T.P.'S Place on the Stunning Aqua Blue Waters of Torch Lake
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Torch Lake Township house description
You will discover T.P.'s Place on the east shore of Torch Lake. The home is set on 100 feet of shoreline at the end of a gently winding drive. T.P.'s Place was custom built to focus on comfortable living and the beauty of the lake. Stunning sunset views can be enjoyed from almost every room.
The vaulted great room is the center of this home. It boasts a one and a half story ceiling with a natural stone fireplace giving it the classic Northern Michigan feel. Upstairs, the master bedroom suite offers a private bath with soaking tub and access to the balcony overlooking the lake. This home has all the amenities plus the private Torch Lake waterfront you will love.
Torch Lake is ranked one of the most beautiful lakes in the world with crystal clear water and a stunning aqua blue tint reminiscent of more tropical climates. The lake itself is 19 miles long by about 1 1/2 wide. It offers access to extensive recreational boating on 'the chain of lakes' which includes: Lake Bellaire, Grass River, Clam Lake, Torch Lake, Torch River, Skegemog Lake, and Elk Lake. This navigable water way totals some 65 square miles beautiful scenery. Fishing opportunities include, Lake Trout, Bass, pan fish and in 2009 the State Record Muskie was caught in Torch Lake. The Torch Lake sand bar is a popular anchorage at the southern tip of the lake. This unique feature offers boaters the perfect location to swim, play Frisbee, volleyball, or just enjoy relaxing on the boat. The Grass River and Skegamog Nature Preserves, the Villages of; Bellaire, Alden, and Elk Rapids are all accessible by water and provide extensive hiking, shopping, and dining opportunities.
Shows, festivals, restaurants, and shopping are available in Traverse City, Charlevoix, Petoskey, and the Leelanau Peninsula, all within an hours drive. Mackinac Island, Sleeping Bear Dunes, Beaver Island, and a variety of lighthouses are a little further but well worth the trip. This home is perfectly situated to provide access to all the magnificent beauty that Northern Michigan has to offer.
Keywords: House, waterfront, cottage, Torch Lake
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- The Master bedroom suite has a queen size bed, private bath, and slider to front balcony overlooking the lake. The back bedroom has a new queen size bed and is right next to the second bathroom. The loft overlooks the family room and offers a new Full size bed and slider to the front balcony overlooking the lake. There are also two single folding beds (roll-aways) available for use wherever they are needed....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The Torch Lake Sand Bar: No summer would be complete without a visit to the Torch Lake Sand Bar. A unique shallow area on the South tip of the lake where a large number of boats congregate. Many visitors take advantage of the shallow, sometimes ankle deep, water to swim, play frisbee, volleyball, or take a stroll to the floating snack bar. Ski boat, pontoons, and jet skis are avialble to rent from several area marinas. Traverse City: A short drive south will bring you to Downtown Traverse City, various winery tours on Old Mission Penninsula, or an afternoon at Horse Shows by the Bay. Horesback riding is available at Ranch Rodolph in the scenic Boardman Valley. The more adventuresome can find parasailing, helicopter, and hot air balloon tours. Just need to relax, try the Grand Traverse Resort Spa for a truely delightful treat. All this within 45 min of your home base on the sparkling east shore of Torch Lake....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We LOVED our stay here. Would love to come back next year. The lake does have some rock in it that you would want water shoes but other than that it is perfect. Quiet location and the lake is breathless. The house has plenty of room and was great to spend our week in. thank you and am already thinking of our trip next year.
- Guest Missy (Minneapolis)
- Date of stay 08/04/12
- Review Submitted 08/20/12
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Manager response: Thank you for your review! We too, love Torch Lake! We love it so much we made two trips from Alaska this summer to spend time there. We especially love the clear, sparkling water, the lakeside sunsets, and cocktails on the deck! We hope you return in the future!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 3 - Jun 28, 2014
7 night min stay
Jun 29 - Aug 30, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
We have 3 payments:
$100 Reservation due at booking
50% is due January 1st
Balance is due 30 days prior to arrival
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Tax Rate 6%
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
About: My family has shared a lifetime of memories on this shoreline. We have recently found that we are unable to enjoy our lake as much as we would like. It is my sincere hope that many new families will be able to create the type of wonderful memories of time together that I cherish.
Why Torch Lake Township:
This home was designed and built by my father T.P. and for him it was all about Torch Lake. Almost every room in the home has a view of the water. It is carefully tucked in to the natural woods with a nice open shoreline. It was his dream and I can only hope that you will enjoy it half as much as we do.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Torch Lake is a part of a 65 mile chain of lakes including Torch, Elk, Skegamog, Bellaire, the Grass River Nature Preserve, and various connecting lakes and streams. This allow access by boat to a variety of towns, shopping, and restaurants. Everything is available by water from a burger and fries to fine dining. An afternoon boat ride into Alden for ice cream cones is one of our families favorites.
- Primary: (231) 631-2326 (Michigan, USA)
- Secondary: (907) 479-5131 (Alaska, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Dock and shore station
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 11, 2013
2 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.