VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
You sent a message to this owner.
- This is our Personal 3BDM, 3BATH Custom-Built Home (duplex)
- We Only Rent Occasionally:
* Select Holidays and Special Events
3 BDRM, 3BATH - Each Bdrm is located on a Separate Level (Master Suite on Top Level)
- Great for Privacy
- Ideal for 2 Couples OR a Family w/ 2 older children (Minimum 12 yrs. old)
- Not suitable for family with young children under 12 yrs/old.
- Sleeps maximum of 5
(Sofa does not make into a bed.
No Sleeping allowed on floors, balconies, lounge chairs
- Architecturally Innovative & Stylish inside and out.
- Tastefully Furnished for a Professional Couple with No children
- Nestled on a premier, private homesite along the highly-sought Gore Creek River.
Friends & neighbors envy our beautiful setting and magnificent views!
- Renters' feedback & comments we frequently hear include
'We loved the open & airy floor plan, and all the sunlight"
'We loved being on the river and the views are spectacular'
" The bedrooms on a separate levels worked great for us & our 2 high school kids.
" We barely used our rental car because the Bus Stop was so close and easy to use
plus you're so close to everything."
" Everything was so well organized - all the labels you put on cabinet doors &
drawers it make it so easy to find everything we needed.'
- Lots of Large Windows Capture Views of the Mountain slopes and Beautiful Vail
Valley, plus . . . - The Gore Creek River IS THE BACKYARD.
* The sight and sounds of a flowing river is like having the Symphony in your own
* NOTE: the Icy-Cold River is a Serious Safety Hazard for children -- we do NOT accept
children under the age of 12 because.
- the back yard is NOT Fenced
- If a child walks 30 feet from the house to the river and slips & falls into the ICY-
COLD, SWIFT-MOVING water, there's minimal chance of survival.
(Death by hyper-thermia or getting knocked-out if he/she hits their head on a rock
- VERY CONVENIENT, CLOSE-IN LOCATION with
EASY ACCESS TO MOST EVERYTHING
- Only a 275' walk on a Flat asphalt Street to the FREE Shuttle Bus (Save $25/day in
Parking Fees during Ski Season) The Shuttle comes every 30 minutes in the Winter &
40-mins. in Summer & Fall.
- SPECTACULAR VIEWS OF MOUNTAINS,
* THE HIGHLY-SOUGHT GORE CREEK RIVER &
* THE BEAUTIFUL VAIL VALLEY!
LOTS OF WINDOWS; LOTS OF SUNSHINE
- If you like Lots of Sunshine, our home is located
in the Sunny Side of Vail-specifically,West Vail S.
* Most homes in other areas of Vail feel dark &
dreary inside by 3PM as the sun is blocked by the
mountains as it starts to go down.
BENEFITS OF OUR LOCATION
- Located in the SUNNY AREA OF VAIL
- Minimal Freeway Noise compared to homes located Above the interstate.
- Our Home site sits below I-70 plus the sounds of the river in the back yard muffles road noise; Plus
- Most every room in the house looks at the Scenic River (except the guest room and one window in the master bathroom -- they both look down Valley (which is a scenic view to the west).
Is PRIVACY in your Bedroom Important to You?
- EACH of the 3 Bedrooms is Located on a
SEPARATE LEVEL of the home
- A King-sized Vaulted Master Suite on the Upper
* Environmentally-Friendly Gas-Burning Fireplace
- the 'On/Off Switch' conveniently located on the
wall by the Nightstand
* NEW Flat-Screen TV in Master Bedroom Suite;
* Paddle Ceiling Fan with Light
- Queen-sized Guest Bdrm on the Main Level
looks 'down Valley', plus
- Queen-sized Guest 'En-suite' on the Lower-Level (ground level) off the Entry Foyer with a View of the River - even from Bed- from two walls of glass
* It has a Private Access Door to a Wrap-Around
Deck & the River is just 25 - 30' beyond.
BEWARE: Due to each bedroom's location & the number of stairs to the different levels, this home is NOT Suitable for
- Children under 12 yrs/old or
- Anyone with Leg and/or Knee Problems
SHORT, QUICK & EASY 275' WALK on a Flat asphalt street to the FREE SHUTTLE BUS & Shelter
- Less than 1/4 block walk on a Flat asphalt street
- Free Bus comes every 30 minutes in the winter; 40 minutes during the summer & fall
* SAVE $25/Day in Parking Fees!
- Only a 3 to 15 Minute Bus ride to a Quad-Chair
Lift and Two Gondolas (1 in Lionshead Village
and 1 in Vail Village)
- The Free Bus Route takes you Most Anywhere
you want to go in the Villages and to access the
MAIN LEVEL features
- Vaulted Open-Style Kitchen and Informal Dining
area plus Great Room/Living Room
- Great Room/Kitchen/Dining All Flow Together which makes for easy conversation.
* Hardwood Flooring
* Lots of Glass including Two Enormous
Trapezoid-shaped Windows that provide
Breathtaking Views and lots of Sunlight.
The Vaulted Kitchen features
- Huge Trapezoid Window
- Center Island with Breakfast Bar with 3 Swivel
Bar Stools that Seats 3
- Slab Granite Countertops with a Double-thick
Chiseled Edge in rich golden & black tones
- Full 'Subway' Travertine Tile Backsplash
- Two Pantry Closets stocked with
* several choices of Cookware & Serving Dishes
* Baking Pans & Cookie Sheets
* Blender, Food Processor,
* Slow-Cooker (Crock Pot)
* Spices and Lots, Lots More.
- BOSCH Dishwasher (so quiet you don't know
- NEW Side-by-Side Refrigerator in Stainless Steel
finish plus Ice & Water Dispensers in the door
- Self-Cleaning Electric Jennaire Downdraft Range
- 1,000 Watt Microwave
- NEW 'Weber' Outdoor Gas Grill
Vaulted Informal Dining area
- Two Walls of Windows with Magnificent Views
- Table Seats Up To 6 (but more Comfortable for 4
as dining area is a bit tight)
Cozy Living/Great Room
- Seats 5-6 around a NEW Gas Log Fireplace
- Perfect Room for Conversation, Watching TV &
Movies and listening to a variety of Digital Music
- A Full-View Glass Door Opens to a Large Wrap-
Around Deck w/ Gas BBQ Grill & a Slab-Granite
- Patio Table (w/ Leaf) and Umbrella, Seats 6
* A delightful setting for summer BBQ's,
watching Sunsets and enjoying the sights &
sounds of Gore Creek River.
- The Main Level Queen-size Guest Bedroom w/
- view of the mountainside and Vail Valley
- a separate 3/4 Bath (Shower Stall w/ Clear
Glass Enclosure & hinged Door - No Tub)
- 'Honed' slate tile vanity top & flooring NOTE: Visitors/Renters typically use this bathroom when watching TV in the Living/Great Room, Cooking or Eating at the Bar or Table .
From the heated 1-Vehicle Heated Garage you enter onto Slate-tiled Foyer with a
- Guest Coat Closet w/ storage rack for shoes and
hanging shelf for gloves, goggles & stocking caps
- Hammered Brass Box containing Slippers to
pamper your feet (especially nice after a day on
the slopes) & protect hardwood floor from
- Nearly-New Whirlpool 'Duet' Stacked, Full-Size
Washer & Dryer behind a folding Door
Entry Level also Features a Private Guest En-Suite with
- Fabulous View of the Gore Creek River from BED
- Newly Updated Full Bath w/ Granite countertop,
Tile Floor, faucets & light fixture
* a private commode and Tub/Shower
combination in a private room
- Built-in Wet Bar w/ Granite Countertop and Sink
* Coffee Maker and Electric Hot Water Pot
- TV, DVD/VCR
- Two Walls of Windows with Lovely View of the
Gore Creek River
- a Full-View Glass Door opens to a Wrap-Around
* Cafe' Table & two Chairs to enjoy your morning
coffee/tea or lunch in the summer while taking
in the sights & sounds of the River located just
30' from the Deck.
NOTE: Guests rave about the comfort of the bed and they Love watching and listening to the Gore Creek River while lying in bed or sitting on the Deck.
The UPPER LEVEL showcases a Private and Spacious King-size Master Suite with
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Huge Windows view the Gore Creek and Mountains
- Large Walk-In Closet w/ a cedar border, 2 sets of
drawers, a bank of shelves and 2 Luggage Racks
- Enjoy the NEW FlatscreenTV and the Sounds of
the Gore Creek while on the comfortable King-size
Bed or sitting in the reading chair.
The Luxurious Master Bath is Highly-Appointed with
- Heated Tile Flooring
- Dual Sinks in a 6' Vanity with Granite Countertop
* Base Cabinets Plus a Bank of Drawers.
- His & Hers Medicine Cabinets
- Two-Person Oval Jetted Tub
- Separate Fully-Tiled Shower Stall with a European
Frameless Clear-Glass Enclosure.
- Expansive Windows Views Mountains & Vail Valley
Each Bedroom is located on a Separate Level - Great for Privacy (The Spacious, Vaulted Master Suite is on the Upper Level)
Professional Couple's Personal Home Only Offered for Occasional Rental. It was NOT purchased or Furnished to be an income/rental property.
Owner has NO Kids or Pets and No smoking has been allowed in the house.
Every room has been recently updated or remodeled - It's NOT your Typical 'tired & worn' rental property'.
Very Tastefully Decorated and Furnished with
- Granite Countertops
- Hardwood, Slate, Tile Flooring
- BRAND NEW CARPET in all Bedrooms and Closets
Lots of Huge Windows, Vaulted Ceilings, innovative architecture
Located in the 'Sunny' area of Vail on a private lot surrounded by tall pine trees - not in a noisy condo/townhouse complex.
Spectacular Setting along the Gore Creek River.
Professionally landscaped with terraced walls built with huge boulders.
Walls of Glass view the Gore Creek River, Mountainsides & beautiful Vail Valley beyond
STRICTLY-ENFORCED! If there is any sign or smell of any kind of smoking, on the premises or inside the property, Tenant may be Evicted; ALL Deposits Shall be FORFEITED and FINES will be imposed to cover Owner's costs to restore premises accordingly....moreless
NOT safe for children under 12 years/old because of Several Safety Issues, including but not limited to. the following: 1) home/property borders the Gore Creek River, which is ICE-COLD and often has a Swift-Moving Current; 2) it's a 3-level floor plan - master suite is on the top level and each guest bedroom is located on a separate level below; 3) The lower-level guest suite has a private access door to a deck and it is 30' from the cold River. NOTE: Due to swift, loud current of River; a child could walk out of the house and go down to the river w/out the parents knowledge which are safety hazards!...moreless
- NO ANIMALS OF ANY TYPE allowed anywhere on Premises or inside Property - NO SMOKING of ANY KIND, including Marijuana anywhere on the Premises or the Property. Owner has the legal right to regulate Marijuana use that can be seen and/or smelled as a Nuisance. The fact that people may be legally entitled to smoke marijuana in Colorado does NOT mean they can do it wherever they want. ...moreless
Over-sized, HEATED Garage with Keyless Entry. A 'Pop-up' van or a 'Topper' on a SUV or a Truck will NOT clear the 7' 2' High Garage Door In which case must park in driveway directly behind the overhead garage door of owner's single garage....moreless
Parking in driveway for ONE standard-length vehicle only. An 'extended' Pick-up truck would block neighbor's access to their garage. A van w/ pop-up top will not clear the 7'2' H overhead garage door...moreless
UPDATED June 2010 Slab GRANITE Countertops with double-wide 'Chiseled' Edges, Full Wall 'Subway' Travertine Backsplash, Lg. Under-Mount Dual Bowl Sink w/ Gourmet Pull-Out Faucet & Spray + 2 Pumps - 1 for for Dish Soap and 1 for Hand Soap....moreless
Two Large WRAP-AROUND Decks with serene setting overlooking the Gore Creek River with Spectacular VIEWS of the Mountains covered w/ mature Pines & Aspen Trees and the beautiful Vail Valley beyond...moreless
5/23/13 - 9/22 $425/Night, 4-Night Minimum; 5-Night Min.July 4 & LaborDay Holidays 9/23/13 - 11/17/13 and 3/31/14 - 4/21/14 $375/night, 4-Night Minimum 11/18/13 - 12/20/13 $500/night, 4-Night Minimum except 5-Night Thankgiving Holiday 12/21/13 - 1/5/14 $650/Night,6-Night Minimum during Xmas & NewYear Holidays 1/6/14 - 2/25/14 $550/Night, 5-Night Minimum during Presidents'Weeks 2/26 - 03/31/13 $500/Night, 5-Night Minimum during Spring Break Weeks Add $135 Cleaning Fee for All Stays; $1,000 Security/Damage Deposit Required Copy of Valid Driver's Licenses and Name & Age of Each Occupant Required
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Two Major Grocery Markets, Safeway and City Market, Starbuck's Coffee, Liquor Stores, Restaurants: May's Palace for Excellent Chinese Food; Bone Fish Grill; W.Vail Cafe - Vail's best Breakfast plus Fast-Food Chain McDonald's; Convenience Stores: Ace Hardware, UPS/U.S. Postal Service, Sporting Goods, Bank...MoreCollapse
Blue Ribbon Catch & Release Trout Fishing on the Gore Creek river in our backyard.
Just 50' to the Walking & Biking asphalt Trail to nearby Donavan Park, Cascade Village, Lionshead Restaurants, Bars, Shops, Library, Dobson Ice Arena & a Gondola provides access to the mountain to ski, snow shoe, hike, shop. Continue 1/2 mile east to Vail Village and enjoy more shopping, art galleries & restaurants, the Gerald Ford Outdoor Theater + the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens & on to East Vail to Vail's premier 18-hole Golf Course.
Drive West to Minturn for White Water Rafting, casual Shopping & Rustic Restaurants; Eagle-Vail for Golfing & on to Beaver Creek with an outdoor Ice Skating Rink, Escalator to the chair lift & ticket office for more World-Class Skiing, Upscale Shopping & Dining, Snow-Shoe + great Hiking Trails.
About the owner: Professional couple in early 60's, no children, no pets. - He grew up on a farm in Michigan, She was raised in North Dakota. They met at an athletic club in Denver and have been married 27 years. - He works in the IT industry. During his 30 year career he's worked at IBM, JD Edwards, Sun Microsystems, Cisco & now Sungard. She retired after 35 years in the new housing industry in Denver, CO. She spent the final 10+ years of her career as a senior-level executive for a division of the largest national home builder in America. His passion is snow skiing and he is a part-time Ski instructor for Vail Resorts. During the summer and fall they hike and gather edible mushrooms; take walks and bike rides on the asphalt trail located just 50' from the front door; fish in the Gore Creek river located in the back yard and he plays golf occasionally They start their mornings by reading the Free Vail Daily newspaper by the fireplace or along the bank of the Gore Creek River (she calls it 'our Beach'), depending on the season.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
- The SETTING and AMBIANCE of living on the Gore Creek river provide endless pleasure year 'round - CLOSE-IN and Convenient Location - SUNNY area of Vail (other areas in Vail are in shade most of the day because the mountains block the sunshine) - PRIVACY & Peaceful setting (Unlike homes located on the mountainsides elevated above I - 70 which hear a lot of Freeway noise). - Only One neighbor (Unlike being in a noisy condo/townhouse complex) - STEPS to the FREE SHUTTLE which Saves $25.00/day in Parking Fees WE LOVE VAIL . . . WHY? - THE BEST & Largest SKI MOUNTAIN in North America - The magical SWISS AMBIANCE of the town of Vail with its numerous fantastic Restaurants and Shops. Vail reminds us of our favorite vacations in Austria & Switzerland. - A Wealth of Outdoor Activities to chose from year around - The Weather is usually Great, the Sun Shines most every day and Vail has very low humidity. - Year-round line up of entertainment at the Ford Amphitheater in Vail and the Vilar Center in Beaver Creek) - STEPS to scenic Walking & Biking Trails - Two blocks to the Event Center at Donavan Park. - 1 Mile to Lionshead & the Gondola - 2 1/2 miles to Vail Village, Gerald Ford Amphitheater & Betty Ford Gardens - 4 miles to East Vail Golf Course - Great Fishing, Sunbathing and Picnics in our back yard along the Gore Creek river - Numerous scenic Hiking Trails 5 - 30 minutes away - Spectacular Fireworks Displays in nearby Avon and Vail during the 4th of July holiday.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
- Magnificent Ambiance on the Gore Creek + Spectacular View of Mountains and the Vail Valley. - Privacy of Guest Bedrooms each located on separate levels below the Master Suite - Private lot Surrounded by Tall Pine Trees, Tiered-Stone Walls with blankets of Wild Flowers - Two Wrap-around Decks overlooking Gore Creek are perfect for outdoor entertaining, dining and watching Sunsets. -Impressive Exterior and Interior Architectural Style. - Innovative, light, bright and airy design with Walls of Windows that capture Views and bring in lots of Sunshine. - Interior is tastefully decorated with a warm color scheme that provides a cozy ambiance. Open-style Kitchen, Informal Dining and Great Room w/ Fireplace are perfect for socializing and provide an intimate and cozy ambiance. Love the privacy of all 3 Bedrooms and baths being located on Separate Levels. Heated Garage for parking and comfort in the winter plus room for storage. Full-size Washer/Dryer at entry level so we don't share with anyone or have to haul laundry to the laundry mat.
3 MIN.TO SKI; EASY 275' WALK to FREE BUS; LOTS OF WINDOWS, GREAT LOCATION
NEW Living Room Furniture, Art, Accessories, Paint & Hardwood Flooring Stain
Partial View of Kitchen, Staircase, Hall to Pantry, Main-Level Guest Bedrm, Bath
Updated Kitch w/Slab Granite Counters, Full Travertine Backsplash, BOSCH D/W
Master Suite on private upper-level;View of River & Mtn;New Frplc & Flatscreen
Master Bath w/ Jetted Tub, Separate Shower, 2 Lavs, Granite Vanity, Heated Floor
En-Suite's two Walls of Windows capture views of River, Wet Bar, Micro, Mini Ref
Open the windows & Listen to the sounds of the Gore Creek River
CUSTOM-BUILT DUPLEX, ON RIVER, 3 - 15 MIN. TO MOST EVERYTHING
NEWLY Furnished Living Rm Open To Vaulted Kitch & Dining Area. Lots of windows
Enjoy Fireplace & watching TV in Cozy Living Room
Lots of light & Magnificent Views. NEW Dining Table & Chairs not shown.
Lg.Trapezoid Windows bring in Lots of Light to Kitchen, Dining & Great Room
New Fireplace and Flat Screen TV at Master Bedroom Suite
Private Queen Guest Suite on entry level w/ Full Bath, Wet Bar, TV/DVD
Queen Bedroom on Main Level with Desk; View of Mtns & beautiful Vail Valley
View from Master Bedroom, Great Rm, Dining, Guest Suite & 2 Lg. Decks
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, April 28, 2015
(303) 957-8350 (Colorado, USA)
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.