VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- • Architecturally designed new home featured in Steamboat Magazine. Inspired combination of timber, steel, stone, and glass.
• Open floor plan approximately 3100 square feet plus large patio extends living space.
• Located in a quiet family neighborhood, with no other vacation rentals in the area. About a mile from the Steamboat Ski Resort.
• Modern kitchen centered within the house, includes the appliances and amenities to keep a gourmet satisfied.
• Master suite occupies it's own wing on the upper end of house. Two large bedrooms, laundry room, and additional full bathroom located on opposite side of patio.
• Vaulted ceilings throughout, wide plank wood flooring, two stone fireplaces, three HD TV's, surround sound, wireless internet, and all the furnished amenities you'd expect in a new, custom designed home.
• Adjoining 650 sf caretakers apartment with king bedroom, full bath, kitchen, dining & living area also available in combination with main house rental. Please inquire for more information and add-on rate.
• Whistler Park located two blocks away offers new playground, several acres of grassy fields, flowing creek, and year round trails.
• Convenient free shuttle bus one block away
• Summer is fantastic as well - with hiking, biking, trail running, boating, fishing, rafting, kayaking, tubing, rodeos, concerts, shopping, etc. The climate is ideal with warm days and cool nights.
• If you would like to host a party or large gathering during your stay, please let us know ahead of time regarding your plans.
• This vacation rental has a special permit to operate. In order to keep positive relationships with neighbors - we ask that you treat everything respectfully, as you would your own. Also, please be especially courteous of others when outside, keeping noise down as much as possible.
• Steamboat Springs Permit #VHR-09-11
Keywords: vacation, rental, home, ski, steamboat, gondola, new, private, luxury, mountain, modern, house, steamboat springs, colorado, hot tub, village, base, owner
Complete apartment available for additional charge *...moreless
King size beds (2), Queen size Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1), * Separate caretaker's apartment also includes king bed, full bathroom, full kitchen, dining and living areas. Add-on rate applies with caretaker's apt....moreless
Early Summer May 22 - Jun 4, 2015 3 night min stay
Summer Jun 5 - Sep 7, 2015 4 night min stay
Fall Sep 8 - Nov 24, 2015 3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
Fully refundable damage deposit payable with final rental payment. Damage deposit is held separately and returned within three days after departure date.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Located about a mile from the gondola, on free bus route.
Other Activities: Kayaking, Downhill/Alpine Skiing, Hot Air Ballooning, Snowboarding, Wildlife Viewing, Health/Beauty Spa, Horseshoes, Shopping, Shopping, Snowmobiling.
Golf: Haymaker Golf Course- public,
Rollingstone Ranch Golf Club- public,
Catamount Ranch and Golf Club- private,
Steamboat Golf Club- semi-private
Ski: Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp,
Howelsen Hill Ski Area,
Steamboat Ski Touring Center
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: I was fortunate to grow up in such a friendly place, to ski this beautiful mountain, and to enjoy all the outdoor activities available here in Steamboat Springs. Traveling has taken me both around the state and the world, but it's always nice to come home. Now with this new house, it's a real treat to be able to share this wonderful part of Colorado.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes, Mountain Base: I chose to build this home here because of the quiet location in an established neighborhood adjacent to open space with great views, and close proximity to the ski area. I have lived in many areas around Steamboat through the years, and felt this was a tremendous opportunity.
The Unique Benefits at this House: When staying here, people often say they appreciate the open floor plan, spacious rooms, attention to detail, quality finishes, and so much nature to explore. They also like opening up the 30 feet of glass doors and really letting the outside in. Being so close to the ski area, yet in a new private home is certainly a plus as well.