Cabin with a View in Northern California, with Wifi
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cabin With a View in Northern California - American River Whitewater River Rafting
Location: Cabin with A View is located above the American River canyon and has a breathtaking view of the Sierra Nevada Mountains that captivates you the moment you enter. This country home is warm and spacious.
Directions: From Sacramento, take Highway 80 East 15 miles past Auburn. Exit at Weimar Cross, and stay to the right. You will reach a stop sign at Ponderosa Rd. and turn right. Further details will be sent to you after reservation is completed.
Accommodations: The 3 BR/2 BA house is bright with high ceilings and natural light in every room.
• Amenities include air conditioning, heating, and a wood-burning stove for your comfort.
• The cabin features three bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with a tub and the other with a shower only. One bedroom has a queen bed, and the other two have two single beds each. The living room has two sleeper beds that open to add two more queen beds that sleep two each. (Sleeps 8-10 people).
• A full kitchen and dining area will make your stay cozy and allow you to entertain guests. It is a short 15-minute drive to the restaurants and shops in Colfax to the northeast or Auburn to the west.
• There is an outdoor patio area where you can sit and sip your tea or coffee, enjoy the view, and just relax. The evening brings quiet and beauty. This is a great spot for star gazing.
• The cabin is tastefully decorated with comfortable furniture. Linens and towels are provided.
This cabin is an ideal place to relax and take in the beauty of the majestic mountains across the canyon. Your stay will calm your mind and spirit. This is a perfect place to get away from stress, enjoy nature, and have a good time. It is also a great destination for personal and corporate retreats or artistic inspiration.
Due to its size, the cabin is ideal for families or a group of adventurous adults.
DON'T LET THE LOW PRICE OF $125.00 PER NIGHT SUGGEST THAT THIS PLACE ISN'T GREAT. WE WOULD RATHER RENT IT THAN HAVE IT SIT EMPTY.
• The American River is 10 minutes from the cabin. Its a popular destination for white water rafting, especially during the peak months of May through September. Raft rentals and/or group rafting tours are available in the nearby towns of Weimar and Auburn.
• Other popular attractions in the area include hiking, cycling and gold panning.
• Golf courses in Auburn host picturesque views and host players of all levels.
• Tahoe and Reno are to the east on Interstate 80. Tahoe, only 69 miles (111 km) down the road, is a popular destination for outdoor adventurers throughout the four seasons. The casinos of Reno are only 87 miles (140 km) from the cabin.
• Auburn, known as the 'Endurance Sports Capital of the World,' is 15 minutes to the West. Between June and October. The Tevis Cup horse race and the Western States 100 Mile (160 km) Endurance Run highlight Auburn as a center of endurance sports events.
• Sacramento is 45 minutes to the west, and San Francisco is a short drive of 2 1/2 hours. Both of these nearby cosmopolitan cities host international airports and car rentals. They are also hubs for dining and entertainment.
• Rollins Lake is only 15 minutes to the northeast, near the town of Colfax. Swimming and boating are popular in the summer.
• Winter sports like snow boarding and skiing are available in nearby Tahoe. Ski resorts such as Boreal are as close as 45 minutes away.
Summary of Activities (on site or nearby):
Rafting Jet Skiing
Boating Downtown Alpine Skiing
Biking Cross Country Skiing
$125.00/night plus 8% tax up to 2 people. $25.00 each additional guest (over 16 yrs. of age). $10.00 each child under 16 yrs. of age.
I love pets and welcome small dogs. $10/night, $50 Refundable deposit, check with owner about the Pet Policy.
$250.00 Refundable Security Deposit.
Check in time is 4 pm. Check out time is 12 noon.
Date available: Year Round
Before contacting us, please check our calendar for your desired dates.
INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDED.
Entertainment: Due to the ‘rustic’ and natural quiet and peaceful setting of the cabin, the entertainment area may be limited.
Washer/Dryer: There is W/D on premises, for your personal laundry, bring your own laundry detergent.
• Bedding, Blankets, Towels, Soap and Clean Sheets.
• Basic toiletries like shampoo & body wash are provided, bring your own hair dryer.
• Kitchen: Cooking Utensils provided. Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster, Blender, Salt, pepper & cooking oil are there for you convenience.
• Deck/Patio with tables ,chairs and Weber BBQ.
• Tree swings
• Fenced in area for children and small animals
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
I love pets and I encourage you to bring them along. I charge $15 per night with a $50 refundable deposit. The pet policy is that you leave the house with no sign of having a pet being there. A $15.00 cleaning fee is added for extra time for the house cleaner. ...morecollapse
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 6-10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- 2.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Covered Parking
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Children's tire swing, and fenced play area.
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Jet Skiing
Many local wine tours and gold panning / gold mining tours and activities. Photography and natural wildlife tours. Historic tours including: Railroad, mining, native American Indians, Spanish Missions, many small local historic town districts. Easy access to all forks of the American River and within 5 miles of Rollins Lake....morecollapse
ReviewsWrite a review
Cabin With a View
Cabin With a View
Quiet and dark at night, a million stars. Beautiful view during the day. The price was way more than reasonable. Will likely be there again next year.
- Guest Paul and Rebecca
- Date of stay 07/23/12
- Review Submitted 08/09/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
A starry night!
A starry night!
We stayed here for a few weeks while we waited for our furniture to be delivered to the new house we were moving to. The house is comfortable and well appointed. It is in a very peaceful area with lots of stars to see at night. From this location you can explore Colfax or Auburn very easily. There is also a rafting company very close by for a fun family adventure. The beds are comfortable. The showers work well. The washer and dryer were very convenient. The kitchen had all the basics you would need. And the owner was very accommodating about us bringing our large dog.
- Guest Alexandra
- Date of stay 06/11/12
- Review Submitted 07/19/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children.
We recently spent three days at the Colfax Cabin with a View. The home was immaculate and we were able to enjoy a very quiet and serene weekend getaway. Some family members came for the day and we were able to enjoy a wonderful barbeque with the spectacular view from the deck. We were also able to attend a classic car show in Colfax that weekend and a home and garden show in Auburn on the way home. The home was very clean with all the ammenities and we had great communication with the owner who was available at all times to answer any questions. Overall, we had a terrific weekend and I would highly recommend the Colfax cabin to anyone looking to get away and enjoy the beauty of the High Sierras.
- Guest Chris
- Date of stay 05/18/12
- Review Submitted 06/01/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing.
I was looking for a romantic vacation home in which to surprise my wife. The "cabin with a view" met and exceded my expectations. We both had a wonderful time from enjoying the view during the day and star gazing at night. The cabin was very clean and met all of our needs. We only had to buy our food, and of course, a couple of bottles of wine and we were all set for the weekend. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful and even recommended a local realator at our request so we could explore the area. I highly recommend this cabin, and we will be sure to return when in the area.
- Guest Romantic
- Date of stay 04/19/12
- Review Submitted 04/29/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Charming house in a quiet location, about 10 mins. from the highway exit, easy to get to. Enjoyed the tire swings, beautiful view and watching the neighbor's horses! Cabin was a bit cold when we arrived and didn't heat up right away so it was a bit cold at night. Temperature was perfect when we woke up in the morning. Good size cabin for a family of 6
- Guest adm
- Date of stay 03/19/12
- Review Submitted 04/05/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing.
just as described
just as described
we stayed here while our son and his family were moving into their new place. clean and very good for our family needs. the baby and his mom spent the days with me while the "men" built shelves etc at the new place. we all had dinner together and then we got to relax and look at the lovely view. owner was easy to work with.
- Guest happy family
- Date of stay 03/04/12
- Review Submitted 03/12/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway.
The cabin is conveniently located just off Hwy 80. It is close to both Colfax and Dutch Flatts. If you like a nontraditional down home type of vacation, this cabin and area is for you. Both my husband and myself enjoy exploring local handouts and meeting local people. We had drinks at the Red Frog in Colfax which also has a fantastic view to enjoy if you choose to sit outside in the back. From there, we checked out a local thrift store and then went back to the cabin to enjoy some cheese and sour dough bread off the back porch, before we headed out again. Dinner was another great experience at the Monta Vista Inn off the Dutch Flatts exit. Great food with local singing entertainment. The cabin is not fancy but has all the needed amenities. We will definitely come back to check out more local sites!
- Guest nature lover
- Date of stay 02/03/12
- Review Submitted 02/06/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing.
cabin with a view
cabin with a view
We had a wonderful time at "Cabin With a View". We would recommend coming here! The view out of the patio door is awesome! I love whispering pines....don't you?!
- Guest grampa & gramma
- Date of stay 12/24/11
- Review Submitted 01/17/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing.
Our Fun at the Cabin with a View
Our Fun at the Cabin with a View
The Cabin with a View is comfortable and friendly, located in a beautiful part of the Sierra foothills. The rooms are large and have enough space for multiple activities, i.e. adults reading, kids playing. The yard and surrounding landscape are perfect for walks and exploration and we took many hikes looking for sticks and rocks and little (and big) creatures. We had lots of fun on the two big tire swings! Visiting nearby Colfax, Auburn and the gold mine added fun and we ended our trip by visiting friends at Donner Lake, just 45 minutes away, when there is no snow! And, watching the sun rise out the east window is inspiring.
- Guest Grandma
- Date of stay 12/29/11
- Review Submitted 01/07/12
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, sightseeing.
Perfect wind down
Perfect wind down
Very good place to wind down. I am in the military and this place was what I needed. Clean, and has everyhing I wanted. The only thing missing was an outside fire pit but the veiw both day and night was pleasent. The other thing that topped the experiance was when I recieved a miltary discount that was not advertised. I would go back again.
- Guest WOLFMAN
- Date of stay 12/14/11
- Review Submitted 12/17/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, girls getaway.
$125/night for first 2 people. Two Night Minimum.Add 15% to cost for one night. $25 for each additional guest (over 16 yrs) $10 per night for each child under 16 $250 Refundable Security/Cleaning Deposit.Owner deducts $50 for cleaning. Small pets are welcome and we have fenced yards for them. $50 Deposit.$10 per nt. Please look at our other two properties VRBO# 341062 and VRBO# 324135 You can view all three houses at www.SierraFoothillsLodging.com Payment by check is preferred when there is enough time for U.S. Mail Paypal & Credit Cards have transaction fees and are the second choice of payment.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: I have been offering affordable lodging since 2009 starting with my 'Cabin with a View.' The 'Little White House' opened for business in December 2010, followed by the opening of the 'Orchard House' in May 2011.
Why the Owner Chose Colfax:
This house was my weekend getaway in 2006. I used it to escape my busy life in San Fransisco. I began living there full-time in 2007, and then moved closer to my daughter's school in Colfax. It was the perfect time to make this house a vacation rental, so that others could enjoy the beautiful setting surrounding this house. This canyon-view house is perfect for rafting on the American River, and it is great for hikers, bikers, and adventure-seekers who want to escape from the busy city life.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This lovely home is in a country setting, with wide, sweeping views of the Sierras and canyons. It is a calm place for relaxing in the country. There is plenty of space for RV and boat parking, as well as a kid-friendly fenced in yard and tire swings out back. It is pet-friendly and located near all the wonderful attractions Placer County has to offer.
- Primary: (530) 305-4050 (California, USA)
Links to more information:
Back view of house with fenced patio, allowing kids a safe play area.
Spacious and open great room with high ceilings and a fabulous view.
Well-lit bedroom with queen bed.
Two bathrooms, for your convenience.
Clean, open kitchen.
view from the back patio
A spacious, tree-studded yard to entertain and let children play.
A guest bedroom with two twin beds, perfect for children.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, March 27, 2013