Great Views & Great Fishing on the White Iron Chain of Lakes
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ely cabin description
This home has a beautiful view of White Iron Lake not only from the home itself but also from a screened lakeside gazebo. It also has a large level lawn and private dock. Located on the southwest shores of White Iron Lake, between the Bear Island River and Kawishiwi inlets, this property offers access to the Farm, South Farm and Garden Lakes chain. Hand-made log furniture throughout cabin gives it that “Northwood’s” feel.
2 Bedrooms: One bedroom with queen bed, one with full bed. Bed linens provided.
1 Bathroom: 1/2 bath with toilet and sink; second room with shower only. Toilet paper provided; bring your own bath/beach towels and toiletries.
•TV with DVD/VCR
•Gas fireplace and lake views from the living room
•1 futon in living room, plus futon in front room
•Well-stocked kitchen with stove/oven, microwave, coffee brewer, refrigerator/freezer, small electrical appliances, fully-equipped with dinnerware and cookware. Dishwashing soap, garbage bags, kitchen towels and pot holders provided.
•Lakeside screened in gazebo
•Private dock with E-Z roll lift and hammock
•Canoe and 16’ fishing boat included
•Motor rental plus additional rentals available
•No smoking inside cabin
•Well behaved pets welcome for additional fee
•10 miles from Ely
White Iron Lake, 3429 acres in size, is actually part of a chain including Farm, South Farm, and Garden Lakes which also has direct access to the BWCAW. This chain is a local’s favorite with nice populations of walleye, northern pike, bass, crappie, and panfish. No motor restrictions.
All cabins rent Saturday to Saturday and are available by the week only. If you are looking for a stay longer than a week, or need a check in on a different day, please contact our office to book your stay. Please be sure you have selected a Saturday check in before booking online.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (1), Double Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Gas Fireplace
- DVD Player
Location & View
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Ely, Minnesota is recommended by National Geographic Magazine as one of the 50 places in the world you should visit in your lifetime and was recently voted “Coolest Small Town in America”. Nestled in the expansive Superior National Forest, Ely is a place to renew an appreciation for the beauty and wonder of nature. With over 500 lakes within 20 miles of Ely, there are endless opportunities for swimming, boating, canoeing and fishing. Ely is located on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, a 1 million acre tract of pristine forests intersected by 1500 miles of canoe routes. And, if you’re looking for true hometown hospitality plan a visit to Ely’s downtown shops, restaurants, attractions and museums. There are lots of things to see and do here including the arts and crafts, educational exhibits, tours, golfing, casinos, farmers markets, festivals and fairs. You’ll quickly see why so many families return to Ely year after year....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
White Iron Loon's nest
White Iron Loon's nest
We found the loon's nest to be comfortable, well maintained and pet friendly. The Ely north woods area is very scenic and home to an abundant amount of wildlife. White Iron lake contains many secluded bays where one can enjoy an afternoon fishing without running into a lot of boat traffic. Cabin is situated far enough out side of town to give you that wilderness feeling yet close enough to run for supplies and restaurants.
- Guest Nate (McHenry,IL.)
- Date of stay 06/06/11
- Review Submitted 11/08/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, sightseeing.
2013 Summer Rate $1295/wk (based on 4) 20% Spring/Fall discount Additional guests $105/wk; children under 5 free Cleaning fee $100 3% processing fee 50% deposit required at time of reservation Minimum stay of 1 week Pet fee $75/pet
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Family room with lake view
Dining area opens to family room and lake view
Separate room with shower
Kitchen with dining area
Plenty of room to relax on the shoreline
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013