High End Spectacular Oceanfront Closest to the Ocean Available May 9-15!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Other Wailea Properties condo description
When only the Best will do!
This second floor oceanfront condo at the Kihei Surfside Resort is located on the sought after ocean side of the elevator, and in the coveted “2 stack”, which are the closest to the ocean one bedroom condos in all of Kihei or Wailea. It has a spectacular view from the kitchen, living room, dining area and lanai. It is one of the larger, 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath units (680 sq ft). The view of the ocean and its abundant wildlife is absolutely breathtaking. The unit is literally right at the ocean and the sound of the ocean is very audible. It was completely remodeled and refurnished in June 2010, and is spectacular in every way! Our guests gave this unit a very high rating in 2009 – 4.78 out of 5 on our Guest Satisfaction Survey Index for 2009, firmly pacing it in our 'Luxury' Category. What is remarkable about this is that this was before the unit was completely remodeled! This is “Rosies” personal unit and is fast becoming our most popular! Since the remodel, we have created a new category for this unit – Premium! We beleive this is the finest unit in the building.
The entire unit has porcelain flooring. All the cabinetry was custom made and imported from Canada. It is cherry stained maple, and all counters and vanities are topped with a very unique, light colored granite called “Delicates”. All lighting in all rooms is controlled by dimmer switches.
The oversized gourmet kitchen is spectacular! It is fully equipped with stainless steel Professional Series appliances, including side by side fridge/freezer with water and ice, flat top stove with five burners and warming drawer, quiet dishwasher, multi function microwave oven, garbage disposer and a variety of small appliances including coffee maker, coffee grinder, four slice toaster, blender, crock pot, rice maker and hand mixer. There is also a large selection of higher end pots and pans, baking pans, Henkle knives, BBQ tools, extensive spice rack and ample matching dishes, glasses and cutlery. The “corner sink design allows for maximum efficiency and working space. The island has a six foot eating ledge with three barstools.
The living room has a queen size sofa-bed with matching large comfy armchair with ottoman. There is also a large 47” flat screen LCD HD color TV with HD cable box, DVR, and an RCA surround sound receiver. And of course, a multi speed ceiling fan.
The dining area has an oversized round rattan glass table with 4 matching tropical armchairs.
The large, private lanai has a glass bistro table with two heavily padded swivel rocker chairs – a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or a romantic oceanfront dinner! Turtles and dolphins can be seen year round, whales in season.
The entry hall is tiled, with a large built in, granite topped buffet with cabinets and a full set of dresser drawers, and a desk area with free high speed internet and free long distance calling to the United States and Canada.
The bedroom has a high quality pillow top King size bed, multi speed ceiling fan, Hawaiian style rattan furniture, plantation shutters, oversized closet, digital security safe and a wall mounted 32” flat screen LCD TV.
The master bathroom has a full size, walk in shower with a Pulse shower spa system, including rain head, hand held wand/massager and six body sprays. There is an over height vanity with granite countertop. The matching half bath has been finished to the same high standard. Both bathrooms have Kohler toilets.
The unit is fully equipped with, fresh linen and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and beach gear that includes folding chairs, Egyptian cotton towels, umbrella, boogie boards, snorkel gear and cooler.
This unit is an excellent choice for guests who are looking for the best accommodation the Kihei Surfside has to offer; a spacious, comfortable high end oceanfront condo with a spectacular location and absolutely unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean and the West Maui mountains.
Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation.
Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort!
Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea.
We own and or manage 13 of the best units at the Surfside, so even if it appears that your dates are not available, drop me an email and I will do my best to find you something! Aloha!
- On floor 2
- 680 sq. ft.
- 6 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
The oversized gourmet kitchen is spectacular! It is fully equipped with stainless steel Professional Series appliances, including side by side fridge/freezer with water and ice, flat top stove with five burners and warming drawer, quiet dishwasher, multi function microwave oven, garbage disposer and a variety of small appliances including coffee maker, coffee grinder, four slice toaster, blender, crock pot, rice maker and hand mixer. There is also a large selection of higher end pots and pans, baking pans, Henkle knives, BBQ tools, extensive spice rack and ample matching dishes, glasses and cutlery. The “corner sink design allows for maximum efficiency and working space. The island has a six foot eating ledge with three barstools....moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 8:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
Satellite / Cable:
In the living room, there is a large 47” flat screen LCD HD color TV with HD cable box, DVR, and an RCA surround sound receiver. In the bedroom, there is a wall mounted 32” flat screen LCD TV....moreless
- DVD Player
- CD Player
Lanai / Gazebo:
The large, private lanai has a glass bistro table with two heavily padded swivel rocker chairs – a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or a romantic oceanfront dinner! Turtles and dolphins can be seen year round, whales in season. This unit is among the closet to the ocean one bedroom units in all of Kihei or Wailea. The lanai is virtually hanging over the ocean!...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Haleakala National Park is home to Maui's highest peak. Rising 10,023 feet above sea level, Haleakala's graceful slopes can be seen from the south side of the building. Haleakala means 'house of the sun' in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the demigod Maui lassoed the sun from its journey across the sky as he stood on the volcano’s summit, slowing its descent to make the day last even longer...moreless
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Surf Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Location, Location, Location!
Location, Location, Location!
My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary by spending 10 days in this awesome property. The photos and description accurately describe the property, appearance and amenities. The property was clean and well-maintained. I would recommend this to others for many reasons. It is hard if not impossible to beat this location. Being on the 2nd floor just 10 steps to the ocean and walking distance to Kihei boat launch gave us a front row seat for watching turtles, dolphins, paddle boarders, wave runners, outriggers, boats and snorkelers go by. We also had a front row seat to watch the sunset every evening and eat dinner on the lanai while watching games of bocce ball and Frisbee on the beautifully maintained lawn before taking evening strolls on the beautiful Keawakapu beach around the corner. Although we snorkeled 7 different locations on Lanai and Maui (being this close to Wailea you have LOTS of great choices close by), the snorkeling just outside the condo and a short hike to Kamaole beach was great so try there first! We bought groceries at Costco and the nearby Safeway and cooked all our meals in the gourmet kitchen and found only a few things missing. We had a fabulous stay in unit #202 and I hope we get back there soon! Mahalo for sharing it with us!!
- Guest drbhome1 (Rancho Murieta, CA)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car.
Words cannot due this condo justice -- just like photos can't really do Hawaii justice! We truly enjoyed your beautiful condo! It was the PERFECT spot! Your condo was everything you promised - and so much more. We have rented VRBO many times, but your condo is by far the best we have experienced -- everything was there that we could have imagined we needed. The whole process couldn't have been any easier - the owners were superb to work with and they really have gone out of their way to ensure that everything we needed was there -- and beautiful! The view and beach access is absolutely perfect. We totally enjoyed snorkeling with the giant turtles and watching the dolphins from our balcony. We were fortunate to see a whale even this early in the season. We appreciated and used the beach chairs, boogie boards & snorkel equipment -- what a great 11 days! Thank you so much -- we can't wait to return for a longer visit!
- Guest 40th Anniversary (Elyria, Ohio)
- Date of stay 11/10/12
- Review Submitted 11/24/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
The past eight days have been heaven!Guest comment entered by owner
The past eight days have been heaven!
The view from opening the front door to the lanai is breathtaking! The condo is beautiful and we had an amazing time on the island! We will miss the sound of the surf crashing and the beautiful view the most! Thanks for sharing 202 with us. We hope to be back!
- Guest Lori and Paul - Stow, MA
- Date of stay 06/23/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
We had a great time on our honeymoon!Guest comment entered by owner
We had a great time on our honeymoon!
We stayed at Kaanapali and Hana, but unit 202 was the best of the bunch! We enjoyed watching the sunset each night from the lawn and the beach. We went snorkelling out in front of the building and saw a big school of Angel fish and an eel. Neither of us want to leave, but we hope to be back soon!
- Guest Daniel and Lauren - Irvine, CA
- Date of stay 06/14/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Aloha!Guest comment entered by owner
Thank you for the use of beautiful #202. We have been coming to the Kihei Surfside for 20 years and 202 and 206 are by far the mosy accomodating units. The kitchen is a dream and the bed is so comfortable! Thank you for everything, and you will be hearing from us soon!
- Guest Mike and Kristy - Overland Park, KS
- Date of stay 06/07/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Alooooooha!Guest comment entered by owner
Well, I'm sitting on the lanai this morning with my last cup of Maui coffee:( This was our second stay here at 202 and it was fanatstic. We have yet to find a nicer complex on the island! The proximity to the crashing surf, the huge yard, the friendly neighbors, the evening cocktails on the lawn at sunset - It is perfect! Thank you!
- Guest Rod and Mary Ann - Phoenix, AZ
- Date of stay 06/01/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Thank you for sharing this beautiful Condo!Guest comment entered by owner
Thank you for sharing this beautiful Condo!
We had 3 wonderful weeks playing in Maui! Paddleboarding and windsurfing were the highlights of our stay. We saw a lot of turtles. We hope to come back in the not too distant future. Mahalo!
- Guest Henry, Janet Cam & Ben - Errington, BC Canada
- Date of stay 05/18/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Unit 202 is Awesome!Guest comment entered by owner
Unit 202 is Awesome!
This for sure could be a home away from home for us. It really has everything we look for when on a holiday. Right beside a wondeful walking beach, watching and listening to the waves from the lanai, quiet beautiful surroundings with great friendly people! It was very nice to meet you Larry, Sharon and Makena. Larry, you are a gentleman, first class to deal with, great family:) Mahalo! for sharing this dream condo with us. We look forward to returning with our family and grand babies. Your kitchen is a cooks dream, on whole, the condo is tastefully decorated first class. Loved the art work. Best part: listening to the waveswatching stars from the lanai, the sunsets with a glass of red wine, fely very close to heaven!
- Guest Madonna and Randy, Grand Prairie, AB Canada
- Date of stay 04/03/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
Thank you for the hassle free booking!Guest comment entered by owner
Thank you for the hassle free booking!
You were wonderful to deal with! Room 202 was awesome! It had everything we needed, and we felt like we were at a five star resort with all the nice finishes. The view off the lanai was amazing and we will miss the view and the relaxing sound of the ocean waves. This was our first trip to Maui, but we hope it will not be our last. Some of our favorite things to do were - snorkel right off the reef in front; saw lots of fish and turtles! We enjoyed a few nights out, the aquarium, the road to Hana, the waterfalls were brilliant and the lush greenery was beautiful. What an amazing island! Mahalo for the wonderful and relaxing vacation!
- Guest Todd and Jan - Minnedosa, MB Canada
- Date of stay 01/19/12
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
We absolutely loved our time in #202!Guest comment entered by owner
We absolutely loved our time in #202!
We will be back for sure! Thanks for the hassle free booking!
- Guest Kristy & Nancy
- Date of stay 12/05/11
- Review Submitted 06/23/12
KS202 (Premium) Under 7 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jun 1 - Sept 30 $185-$205 $175-$195 $165-$185 $155-$175 $155-$175 Oct 1 - Dec 17 $205-$235 $195-$225 $185-$215 $175-$205 $165-$195 Dec 18 - Mar 31 $275-$295 $265-$285 $255-$275 $245-$265 $235-$255 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $195-$235 $185-$225 $175-$215 $165-$205 $155-$195 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax #W87353122-01) and $25 reservation fee. $85 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don't see your dates available, send me an email and I'll see what I can do-Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kahului (OGG) at 14.8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Keawakapu (voted Maui's msot romantic!) at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Five Palms (Maui's best happy hour!) at 40 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Wailea Blue Golf Course at 2.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Five Palms - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner at 40 Metres
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: Larry and Sharon Rosenberg are the owners of this property.
Why the Owner Chose Other Wailea Properties:
We have been coming to the Kihei Surfside since our honeymoon in 1983, when we rented this 202 unit. It is absolutely our favorite place on earth! We own 4 other units at the Surfside, and when this unit became available, we knew we had to buy it as these premium, closest to the ocean units in the building don't go up for sale very often!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We love spending the day at Keawakapu beach, which starts at our property and goes south for miles. It is one of the nicest, white powder sand beaches in all of Maui, and I have yet to find better snorkeling anywhere on the island than right out front of our place. We like to finish the day with a sunset cocktail, and then follow by cooking fresh meat and seafood on the professional series barbeque grills and eating our dinner under the tiki torches at the concrete picnic tables at the oceanfront.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 Happy to talk to you, but email is much faster!
- Secondary: (604) 541-9827 (British Columbia, Canada) Home #-Pacific Time - emergencies only please!
The view from the private lanai of KS202. Enjoy morning coffee, sunset cocktails
Bright Living room and lanai with full ocean view
Comfy ocean facing chair, 46" HD TV c/w HD cable box, surround sound, Blueray
Oceanfront Dining area c/w glass table and 4 armchairs
King bed c/w wall mounted flat scrn TV, ext lrg closet & multi speed ceiling fan
Why settle for a regular shower when you can have the full spa experience!
Watch whales from your private lanai! This photo was taken from the lanai of 202
Arial photo of building showing 2 acre lawn area & proximity to Keawakapu Beach
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Kihei Surfside putting green
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
Swim right out front with the local turtles!
Maple cabinets, granite counters, eating ledge & Professional Series appliances
New sofabed on 2010
Hallway buffet c/w laptop desk and free L/D calling & hi-speed Internet + wi-fi
Half bath c/e granite counet and Kohler toilet
master bath c/w granite counter, Kohler toilet and Pulse shower spa
You will never tire of this spectacular view from your private lanai in unit 202
Take a dip in the heated, oceanfront pool!
Sunset at the Surfside
Sunset over the pool
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Whale sighting! Pacific Whale Fndtn. uses our property 4 their annual whale coun
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 12, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Happy to talk to you, but email is much faster!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.