Modern Cambridge Massachusetts Mansion
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cambridge house description
Stunning Unique 1896 Neo-Federalist Mansion. Approximately 6000 square feet on a lot nearly 1/2 acre in size. In the prestigious Professor's Row section of Cambridge, steps from the Harvard campus and easy walking distance to Harvard Square. Fully restored for modern living in 2007-2008, including a built-in stereo system throughout the house.
– Enter into a breathtaking three-floor high entry, center hallway flanking a large living room on one side, dining room on other, both with fireplaces.
– First floor rear anchored by a chef's kitchen that opens through a wall of windows onto the lush outdoor terrace and huge backyard - kitchen has carerra marble counters, all custom bleached wood cabinetry, top of the line appliances including Sub-Zero wine refrigerator and ice maker, pantry cabinets wrapping around to side entrance and mudroom.
– A large family room with fireplace that opens on to a back deck - and a separate powder room - complete the first floor.
– Second floor features a large library with custom built-in shelving, a separate private office opening on to private deck, both with fireplaces, and a private powder room.
– Second floor full en suite guest area with fireplace, completely new bathroom, and large closets.
– Second floor is completed by two "maid's rooms" that can be converted to children's bedrooms or used for storage.
– Third floor master suite includes:
• stunning master bedroom with fireplace and built in sound system
• completely new luxurious master bath with soaking tub and glass-enclosed shower opening to
• a private gym with built in water-filtered sink, Sub-zero refrigerator drawers, sound system,
and mounted television
• full built-in custom-designed separate dressing room
-Third floor also includes a second en suite bedroom with fireplace and bath
-Third floor is completed with a full laundry
-Large basement will hold all storage
-Single car garage at the end of a long driveway that accommodates several more cars
-Significant landscaped back yard with several terrace levels
-All on a quiet one-block long side street
In all, currently set up with 3 en suite bedrooms each with its own full bath with the possibility of converting maids' rooms to extra bedrooms. Living room, dining room, kitchen, library, office, family room, gym, 2 additional powder rooms, 8 fireplaces in total (3 wood burning, 5 decorative).
The house is furnished with mid-century modern furnishings and art and has been published in design magazines.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 5-8
- King size beds (1), Double Beds (1)
Bathrooms: 3.75 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Wood Fireplace
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- This 6000 square foot house has 3 separate bedroom suites, a gym, a dressing room, a full library/conference room, an office, formal living, dining room, TV room, modern kitchen, 8 fireplaces (3 wood burning, 5 decorative). Entire house re-done in 2007 - everything like new - with built-in stereo system throughout house....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
- Free Long Distance
- Broadband Access
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Sight Seeing
- Basketball Court
- Fitness Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$5,000/week; $12,000/month (negotiable) I do not rent for less than the one-week price. The property is available for the Boston Marathon and during graduation season at a rate of $10,000 for 1-7 nights with no more than 6 adults/children.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Kitchen from pantry
Kitchen from backyard
Gym/Dressing Room/Master Bath
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.75 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.