Enjoy Gulf View Hot Tub; Book 2014 Summer, Spring Break, While They Last
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Seagrove Beach West house description
Four prime 2014 summer high season weeks already booked. Move fast to get yours while they last. Enjoy CHEZ MIREILLE'S two gulf front decks, one w/ hot tub spa, next to large shaded space, creating 67 foot long special event area, other a 2nd flr, 360 degree view 19 x 23 ft sun bathing sky deck, 2 KING bedrooms, one of which can sleep 4, 2 QUEEN bedrooms, each paired with another single bed and its own separate bathroom, + 5th bedroom w/small European dbl bed, to house a total of 16 (2 or 3 families w/children)
Luxuriate in the hot tub's warm swirling waters as you watch the sunset or moonbeams reflected off the gulf's silvery surface in the privacy of your own little paradise on the cliffside deck just outside the door to your waterfront master bedroom. Unwind after days of beach walking and biking on miles of paved paths. Hop into your hot tub at midnight for a stimulating soak and more pillow talk under the stars just steps from your comfy king bed. Sugar white quartz sand and limpid light green shallows await you down the stairs from your garden gate.
Wedding parties can save money enjoying Old Seagrove's largest (40 x 31 ft) heated screened private pool, by also booking ALMARITO, our 5-bdrm three bath Gulf View stilt house (VRBO# 247383), across 30A a short bike ride or walk down the street,for young couples (3 queen beds & 2 doubles + dble fold out + 2 single beds) and single friends of the bridal couple.
Gather around for a sing along around the old upright piano and offer refreshments to dozens at your wedding rehearsal or family reunion dinner in the 48 x 24 foot (max dimensions) Great Room whose bank of 6 gulf front French doors open out to a 19-foot deep deck, enlarging it to a fair weather party space of more than 65 feet, open to breezes, only steps from the beach.
Leave your car at home and sip wine at your dinner at 'V', one of the two best restaurants in genuine Old Seagrove, South Beach style dining only a few short blocks block's walk east of us at the blinking stop light at E. County Hwy 30-A & County Road 395. At its gulf view outside tables enjoy sophisticated food prepared by a chef from Commander's Palace, in New Orleans.
Stroll a few more blocks to Whiskey Bravo, genuine old Seagrove's other top restaurant, site of the best Seagrove Brunch view over lazy green palm trees of the gulf's sparkling blue noon time waters.
It's just steps past Almarito (vrbo247383), whose 40 x 31 ft pool you can use for a fun family get-together if you booked it for your friends after your whole wedding party or reunion has enjoyed its rooftop brunch.
Relax on your vacation, enjoy trivial conveniences like TV sets and phone jacks in every room and bathroom and multiple watering points from the kitchen at the Chez's north end to the seashell fountain on the southern deck so your glass will never go dry.
Welcome to this airy 3,000+ square foot home which offers a wonderful and convenient single level floor plan, with bedrooms on each side, flanking living and entertainment areas through the center, which will easily accommodate 2-3 families with children and/or elderly guests,with their own private bath and oversize bed, with wheelchair ramps at all exterior doors. Excellent arrangement for family vacations, bridal parties, showers, rehearsal dinners, family reunions, anniversaries and cocktail parties.
Enjoy the dazzling gulf view as you come in thru the welcoming entry hall which features a love seat and game table, plenty of room for all the things that pile up at the front door. Beamed cathedral ceilings and skylights flood light into a bright cheery atmosphere. Walk thru to the kitchen and between bedrooms and baths, 2 of each on either side, giving each family its own private facilities, with a 5th bedroom in front, isolated for more personal privacy.
Step out to the lanai from a Great Room featuring a wood burning fireplace, premium channels on its 42-inch flat-screen HD-TV, plus DVD, Stereo, wet bar, two sofas (one of which opens into a Queen bed) and love seat. View the ocean, the sunsets or the convenient bookshelf television as you prepare meals in the open kitchen with oversize French door style fridge with its pull-out drawer freezer, wrap around ceramic tile counter which seats 8 or more, and dining room table with two extenders, which seats 6 - 8 or more, with a spare table, also with an extending leaf, and extra chairs to allow banquet style hospitality inside, plus extra dining tables and chairs on the deck..
The 1st master bedroom, on the beach side of the home, features a king bed and glorious views of the gulf, with its own sofa w/fold out (double) extra bed, work table and chairs, 36 in. flat screen HD TV & phone. There is an adjacent convenience shower & bath, or, further toward the north end of the house, enjoy the water jets of a large jacuzzi style tub under a large French style radial shower head.
You can use the Queen bedroom next door with its extra twin bed, adjacent Jacuzzi tub/shower, tv and landline phone jack, as your third master bedroom or sleep three children there instead.
Across the front foyer, lies the 2nd master bedroom, with its additional king bed, TV, phone and large bath w/tub/shower, conveniently close to another 3-person queen bedroom suite, w/2nd Queen bed, another twin bed, TV, and landline phone jack, which has bath/shower on one side and 4th private bath/shower plus a changing area on the other side of this extended mini suite.
Either Queen bedroom can use its extra twin bed for a child or as refuge for partner who wants some distance from a thundering snorer.
The new fifth bedroom with a small European double bed, slightly narrower than American doubles, can sleep the 5th young couple, alternate use of the big jacuzzi tub bathroom w/the couple in the east center bdrm.
To avoid tracking sand across the great room coming up from the beach, Chez Mireille has outside showers on both sides of the house, w/doors to the inside baths & adjacent bedrooms.
Walkways, w/wheelchair ramps, wrap around the home, making it easier for kids to shed sand and beach equipment right outside the door & giving access for wheel chairs to move directly from their arrival at the carport facing 30-A to the gulf-view.
Keywords: See miles of surf, sunset and sunrise from the Gulf Front hot tub on huge deck plus 2nd story Sunbathing Sky Deck; Sing along around the old acoustic piano.. Watch the heavens explode into color as the Sunset melts into the sea from within the mammoth 67 x 24 ft (max) Inside/Outside Great Room/Gulf Front Deck celebration continuum. You can now fly Southwest to ECP (Panama City), Delta to ECP and VPS (Ft Walton Beach. Sip wine at dinner and walk back home just a few blocks to bed from genuine Old Seagrove's top two restaurants.
- Vacation Rental
Secure separate kids' play area in foyer, with pass-thru view for adults in kitchen, provides TV, dvd player, game area separate from adult entertainment area in the great room and on the deck outside, easy to supervise. Six foot tall security gates, fences and thick shrubbery isolate deck and front and side play areas from walkways back to carport and street....moreless
By varying routes one can roll a wheelchair from parking area to all parts of the house & deck except 2 smaller (with narrower doors) of the 4 baths. The two spacious baths with wide doors do not have special rails or handles or very low wash basins. Their toilets are fairly low, but do not have grab bars. Home not certified by any handicapped rating agency....moreless
This house has ramps for wheelchair access to both master bedrooms and two largest bathrooms, to deck and to all living and dining rooms and open spaces. Has not been certified handicapped accessible by any rating agency....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
- King size beds (2) Awaken in Gulf front master bedroom King bed & see sunrise turn palm tree ruby laser red framed by pink sky over deep marine blue sea. Queen pull out makes this a comfortable suite. King bed also in 2nd Master Bdrm., Queen size Beds (3) Queen bed plus single in each of the two 3-person side bed rooms. Living room convertible sofa (3rd Queen bed) is most comfortable overnight viewing point for new 42-inch flat screen HD-TV with its home box office movies., Double Beds (2) New fifth bedroom, with a Swedish double bed, like most European doubles slightly narrower than American doubles. Also double convertible couch added to sunrise view master bedroom in southeast corner of the house. These two additional beds inceases this home's capacity from 12 people to 16. Some familes use this four person master bedroom as a bunk room for children and use the other king bedroom or one of the two queen bedrooms as the master bedroom. This new couch in the southeast corner of the largest master bedroom, viewing the gulf through two wide open French windows, gives the best inside sheltered view in the whole house of the spring, autumn and winter sunsets into the water., Twin or Single Beds (2) One single plus one queen bed in each of the 2 children's side bdrms, giving each a 3 person capacity, plus cable TV, closable skylights, landline phone jacks in each., Child Beds (1) Children's crib available with advance notice to manager.
Ask manager in advance for toddler seat risers for dining room chairs if needed., Baby Cribs (1) Folding baby crib & risers to raise tots to dining table level available at no charge on advance request to mgr., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Living room convertible Queen bed sofa folds right out in front of fireplace. Provides best private viewing of 42 inch flat screen HD TV, HBO movies through the night, and, through broad bank of six gulf front French doors (in three double-door sets) and deep shatterproof side picture window those early to bed in fall, winter and spring can enjoy brilliant orange sunsets with their multi colored afterglow....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
(2) Extra sink plus 2nd under-counter dishwasher next to dining room table, saves steps to wash & store china, flatware & glasses. Leave them in dishwasher between meals and don't bother to go into cabinets. Other dishwasher in kitchen area for pots and pans. Two dishwashers allow faster clean-up after big parties at holidays, weddings and other larger gatherings....moreless
Twenty five cubic foot French door fridge. Top space for easy access to everyday items, with freezer in pull-out bottom drawer, focusing most space on short term vacation type storage. Emphasizes easy to reach fridge space more than freezer space down below....moreless
- Catering Available:
Two zone a/c to customize comfort as sun heats east side mornings, then moves over to warm the west side afternoons. Separate compressors and distribution systems service East and West sides, with both distributing cooled or heated air to central Great Room area, Foyer and Food Preparation Facilities....moreless
- Linens Provided:
- Covered Parking:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Rare gulf front hot tub on waterfront deck allows bathers to watch brilliant sunsets and moonlight reflected off water while soaking just steps from from master bedroom doorway. Or enjoy the same view from our 360 degree view second floor 19 x 23 ft sunbathing sky deck. Gather for a party siing along around the old acoustic piano next to the wet bar in the great room. (Serious musicians who want and are willing to have the piano tuned must contact house manager Arlene well before their tenancy to arrange for tuning before their arrival off season or, during periods of high occupancy when unbooked weeks are not available for a tuner to visit, during their own tenancy.) Permanent library includes books in French, Spanish, Russian, English & Italian. Classics & some scholarly works on politics, history, foreign affairs, humor, poetry, theater, travel. Also biographies & children's books, plus rare books written by friends, professors & associates....moreless
Bring a pianist and enjoy musical choices limited only by his or her repertoire on the elderly untuned old fashioned acoustical instrument installed only in November 2011 next to the bar for party sing-alongs. . Play your own music, right off your I-pod, through our players and wireless portable stereo speaker system Our own recorded library is for the eyes only, as useful to the deaf as to those who are not.Your brain will have to generate any sound you find on our bookshelves, read off the printed page,limited only by the imaginations of the author & reader.No tapes, chips, records. Just books, 5 full length bookcases with shelves full of books (remember "books" ?) in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian. No P.C. Novels & poems, short stories, & plays. Isn't it amusing how 21st century formats provide spaces to list video & music "libraries" but no space to list "book" libraries? This is the house for those who still enjoy turning the pages of a well-thumbed book....moreless
Satellite / Cable:
(9) HBO, flat screen 42 inch HD-TV in Great Room. Flat screen 36-in HD TV in southwest corner sunrise view King bedroom with extra fold-out double bed couch. See extra point kick, 100-yd runbacks, from toilets, or Today Show in mirror as you dry hair mornings, on wall shelf behind or beside you in all 4 bath rooms. More TVs(total 10)in kitchen, foyer, great room, every bedroom.(Put away the kids' smaller TVs into the master bedroom closet or wardrobe if you want to limit their viewing.) Plenty of books in multi-shelf library (5 full height bookcases -- see pix) for those who prefer reading. Web site only permits us to list 9 of our 10 television sets....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
Sit down with your laptop on our 19 by 18 ft crow's nest/sunbathing deck with its 360 degree view of the Gulf to the south and the village roofs and summer sunset/sunrise skyworks to the north. Go to the lower deck or into the 48 by 24 (max. diminsions) great room to plug into the internet directly, using our cable, to maintain financial security or if you do not have wi fi capability to receive our high speed wi fi broadcast signal directly on your own computer....moreless
We broadcast and pick up wi fi from the center of the house, making it easy to access internet everywhere, including either the shaded part of our lower deck or the 360 degree view upstairs 19 x 23 ft sunbathing crow's nest....moreless
Pool & Spa
View sunsets over the gulf from jetted hot tub on waterfront deck just outside master bedroom door. Get up at midnight and view the moonbeams reflected on the sea's silvery surface, continue pillow talk and relaxation in warm swirling waters within secure triple gated area overlooking the sea....moreless
Deck / Patio:
(2) Enjoy the panoramic east-west view of the spring, autumn and winter sunrise and sunsets over the Gulf from the upper floor deck. Look over our own roof and those behind the house as the sun moves north in summer. Five sets of double French doors expand entertainment space to 19-ft deep front deck with hot tub, both overlooking the gulf, beach, sunset and silvery moonbeams reflected off the water. Rigid waterproofed overhead deck plus adjacent canvas roof over the rest of the full-width lower deck allow tenants to request, at extra cost, additional clear vinyl side panels around open deck to create weather resistant space up to 67 feet long and 24 feet wide at its maximum for special occasions. Folks usually book this house solid through June for rehearsal dinners. But its also great for family reunions and for weddings the other 11 months of the year as well. You walk right off the end of the lower deck through the side door to the stairway right down to the beach....moreless
While trendy sun worshipers bask on the obstruction free upper deck with its 360 degree view of the gulf out front and the village behind us, its waterproofed floor and an adjacent tarp shade two thirds of the lower deck's west end for babies, the elderly and others shy of the ultra violet, and teens and others splash in yhr sun drenched hot tub just to the east. There's something for everyone outside and just overlooking the deep blue sea....moreless
Lanai / Gazebo:
Open on one side, covered for deep shade on the other side, with the hot tub just outside the door from gulf front master bedroom. Nice furniture for relaxing, sunbathing. Perfect for watching the rainbow hued sunsets, midnight stars, silvery path of moonlight reflected off the water....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Walk through six foot privacy gate directly to top of stairs leading to the broad white sugar sand beach and the limpid waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Or look down at the full westward sweep of the beach, its brilliant white edges converging like pointers to the tiny images you see of the tall buildings of Destin, 15 miles away, and, at sunset, enjoy seeing that golden streak flickering brilliantly at you as it weaves from the point its orb melts into the horizon over the waves toward your viewing point looking over bushes, small trees and lesser outlooks, closer to the surface, to display for you the full impact of nature's favorite light show....moreless
Side gate from the Lanai opens just above steps down to the beach, descending 35 foot cliff which extends deck sight lines farther out to sea, giving view when fishing boats troll the gulf. The view gets better when you climb a few steps to the roof level upstairs sun deck, whose view of the beaches and your children playing on them is unobstructed by the bushes, trees and the bulk of the house which help shade the lower deck. ...moreless
In the middle of an unincorporated sea front village, with high isolating bushes on both side, giving privacy on lower deck, but distant views from roof top deck whose occupants see over the bushes....moreless
- Car Not Necessary
- Jet Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Basketball Court
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Recreation Center
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Bird Watching
- WEDDING AND OTHER LARGE PARTIES, FAMILY REUNIONS, AND MULTIPLE FAMILIES, CAN RENT & PLAY TOGETHER IN OLD SEAGROVE'S LARGEST (40 X 31 FT) PRIVATE HEATED AND SCREENED POOL (free from oil threat)AND INEXPENSIVELY HOUSE OVERFLOW OF BRIDAL PARTIES AND OTHER GUESTS AT OUR FIVE BEDROOM THREE BATH GULF VIEW STILT HOUSE JUST DOWN THE STREET AT HALF CHEZ MIREILLE PRICE....Other regional features: Dressage instructor located in nearby Destin.Trail riding at nearby Point Washington....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The views were spectacular! We enjoyed watching the dolphins every morning while drinking our coffee on the deck. The location is perfect. We were able to walk to Seaside to shop & enjoy the restaurants. The only time we needed our car was to go to the grocery store. Arlene, the property manager, was so helpful and friendly. My family had an unforgettable week & hope to be back next year.
- Guest Slone H. (Roswell, Georgia, USA)
- Date of stay 03/31/12
- Review Submitted 04/11/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Manager response: Thanks for the great review, I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay at our home! Please come back and see us again, you were a pleasure to do business with. Arlene
During this stay the property was under previous ownership or management.
Perfect Location - Very Practical and Maintenance Free Accomodations
Perfect Location - Very Practical and Maintenance Free Accomodations
"Ideal Location - In low key Seagrove Village but with access to Seaside activity. Directly on the beach - can sit on deck or in hot tub for hours enjoying the view. Accomodations both practical and convenient. Would come again over and over to enjoy the natural beauty of Seagrove in convenient and restful accomodations. Thank you.
- Guest Searching for Warmth (Maryland)
- Date of stay 12/26/09
- Review Submitted 03/24/10
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, tourists without a car.
Manager response: Thank you 'Searching" your thoughtful description of our home is appreciated. We hope all responses are as kind. Please visit again and enjoy the many updates and amenities we have added since your stay.
During this stay the property was under previous ownership or management.
EarlyFall(2013)Sep.5-Nov.22:$595/Nite Tksgvng(2013)Nov.23-Dec.1:$4265Wk;$605/nite;Late Fall(Dec.2-Dec. 20) $525/nite.. Christmas'New Years 2013-2014: Dec.21, 2013 - Jan.2, 2014 $575/Nite Winter 2014(Jan.3-March 1)$495/Night; Early Spring(March 1-8)$4695/Wk,680/Night 2014 Hi Sprng Brk(Mar.8-Apr.12)$4695 WklyOnly;Late Sprng(Apr.12-May24)$680/Night HiSummerSeason 2014(May 24-Aug.16)$5295(WklyOnly; Late Summer $4795/Wk,$695/Night ChksOnlyForRent+$300CleanHome+Decks+HotTub+Yrd+Drive+$400Wedding+12%TaxesOnAll
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: ECP - Emerald Coast Beaches ( + VPS - Valparaiso) at 20 Miles
- Nearest Train: Crestview (New Orleans to Miami) at 60 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: U.S. 98 (to New Orleans/Miami ) at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Seagrove Beach - Pure White Quartz Crystals at Seagrove Beach West
- Nearest Barpub: 'V' Big friendly circular barL See everybody else. at 300 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Rosemary Beach at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: 'V' at 300 Metres
Year Purchased: 1993
About: Members of my family have been visiting these beautiful shores since the 1940s and 50s (when pavement for 30-A stopped about 1/2 mile east of Seaside) In 1960, my Mother brought my immediate family to join the aunts, uncles and cousins already established here, when she moved from New Orleans to a bungalow just down highway 30-A from this house. There are now more than 30 family members with 20 permanent homes here. I am a retired news correspondent and editor who has lived all over the world, but chose this area to settle down in for retirement. I hope you all love it as much as I, my family and my friends do. I bought Chez Mireille in 1993 and have worked over the years to make it more comfortable for my family and other guests, including you, by extending it at both ends to bring shelter and air conditioning to the areas from which we can watch the sunsets and sunrises and provide more modern amenities to transform a simple beach cottage into a more comfortable and presentable vacation home.
Why Seagrove Beach West:
Once I drag myself out of the gulf front hot tub, I'm seconds from the sea, minutes from the coffee shops, boutiques, restaurants and watering holes of Seaside. I can arrive back home in Seagrove, park the car, get on my bike and not start a motorized vehicle for a month, pedaling up and down a safe 16-mile long evenly graded bike path separated from the highway and carried across our region's frequent gulf side lakes by its own bridges. Do you like fresh air and sunshine and pleasant people who say, 'Hi,' to strangers? That's why people who live here call this place paradise.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
If it rains, I may watch movies on the flat screen TV next to the wood burning fireplace, on HBO or the dvd player, listen to the stereo, or soak in the steaming hot tub and gaze out at sea to contemplate the foam and spray as the howling wind whips the waves breaking over the second sand bar. I have bookshelves that have more than pottery on them. There are even books. Some for children, some on politics or foreign policy, history or opera, poetry, humor, theater, some in French, including classic plays by Racine and Moliere, Chekov in Russian, others in Spanish or Italian, reference books, some mystery novels. Many guests even add more books. I would appreciate if my treasures and theirs are allowed to stay, especially those written or given to me by friends, colleagues, teachers. Please let others enjoy them too. In front of that wood burning fireplace, as my grandparents did.
- Primary: + 850-231-4386 OK to phone early. But prefer E-mail contacts.
- Secondary: + 8502314386 OK to phone early. But prefer e-mail contacts.
Enjoy sunset and Gulf view from the Spa Tub
View from Sky Deck looking east
Dining room view towards kitchen, as seen from great room, back to gulf.
One of 2 Queen + single bedrooms with cable tv, phone jacks & skylights.
Great Room wet bar, perfect for parties, weddings, holiday dinners, meetings
Gulf visible in distance from front door & large foyer children's game room.
New oven/range, 2 dishwashers for easy clean up after large parties, weddings
Stroll from the dining room table right out to the deck overlooking the Gulf
Fantastic Sunrise/Sunset/All day long view from our roof level "Sky Deck"
Sunset frm Chez Mireille south deck. See St. Elmo's Fire (Sunset "Green flash").
Gulfside eating, drinking and relaxing in the Spa Tub.
Huge Jacuzzi style tub with wide overhead spa style shower head.
Three double French doors open to 19' deep deck facing Gulf & beach.
Second King Bedroom with Adjoining Bath
The room for everyone! Flat screen TV, Dining, and Library.
Master/King overlooks Gulf and Spa Tub, flat screen TV
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 05, 2013