beauty of the snowy winter forest in a tranquil sleigh ride.
• Ice stick shooting & ice skating
In the spa gardens you can participate in ice stick shooting.
Or do a few laps of disco skating in the ice rink in Regen.
Adventures for children in Bischofsmais
• Summer toboggan run at Geisskopf - 800 m long with 13 curves
• Horse-drawn carriage rides
• Pony rides
• Spa gardens - play area
• Children’s holiday program - from early July to late August
Hikes in Bischofsmais
120 km of well-marked trails run around the holiday complex in Bischofsmais. Several Nordic-Walking routes are also part of it. Guided walks, even sunrise and torchlight hikes are offered in the town.
Hikes from the holiday complex
• through various mountain forests to the old farming community situated high on Oberbreitenau, a nature reserved high moor land
• through the legendary Hölzerne Hand and Josefsbuche to the plateau of Rusel pass with weather-permitting distant view up to the Alps
• to the landmarked villages Datting and Ginn of Lallinger angle favoured by warm climate
• in to the Todtenau Nature Reserve through which a marsh nature trail leads along the cotton-grass meadows and mountain-pine trees
Walks from the holiday complex
• to the sanctuary of St. Herman from the 14th century across small bridges and through meadows and forests
• in to the spa gardens
• through the woods on top of Bischofsmais and on a quiet country lane towards Hochdorf
Trips starting from the holiday complex with stops for refreshment
• to the Landshuter house with panoramic view from the patio
Tours starting from the holiday complex with panorama
• of Geisskopf with observation tower and magic forest
• of Teufelstisch, a mountain range with legendary rock formations
• to Gesundheitsweg Rusel, a circular path around Hausstein with view points and locations to experience nature
• on the old trade route Böhmweg to Pfahl, a geologic peculiarity, with the ruins of Weissenstein Castle, from where there is a great panoramic view of the mountains of the Bavarian Forest
Nature Reserves in Bischofsmais
Within the area there are several environmentally protected high moors and one creek included in the Bavarian species and habitat protection program with rare animal and plant species.
• Oberbreitenau, Ruselmoore
Lakes & pools
Whether in the adventure park or at Feng-Shui-Weiher - a dive into the 'cool waters' is exactly the right thing to do on sunny days!
• Outdoor pool with large waterslide
• Swimming pond
• Outdoor wave pool
• Natural swimming pond in Feng-Shui spa
• Swimming lake
• Adventure pool
• Farmhouse- Bavarian Forest Museum Village
• Passau - medieval “City of Three Rivers” with the cathedral and the largest church organ in the world
• Agricultural Museum
• Forest Museum
• Abbey Library
• St. Hermann fair - always on 10th and 24th August - with a large commodity market
• Bischofsmais home festival - middle of August - with nationwide known atmospheric bands
• Geisskopf fair - always on 15th August - mountain fair with herbs, music and Schuhplattler dancing
• Pichelstein Festival - End of July - with illuminated fountains and gondola rides
• Festival at Neunussberg Castle - 2nd half of July - Open-air theatre at Burganger
• Drumherum ('All around'): The Regen folk music spectacle on 5 days during Whitsun with more than 300 folk music ensembles, refreshing, natural and highly musical
• Regen river theatre: Swing, cabaret and hit-revue, cultural programs by the riverside on warm summer evenings in August
• Woid Wejd: a 3-day local music festival with a social program organised in the National Park end of August
• Cultural forest: Classical music of international artists in the 1st half of September at venues like monasteries, forest clearing and pubs
• St. Hermann chapel - sanctuary from the 14th century in Bischofsmais
• Roman church
• New Roman church
• Assam church
Bischofsmais is just 20 km away from the junction of Deggendorf, but it is 500m higher. From the plains of Danube you drive up into the clear mountain air of the Bavarian Forest.
The nearest train station Triefenried is 8 km away. We would be glad to pick you up if you plan to travel by the forest train which runs hourly.
Eat, drink and shop
Here's another small list of other options outside of Bischofsmais. (Location and distance in brackets)
• Greisinger Hof (Greising 8 km) - scenic restaurant with a sunny patio in the hiking area
• Grauer Hase (Deggendorf 20 km) - fine Bavarian cuisine in the old town
• Schloss Egg (Egg 25 km) - Dining at the castle stable or in the castle garden with romantic backdrop
• Landgasthof Emerenz Meier (Schiefweg 60 km) - excellent food in the house of the native poet
• Hotel zur Waldbahn (Zwiesel 20 km) - regional specialties, modern light cuisine
• Landgasthof Euler (Neuschönau 35 km) - traditional and vegetarian delights at the National Park
• Strausswirtschaft Dalken - Refreshment with wine and home-made
• Mühlhamer Keller - on the pristine Danube bend with gravel banks and lowland forests
• D´Ehrn in the farmhouse-Museum Village Finsterau - historic pub
• Glass shops, glass villages, glass galleries
• Deggendorf: lively market town on the River Danube with a beautiful town square and many shops
• Organic food: milk, eggs, butter, honey fresh from Bischofsmais farmers and beekeepers, organic farm, organic food stores
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 27 - Jan 31, 2016
1 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add €35 per night, per additional guest
My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Early Check-Inn pro Haus: Preis: 35.00 Euro
Early Check-Out pro Haus: Preis: 35.00 Euro
Verfügbar erst ab einem Mindestaufenthalt von 2 Nächten. Bei Buchung von nur einer Nacht wird ein Aufpreis von 35 Euro pro Person erhoben.
Zahlung mit Kreditkarte möglich; Zahlung vor Ort
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Adventurous places not only for children
• Forest play area in the National Park: numerous play areas and 2 km nature trail
• Walk up to the summit in the National Park with the largest treetop trail (1.3 km long)
• Cowboy town - Pullman City: time travel into the past of the Wild West with a varied show program and many attractions
• High Ropes: 6 courses of height 2-3m up to 12-15 m, for those who are 1.10m tall and above
• Danube River Pirates: travel by the ship Takatuka to an island on Danube, tracking the secrets of the Danube floodplains
• Wildlife Park in the National Park: native species in their natural habitat, 7 km circular trail
• Falconry: Raptor-show with flying demonstrations
• Further underwater world: Wild garden and underwater - observatory
• Glass factories and mines: Glass factories of Poschinger (the oldest glass factory in Germany with authentic guidance and decoration of flower vases), glass museum, glazed woods, silver mining, graphite mining, granite museum
• Castles: Ruins of Weissenstein Castle, Castle Egg, Wasserburg Švihov, Rabi castle (the oldest ruins in the Czech Republic)
• Höllbachgspreng: a hike through a wild mountainous region with rocky castles and cascades
• Rissloch Falls: the largest waterfall in the Bavarian Forest
• Wild gorge Buchberger Leite: an 8 km trail through spectacular gorge forests
• Seelensteig: a 1.3 km long boardwalk through the natural forest with introspective stops
• Kleiner Arbersee: the most beautiful glacial lake with floating islands
• Isarmündung: a nature reserve meadowlands with information centre
• River walk: in small sections, accompanied by the exuberantly flowing river Schwarzer Regen
• Grosser Pfahl: a circular route along the gleaming white quartz rocks and sparse pine and oak forests
Trips with stops for refreshment
• Schwellhäusl: The Trifterklause with a sunny beer garden and a rustic dining room is reachable from Zwieselerwaldhaus through a wooded area or along Schwellgraben
• Zottling. The nature trail 'Panoramablick' with information panels provides a link to the 'Panoramasteig' and refreshments in the Zottling mountain guest house with beautiful view from the patio.
• Bogenberg: many paths and a nature trail traverse the slopes of the mountain Bogenberg along the Danube River and lead to the sanctuary and to a holiday restaurant at the highest altitude
• Turnerova Chata at the Vydra: Vydra River with its rocky riverbed accompanies the wanderer to the Turnerova Chata which is located at the fiercest part of the river
Tours with panorama
• on the Falkenstein: through the primeval forests of Mittelsteighütte and through the shafts of Ruckowitzschachten or via Steinbachfälle and Kleiner Falkenstein
• to the mines: beautiful views on boardwalks through marshes with swamp eyes and across 5 old mountain pastures, shafts, and back on the Frauenau drinking water reservoir
• on the Grosser Arber: from the south side above Rissloch Falls and Kleiner Arber or from the east side around Grosser Arber and through Arberseewand
• Isarmündung Reserve: near Deggendorf, the Isar flows into the Danube, here is one of the major floodplains of Central Europe, the Danube flows more freely between Straubing and Vilshofen in its original course (boat tour along the Isarmündung Nature Reserve or to Passau on the free-flowing Danube)
• Pfahl Nature Reserve: Pfahl with white quartz which is resistant to weathering pervades the Bavarian Forest to a length of 150 km and it occurs apparently as a prominent pile of rocks in several places
• Arber Nature Reserve: Arber is not only the highest mountain in the Bavarian Forest, but it is also unique because of the sub alpine vegetation of its treeless plateau on the summit
• Devil's Lake and Black Lake in the Czech Republic: the two charming glacial cirque lakes are connected on a circular route; the forest path takes you without any deviations to the starting point for Špicák
Bavarian Forest National Park
• House of wilderness: the new National Park information centre awaits you with Stone Age cave, 3D theatre and Wurzelgang ('root passage' - discover the hidden world of wilderness in miniature form)
• plants and open rocky areas: there are 700 different species of plants arranged according to their association with nature, and with a small tour in to the geology, there are answers for frequently asked questions
• Rachelsee: the glacial cirque lake with high-walled cirque at the foot of Rachel is secluded and beautiful
• Urwaldsteig: Giant trees and rock formations accompany the path on which you learn about the different stages in the life cycle of the forest
Šumava National Park
• Vydra: the wild waters of Vydra, the huge eroded boulders in the riverbed’s hot giant pots are an impressive spectacle of nature
• the path to the beautiful Lakasee leads through the old settlement Hurka / Hurkenthal whose church is still retained
• Dreiseenfilz, Königsfilz, Seefilz: t
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.