Luxury Accommodations, Kite, SUP, Windsurf, Fish
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Ventana house description
Casa Alta Mar is one of the deluxe rental houses located within Captain Kirk's resort at La Ventana.
Our private beach entrance limits the amount of people on our beach, and the water off of our beach is much less crowded for riding than anywhere else in La Ventana, which is especially sweet during peak tourist times.
Casa Alta Mar is designed in a unique Sante Fe style, and offers 2 master suites plus 2 additional bedrooms. A chefs delight gourmet kitchen includes top of the line stainless steel appliances, double door refrigerator, dishwasher,granite countertop, a huge island with utility sink and barstools. Adjacent to the kitchen is a furnished outdoor patio with BBQ with gorgeous views of La Ventana Bay.
Casa Alta Mar is located on a superb property 1/2 mile north of the public campground and provides amenities that only thoughtful development can bring. Immense Cardon Cacti (the 'King of Cacti') and palms tower about the site, interspersed with elephant trees and scores of other desert plants. Bird lovers will be especially surprised that Captain Kirk's could be a destination resort for the Audubon Society, sporting a full complement of both land and seabirds.
Casa Alta Mar is spread out over a large area so each guest gets a feeling of space and privacy, as well as a spectacular view of La Ventana Bay.
Hang out in your own space, or join other guests at the Clubhouse Cocina, the Captain's Deck, and of course the beach!
Your stay at Casa Alta Mar will be an unforgettable experience, filled with memories that will last forever. Come visit us in beautiful La Ventana for some fun in the sun!
We have more luxury casitas(studio w/bath,sleep 2-4 guests)and house rentals available at Captain Kirk's. Please email or call us for more information and more pictures. Ask us about special discounts for longer visits.
Keywords: Captain Kirks Vacation Rentals
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom #1 has king bed sleeps 2 and has a big view of La Ventana bay, private deck, private bathroom with double sinks., Queen size Beds (1) Master bedroom #2 has queen bed and private bathroom., Double Beds (1) Bedroom #3 has a full size bed., Twin or Single Beds (1) There is a queen futon in the living room., Baby Cribs (1) We have a nice soft fold out crib for babies....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- The Clubhouse Cocina, a fully equipped kitchen with a family room built right in, also includes an extra large BBQ outside on the patio. We serve a free Continental Breakfast from 8am - 10am here every day, and have some memorable dinner parties here as well. New for 2011 we will be offering a lunchbox for a minimal amount. Please let us know if you would like lunch included during your stay when you book with us. The Captain's Deck is right next to the Clubhouse Cocina, and is a great place to hang out and watch the water activities, sun bathe, read a book or take a nap. You can watch a movie on DVD in the evening, and we even have a fire pit at the Captain's Deck for those occasional chilly nights in January and February. Mountain bikes, sea kayaks, and snorkel gear are also included free of charge....moreless
- Wireless Internet
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Ocean View
- Mountain View
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- While staying at Casa Alta Mar, take a kite lesson from Captain Kirk's Kite School. Their 3 lesson program will get you up and riding with expert instruction from our IKO and PASA certified instructors. In addition, they also offer rentals of top quality windsurfing and SUPing (Stand Up Paddle boarding) gear, as well as demos of all the top brands in kite boarding. Other activities include golf, sport fishing, diving, spear fishing, and horseback riding....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Rates start from $300 (6 guests) Holidays start from $450 (6 guests) Our luxury casitas start from $110/nt(2 guests) Holidays start from $125/nt (2 guests)
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: La Paz at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: La Paz at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Bahia de Los Suenos at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 1994
About the owner: Kirk was born in Burlington, Vermont and has always loved sports and the great outdoors. After working for large corporations (Exxon, Panasonic, and Pitney Bowes) for 15 years, he got back to what he really wanted to do and founded Captain Kirk's Naturally Powered Sports in 1992. Kitty came to the USA from Holland in her little wooden shoes when she was just 10 years old, and kicked them off for a pair of flip flops - having fell in love with the beach and the great outdoors. We met right on the beach in La Ventana in 1994, where Kirk told Kitty that he was buying a beautiful piece of land in the most beautiful part of La Ventana, 1/2 mile north of the public campground. And so the story goes....we were married 4 years later and have created an enchanting piece of paradise for our guests to enjoy.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Casa Alta Mar is an enchanting place to relax after a fun day at the beach, you can sit inside or on your own private deck and watch the action on the water. Watch the sunrise from your bedroom. Step up to the rooftop with a margarita and watch the magic in the sky as the colors change with the setting sun. Star gaze at night, the air is extraordinarily clear and shooting stars are common. Stroll around the property with your camera in the morning and snap photos of an incredible variety of birds. Have a massage right in your home. Enjoy a free hot breakfast served at the Clubhouse cocina. Casa Alta Mar is located in the gated community of Captain Kirk's and has beach access that is not open to the general public, so there are no vendors selling trinkets and jewelry. We have other luxury casita and casa rentals available. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have and send out additional pictures of our other luxury accommodations.
- Primary: (310) 833-3397
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from patio outside of main living area. Just steps to the beach.
Center island in kitchen always a gathering place.
Dining area and front door entrance.
Beautiful teak patio furniture on the outdoor deck. Great for parties.
View from Master Suite #1. Master includes walk in closet, private deck.
Master bedroom #2 with queen bed.
Steps to the beach.
La Ventana Sunrise.
Taken from driveway. All living space is on the 2nd floor. Steps at left side.
Six burner gas stove. Plenty of counter space.
View from the living room to outdoor patio on your right.
Take in the views or sunbath in privacy on your deck.
Double sinks in master suite #1
Second bathroom with toilet and shower.
Aerial shot of Casa Alta Mar at Captain Kirk's Resort.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 21, 2013