Holiday-Area with Mature Trees and Large Play Area in a Beautiful Location - House type B
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bayerisch Eisenstein house description
Situated idyllically near the forest our houses are found on a vast meadowland amidst large trees. From here you have a clear view of the mountains in the Bavarian Forest, Nachbartal and the town of Bischofsmais with its varied choice of leisure activities.
Whether travelling alone, as a couple, with friends or family - the cosy small houses amidst nature and our attentive service make sure that you feel completely at home.
The houses are cosy, centrally heated and fully furnished. House type A can accommodate 4 persons and in house type B there is space for 6 persons. Each house has a detailed information kit and a small library corner.
The roofing of the 18 m² big patio makes staying outdoors a pleasant experience in any weather. Comfortable deck chairs, barbecue grill and garden furniture are available for our guests. And you can have wonderful dreams on the colourful hammock.
Each of the seven houses has separate bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen, shower and toilet. Our house type A (45 m²) offers space for 4 persons with 2 bedrooms and in the house type B (55 m²) there is space available for 6 persons with 3 bedrooms.
The high and wooden panelled room ceilings, the large panoramic windows in the living room and the comfortable furnishings create a pleasant atmosphere which will you’re your stay enjoyable. And not only kids get excited about the rocking chairs.
The seven houses are surrounded by a 4 acre large natural garden. 50-year old trees line up the roads and they shield the houses from each other. And a herb garden is created for our guests at a sunny spot.
The kids’ playground is located near to the forest and the large play area is ideal for football, table tennis and badminton. The premise is free of cars and the road to the garages and covered parking spaces leads you through our wildflower meadow.
The holiday idyll is located on the outskirts on top of Bischofsmais in the Bavarian Forest Nature Park. On one side a small natural forest adjoins, on the other side, a sparsely used road leads only to the neighbouring village. From the holiday complex you can view the northern side of the town and the Grosser Arber, an uninhabited neighbouring valley with a natural creek opens to the south.
The high altitude of 700 m and the surrounding forests provide a balanced climate, so that the summers are not too hot and the winters are guaranteed of snow.
Restaurants and shopping facilities in Bischofsmais are reachable in 5 minutes by walk.
Beautiful hiking trails and well-groomed slopes lead right past the holiday idyll. The ski area Geisskopf and Bikepark are 4 km away.
The Bavarian Forest National Park and the adjacent Šumava National Park on the Czech side form the wild centre in the largest contiguous forest area of Central Europe.
Sporting & active holiday
Enjoy the unique combination of sport and nature in an exciting canoe trip on the Schwarzer Regen or while going downhill in Bikepark.
• Bikepark at Geisskopf - 10 trails and courses of varying difficulty levels
• Segway Fun Park at Geisskopf - courses for Segways, electric quad bikes and electric skateboards
• Canoe tours on Schwarzer Regen
• Golf - 18-hole golf course with driving range and 3-hole practice course on Rusel at 840m altitude
• Guided mountain bike tours
• Mountain bike and e-bike, ski and snowshoe rentals on site
• Alpine skiing & snowboarding
The ski area Geisskopf is only 3 minutes away and is located at 1,100 m altitude. It is one of the top winter sport areas in the Bavarian Forest. It has 6 lifts with 8 ski runs of varying difficulty levels, snowboard fun park, and 4 ski and snowboard schools. For those who still want to enjoy the snow after dark, there are 3 floodlit trails available!
The ski area Rusel at 840 m altitude is only 5 minutes away and has 3 lifts with 3 ski runs and 1 floodlit trail.
• Cross-country skiing
The cross country ski centre in Deggendorf-Rusel-Bischofsmais has 80 km of best-groomed trails, a high ski trail and several skating tracks. It is also possible to enter in to the trail network directly from the holiday idyll.
The 2 km long natural toboggan run at Geisskopf and a toboggan hill in Bischofsmais invite you for sledding.
• Winter hiking & sleigh rides
Nature lovers will find found 22 km of hiking trails for walking in the snow. There are guided snowshoe tours offered in the town.
For those who prefer something more romantic, they can enjoy the beauty of the snowy winter forest in a tranquil sleigh ride.
• Ice stick shooting & ice skating
In the spa gardens you can participate in ice stick shooting.
Or do a few laps of disco skating in the ice rink in Regen.
Adventures for children in Bischofsmais
• Summer toboggan run at Geisskopf - 800 m long with 13 curves
• Horse-drawn carriage rides
• Pony rides
• Spa gardens - play area
• Children’s holiday program - from early July to late August
Hikes in Bischofsmais
120 km of well-marked trails run around the holiday complex in Bischofsmais. Several Nordic-Walking routes are also part of it. Guided walks, even sunrise and torchlight hikes are offered in the town.
Hikes from the holiday complex
• through various mountain forests to the old farming community situated high on Oberbreitenau, a nature reserved high moor land
• through the legendary Hölzerne Hand and Josefsbuche to the plateau of Rusel pass with weather-permitting distant view up to the Alps
• to the landmarked villages Datting and Ginn of Lallinger angle favoured by warm climate
• in to the Todtenau Nature Reserve through which a marsh nature trail leads along the cotton-grass meadows and mountain-pine trees
Walks from the holiday complex
• to the sanctuary of St. Herman from the 14th century across small bridges and through meadows and forests
• in to the spa gardens
• through the woods on top of Bischofsmais and on a quiet country lane towards Hochdorf
Trips starting from the holiday complex with stops for refreshment
• to the Landshuter house with panoramic view from the patio
Tours starting from the holiday complex with panorama
• of Geisskopf with observation tower and magic forest
• of Teufelstisch, a mountain range with legendary rock formations
• to Gesundheitsweg Rusel, a circular path around Hausstein with view points and locations to experience nature
• on the old trade route Böhmweg to Pfahl, a geologic peculiarity, with the ruins of Weissenstein Castle, from where there is a great panoramic view of the mountains of the Bavarian Forest
Nature Reserves in Bischofsmais
Within the area there are several environmentally protected high moors and one creek included in the Bavarian species and habitat protection program with rare animal and plant species.
• Oberbreitenau, Ruselmoore
Lakes & pools
Whether in the adventure park or at Feng-Shui-Weiher - a dive into the 'cool waters' is exactly the right thing to do on sunny days!
• Outdoor pool with large waterslide
• Swimming pond
• Outdoor wave pool
• Natural swimming pond in Feng-Shui spa
• Swimming lake
• Adventure pool
• Farmhouse- Bavarian Forest Museum Village
• Passau - medieval “City of Three Rivers” with the cathedral and the largest church organ in the world
• Agricultural Museum
• Forest Museum
• Abbey Library
• St. Hermann fair - always on 10th and 24th August - with a large commodity market
• Bischofsmais home festival - middle of August - with nationwide known atmospheric bands
• Geisskopf fair - always on 15th August - mountain fair with herbs, music and Schuhplattler dancing
• Pichelstein Festival - End of July - with illuminated fountains and gondola rides
• Festival at Neunussberg Castle - 2nd half of July - Open-air theatre at Burganger
• Drumherum ('All around'): The Regen folk music spectacle on 5 days during Whitsun with more than 300 folk music ensembles, refreshing, natural and highly musical
• Regen river theatre: Swing, cabaret and hit-revue, cultural programs by the riverside on warm summer evenings in August
• Woid Wejd: a 3-day local music festival with a social program organised in the National Park end of August
• Cultural forest: Classical music of international artists in the 1st half of September at venues like monasteries, forest clearing and pubs
• St. Hermann chapel - sanctuary from the 14th century in Bischofsmais
• Roman church
• New Roman church
• Assam church
Bischofsmais is just 20 km away from the junction of Deggendorf, but it is 500m higher. From the plains of Danube you drive up into the clear mountain air of the Bavarian Forest.
The nearest train station Triefenried is 8 km away. We would be glad to pick you up if you plan to travel by the forest train which runs hourly.
Eat, drink and shop
Here's another small list of other options outside of Bischofsmais. (Location and distance in brackets)
• Greisinger Hof (Greising 8 km) - scenic restaurant with a sunny patio in the hiking area
• Grauer Hase (Deggendorf 20 km) - fine Bavarian cuisine in the old town
• Schloss Egg (Egg 25 km) - Dining at the castle stable or in the castle garden with romantic backdrop
• Landgasthof Emerenz Meier (Schiefweg 60 km) - excellent food in the house of the native poet
• Hotel zur Waldbahn (Zwiesel 20 km) - regional specialties, modern light cuisine
• Landgasthof Euler (Neuschönau 35 km) - traditional and vegetarian delights at the National Park
• Strausswirtschaft Dalken - Refreshment with wine and home-made
• Mühlhamer Keller - on the pristine Danube bend with gravel banks and lowland forests
• D´Ehrn in the farmhouse-Museum Village Finsterau - historic pub
• Glass shops, glass villages, glass galleries
• Deggendorf: lively market town on the River Danube with a beautiful town square and many shops
• Organic food: milk, eggs, butter, honey fresh from Bischofsmais farmers and beekeepers, organic farm, organic food stores
House type B: Bayerisch Eisenstein Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 24545ha
Both the house types differ in the number of bedrooms and size of the living area. Size: 55 m² • Spacious living area with furniture, rocking chairs, TV and dining table with corner bench and chairs • kitchen with fridge with 4-star freezer, 4-burner stove, dishes, pots and pans for cooking, coffee maker, toaster and kettle • shower / toilet • bedroom with wardrobe and 2 single beds • 2 bedrooms with wardrobe and 2 bunk beds • 18 m² large covered patio with lounge chairs, garden furniture, barbecue and hammock • Digital TV • Free internet access (Wi-Fi) • Radio- CD-alarm clock (MP3 compatible) • Beds for allergy sufferers • bedding, 2 hand towels per person, tea towels • flexible fly screens for the bedroom windows • coffee maker, toaster, kettle • hair dryer, make-up mirror, first aid kit • Washer and dryer (on the property).
- 55 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- • On request, we deliver fresh bread or our Bärnstein breakfast basket at your doorstep • We also offer a grocery service on your day of arrival and a drinks service • Raclette and fondue dinner upon reservation in advance • Kräuterspirale (herb spiral) - fresh herbs for self-plucking • Washer and dryer, iron and ironing board are always available • guided botanical walks, camp fires, barbecues • We gladly provide free hiking maps, hiking backpack, Nordic Walking poles • Table Tennis rackets, badminton rackets, football, sleds and bobs for rent • Games, books and DVD player for rent • Extra pillows and blankets • high-chair and crib railings for toddlers • Bathrobes and bath towels on request • Dog blanket on request • Thermometer, tick tweezers, sewing kit and shoe polishing kit • Internet - information about open hours, schedules, weather forecast • National Park Igelbus - Tickets • Lockable storage facility for bicycles ...moreless
- Ping Pong Table
- Autumn Foliage
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding
- Paddle Boating
sports and adventure activities
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Dining Area
- Linens Provided
- Laundry Soap
- Local Maps
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Wireless Broadband
- Towels Provided
- Alarm Clock
- Hair Dryer
- Local Activities Guide
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Cooking Utensils
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Swing
- Sand Pit
ReviewsWrite a review
Schönes und freundliches Ferienhaus in der Natur
Schönes und freundliches Ferienhaus in der Natur
Wir hatten das Objekt im Mai 2010 für ein kleines Familientreffen gebucht. Die Lage ist super, direkt an Wald und Wiesen. Für Familien mit Kindern oder Hunden perfekt. Die Außenanlagen mit Kräutergarten sind klasse und dürfen von den Gästen benutzt werden. Die Ausstattung im Haus ist einfach aber praktisch und vollständig. Gehobenen Komfort sollte man hier nicht erwarten. Es ist jedoch alles sauber und in gutem Zustand. Man merkt die Liebe der Gastgeber zum Detail: Von Hängematte über Grill, kostenlose Tischtennisschläger, Wanderkarten und sogar WLAN - alles da, was man sich für einen angenehmen Aufenthalt wünscht. Auffallend ist die Freundlichkeit der Gastgeberin. Unaufdringlich aber präsent. Im Dorf kann man alles was man braucht bequem zu Fuß erreichen. Innerhalb von 10 Minuten ist man beim Bäcker, Metzger, Edeka oder im Restaurant. Wir können das Objekt uneingeschränkt empfehlen und würden es selbst jederzeit wieder buchen.
- Guest Benjamin V.
- Date of stay 05/21/11
- Review Submitted 03/01/12
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Dec 20, 2013
2 night min stay
Dec 21 - Jan 3, 2014
7 night min stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (€) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates:
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Munich at 130 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Regen at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Deggendorf at 20 Kilometres
- Primary: +49 (0)9920 329
- Fax: +49 (0)9920 903091
Links to more information: