Lake Front Log Cabin Nestled in the Heart of the Smokys
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cashiers cottage description
Tuckaway Lodge is a brand new and elegantly furnished log home directly on pristine Bear Lake in the great Smoky Mountains. Located in Tuckasegee at an elevation of 2800` and a short two minute ride off blacktop Hwy. 281 down gravel Tuckaway Road to the lake. This rustic home features 4 Bedrooms and 3.5 baths, up and down master suites with king size beds and large slate and tile his and hers showers. The third guest room downstairs has a queen bed and private bath with tub and shower and walk out patio door to the lake path. Up in the loft are a pair of twin beds in a private back area for additional guests. There`s stunning lake views from every room in this spectacular home. You will really enjoy the open chefs kitchen with bar-stools for entertaining and a gas cook top built in to the island. Also there is an additional stove for large cookout parties. Entertain with a 50' TV and yahama surround sound in a huge great room with blu-ray dvd player which will also play your music thru surround speakers. The view from the deck is priceless and sure to please all your guests.
Enjoy time out on the expansive deck grilling and relaxing. Or take a short walk to the sitting area situated just above the water for a perfect view. Jump into the pristine waters of Bear Creek Lake for your own swimming hole and take in the beauty. All this and more when you stay with Sundog at 'Tuckaway Lodge'
Located in Tuckasegee at an elevation of 2800', between the towns of Cashiers and Sylva. Private but close to Western Carolina University and shopping. This home is within 30 minutes of Dillsboro, Waynesville, Smoky Mtn. National Park, Cashiers, Cherokee, Franklin, Blue Ridge Parkway and Ski Resorts. Come visit this Smoky Mountain home where you can be away from it all and close to so much--hiking, fishing, golfing, white-water rafting, tubing, skiing, antiquing, shopping, dining, gambling.
Plenty of outdoor and indoor space for entertaining. A place to enjoy and build memories of great vacations. Perfect for vacations or small corporate outings. Swimming, boating, fishing, sightseeing, and golf are all available at or near Bear Creek Lake. Visit nearby Cashiers, Biltmore Estate, Dillsboro, Bryson City, Asheville and more in Western North Carolina for an unforgettable vacation.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- King size beds (2) Master Suite with attached Bath upstairs and Down. Includes flat screen TV's, dressers, nightstands and spacious closets both with Lake Views., Queen size Beds (1) Bdr. 2 includes a flat screen TV, dresser, nightstand and spacious closet. Lake Views, Twin or Single Beds (1) Two twin beds in the Loft...moreless
Bathrooms: 3.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Sundog's 'Laughing Trout Camp' on Bear Lake offer additional Smoky Mountain places to add adventures to your mountain vacation. Just a short drive down the road and on Bear Creek lake. There is something for everyone... Meanwhile, dinner's on the grill (or is this the night we're cooking for you?) . Laughing Trout Camp (LTC) provides an easy access to water adventures on Bear Lake. (LTC is only about .7 miles away and the fun is included in your rental). Travel time from cottage 5 minutes. Water, water, water: Surround yourself in awesomeness on Bear Creek Lake, a 497 acre secluded mountain lake: kayak, canoe, float, swim, ski, rent a pontoon boat, or bring your own boat. With over 13 miles of shoreline there are boulders to jump from, islands to explore, waterfalls to climb, and photo ops. Relax at Laughing Trout Camp-in the lakefront timber-framed pavilion, fireplace, kitchen, 2 full baths, picnic, 2 beaches....moreless
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Scenic Drives
- Fitness Center
- Gambling Casinos
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Water, water, water: Surround yourself in awesomeness on Bear Creek Lake, a 497 acre secluded mountain lake: kayak, canoe, float, swim, ski, rent a pontoon boat, or bring your own boat. With over 13 miles of shoreline there are boulders to jump from, islands to explore, waterfalls to climb, and photo ops. Relax at Laughing Trout Camp-in the lakefront timber-framed pavilion, fireplace, kitchen, 2 full baths, picnic, 2 beaches. Ready for adventure? Tube the rushing Caney Fork Creek--about an hour of brisk mini rapids whisks you to the Tuckasegee River, where we'll be glad to drive you back...to start again, or warm up in the Sundrops hot tub....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
TuckawayGuest comment entered by owner
A wonderful home--very comfortable and welcoming!
- Guest Jim
- Date of stay 09/01/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
TuckawayGuest comment entered by owner
Home was very nice. Location was quiet and peaceful as advertised.
- Guest Lewis
- Date of stay 06/18/13
- Review Submitted 06/19/13
Amazing Family Getaway
Amazing Family Getaway
We had a wonderful time at Bear Lake. The house was beautiful, clean, and fully stocked with everything we needed. There is an amazing stream and waterfall that runs right next to the cabin. Our kids loved playing in the stream during the day and we loved listening to it at night. The outdoor fireplace was great for roasting smores during the cool mountain nights. In addition to a great house, the resort property was amazing as well. We had a great time hiking, searching for tadpoles in the lake at Mill Pond, swimming in the pool, and kayaking on the lake. All in all, one of our best family vacations to date!
- Guest CharlotteMom (Charlotte, NC)
- Date of stay 07/14/11
- Review Submitted 08/18/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
My Stay at Bear Lake Reserve
My Stay at Bear Lake Reserve
We found the cabin and the area to be absolutely beautiful! The grounds are immpeciable, the roads can be a little trecherous past dark. The cabin has a very relaxing porch and is equiped with everything you need. We normally do not stay in community's like this, because we like the solitude of being away from other cabins. We however found this locatin very tranqil, quite and relaxing. The sky is absolutely beautiful at night. The gentelmen whom we encountered at the welcome center when you arrived and during our stay, were more than welcoming and willing to make suggestions. The only complaint I would have would be the folks whom work down at the club house were not very warm or friendly. We went down once when we first arrived and felt extremely unwelcomed and uncomfortable. We decided to go to dinner one night, we made a reservation but when we arrived again we felt less than welcomed, so we chose to leave. Its was much nicer to make dinner and have it on the porch at the cabin. I would definately return to the cabin. I also think you should fix the entertainment system to work for dummies. We had a very difficult time getting it to work and we were never able to use the television in the Master Bedroom, at all. All in all we appreciated the cabin very much and had a very calm, quite, relaxing stay. Thank you
- Guest Stephen A R. (Washington DC area)
- Date of stay 06/25/11
- Review Submitted 08/01/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
just wanted to thank you for sharing your beautiful home w/ us in Bear Lake Reserve. It was so peaceful and quiet - a wonderful place to get away from the quick paced life back home and have time to relax...the amenities were awesome(Lake Club A++++) and the Bear Lake staff were so helpful and considerate...Golfing A++++ too!!!! we'll definitely be back...thanks again
- Guest Mark & Kim1 (Atlanta,Ga)
- Date of stay 07/15/09
- Review Submitted 07/15/09
Owner response: Most of our guests rave about the staff both at the Greeters Cottage and the Lake Club. We have notified the Operations Management about the comment. As to the entertainment center operation, we have changed satillite providers and have new, clear instructions on use in the notebook labeled "Welcome to Our Cottage".
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Two night minimum.
Check-in After 3:00 pm
Check-out is 11:00 AM
A 3% Convenience fee will be applied when using a Credit Card on FINAL Payment.
- Cleaning Fee: $175
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2006
- Primary: +1 828-293-1000
- Secondary: (877)7863641
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View off Back Deck in Fall
2nd Master King Suite with Full Bath
Twin Bed Loft
Front of Home
Gas grill and Table on Deck - Ceiling Fans for a hot Day!
View from Sitting Area
View of the Cabin from Bear Lake
Awesome Living Room with Tree from Floor to Ceiling
Master King Suite with Full Bath
3rd Queen Bedroom with Full Bath
View of Back Deck
Sitting and Sunning Deck
Laughing Trout Camp a 2 minute drive From Tuckaway
Fall view off deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.