Luxury 5/6 Bedroom Villa in Exclusive Sugar Hill, Barbados
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Sugar Hill villa description
Aurora Lusso is set in approximately one acre of landscaped gardens enjoying spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Aurora Lusso is in an exclusive private gated community, the house is in a road with just 6 houses in it, there is a house of similar size either side but is very private, shielded by lush vegetation to both borders. There is a clubhouse with a Gym that can be used by guests of the house, also there is a bar and a large pool if you should choose to swim in a different pool to the private pool at 'Aurora Lusso' . The house has been used in the past by people who require privacy such as Rhianna, Chris Cornell, Avril Lavigne, Andrew Levitas and others. Our Prime Minister of a few years ago Mr Tony Blair used to come to Cliff Richards property which is in this community for his summer break. Beautifully furnished in a contemporary style, Aurora Lusso’s marble floors and high ceilings add to it’s feeling of tranquil luxury. A full length covered outdoor terrace comprises a dining area with gas BBQ and beautiful glass dining table at one end and at the other, a large arrangement of luxury wicker sofas and games area with a football/Foosball table and Ping Pong table. Leading down from the terrace you’ll find a wonderful bespoke designed swimming pool with mini bridge and a large gazebo with a 12 person Jacuzzi. The perfect place to sip champagne while watching the sunset.
Inside, Aurora Lusso has a spacious and stylish living area with huge 16ft slidng doors that slide into the walls opening the living space onto the terrace.
There are three stunning en-suite bedrooms, all with air-conditioning. The master bedroom has unique sliding doors which open up the entire room onto a private terrace allowing for amazing sea views and the cooling sea breeze to gently waft through. It also comprises a uniquely designed master bathroom which is open to the room giving the suite and open plan and more romantic feel. Downstairs there is a large luxury study which doubles as an extra bedroom effectively en suite with a very comfortable double sofa-bed.and air conditioning too.
The villa comes with spacious, well equipped kitchen and dedicated Cook/House Keeper.
Aurora Lusso also boasts a beautiful guest cottage with two bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom.
Guests can enjoy full use of Sugar Hill’s extensive facilities which include a restaurant, air-conditioned gym and tennis centre.
While the Caribbean sun, sea and sand offers the basis for a restful holiday; stressed out souls these days often need a helping hand to unwind. We have a fully qualified beauty therapist who will come to the house offering a choice of therapies. She looks after the Barbados national Olympic team & has worked with Joss Stone, Cliff Richard, Simon Cowell among others. Please enquire for further details.
Keywords: Villa, luxury, barbados, house,
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Included
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- King size beds (1), Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Downstairs TV room which is off the main living room has a high quality Sofa bed with a 4 inch mattress and a unit that is used for wardrobe hanging space, there is also a shower and a tiolet adjioning so making it en suite when needed....moreless
Bathrooms: 5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
A Cook/housekeeper is included with parties of 4 or less plus a dedicated house manager to oversee your stay, with parties of 6 -8 a maid is also included and with parties of 8 - 12 a laundress is also provided...moreless
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
All 4 bedrooms in the main house have airconditioning and fans, the downstairs TV room which also can be a 4th double bedroom also has Airconditioning, the 2 bedrooms 5 and 6 also have airconditioning and ceiling fans....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Covered Parking:
- Parking Off Street:
- Linens Provided
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Clothes Dryer
- The villa comes with spacious, well equipped kitchen and dedicated House Keeper. Aurora Lusso also boasts a beautiful guest cottage with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom and living area. Guests can enjoy full use of Sugar Hill’s extensive facilities which include a restaurant, air-conditioned gym and tennis centre. While the Caribbean sun, sea and sand offers the basis for a restful holiday; stressed out souls these days often need a helping hand to unwind. We have a fully qualified beauty therapist who will come to the house offering a choice of therapies. She looks after the Barbados national Olympic team & has worked with Joss Stone, Cliff Richard, Simon Cowell among others. Please enquire for further details....moreless
Satellite / Cable:
(3) Cable TV is available included on the main living room 50 inch plasma TV and the tv in the TV room, there is also a separate cable service included in the master suite on a flat panel TV ...moreless
- CD Player
- Video Library
- Ping Pong Table
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Equestrian Events
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Duty Free Shops
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- There are a many popular restaurants on the island, - The Lone Star - 2464190599, this is great restaurant fairly high end right on the beach, incidentally either side of that restaurent on the beach is a small shack like bar with food called Ju Ju's, speciality is Mango Daquiri's, food is basic but very good quality and they would do dinner on the beach but by prior arrangement, is good for lunch, the other side of Lone Star is Ramshackle, again a beach shack type venue with Live music Etc. These 2 are a lot less formal than Lone Star. Daphne's is Popular before you get to the Cliff and the other direction from the house past Port St Charles is a great restaurant called the Fish Pot. all the venues i mention are within 20 minutes in either direction from the house, closest being Lone Star, Ju Jus and Ramshackle. There are some good medium end Restaurants in First and Second street in Holetown, a good curry house, Good Italian and a new Sushi restaurant, there are also some lively bars down there too, Lexy's paino bar and Muse bar, again close by to the house down the road. Also in Holetown there are another 2 beach bar/restaurants 1 more basic but typical surfer beach bar 'Surfside' and budget, then next to it another a bit more upscale but still good value is Zachios. There is a restaurant we love there called 'Lobster Alive' very basic but again on the beach literally and has a huge lobster tank at the back that a guy walks in to get your lobster, it is open in the evenings but our favourite time is Sunday Lunchtime when they have a live jazz band, get there for about 12.30 and spend the afternoon there eating lobster, listening to jazz, watching the action on the beach, swim, Etc....you get the picture huh! You have to book really as the locals generally go there, - 2464350305 As for car hire, my house manager Trudy can help you with that. The Airport is approx 35 minutes away from the house by car or cab, you could pick a hire car up at the airport and drive to the house but i would recommend for you to book/get a cab or limo from there to the house and have your hire car delivered to the house for just after you get to the house, a cab hailed should cost about $100bds ( approx 50US ) obviously a booked car may be more but just to give you an idea. Access to the house is no problem, you will be expected and Cathy Anne her staff and Trudy will greet you upon your arrival. There will be a housekeeper, her name is Cathy Anne, she is a good cook and mainly cooks homely cooked food, not necessarily Haute Cuisine but can do most things, Trudy can send you a sample menu maybe of what she can cook or maybe you would like to say what sort of things you expect to want while you are there, Trudy generally deals with how the shopping works but i am pretty sure the case is that you can provide a basic list of what you need to cover for day you arrive and the next day maybe then you can go and buy what you need for your stay there, there are very well supplied supermarkets in Holetown which is 10 minutes away, also there is 'Walkers Wine World' which has an international selection of wines, fine wines and Champagnes and all drinks that you will need, a tip i can give you is that when you pass through passport control after you land where you get your bags....at the back of that area is a small duty free drinks counter where you can purchase litre bottles of spirits and Champagnes at reduced prices, each person can buy 1 litre and this is always worth doing before you exit from there i think. The Airport is approx 35 minutes away from the house by car or cab, you could pick a hire car up at the airport and drive to the house but i would recommend for you to book/get a cab or limo from there to the house and have your hire car delivered to the house for just after you get to the house, a cab hailed should cost about $100bds ( approx 50US ) ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This house is beautiful. The staff were amazing! we would love to come back.
- Guest Ker (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Date of stay 06/01/12
- Review Submitted 10/29/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway.
Thank you for a wonderful rental experience! Aurora Lusso is a magnificent, luxurious home in a beautiful gated community. The home and the grounds were in impeccable condition and the house was well equipped. The staff and the house manager were warm and friendly and took great care of us. Chris, the owner, was very kind through the entire process and gave us many helpful tips for our stay. The home is well located near fabulous shops, restaurants and a large grocery store. We also discovered a few gourmet shops nearby. A rental car is definitely necessary. I have never rented a home this way before and was very nervous...Aurora Lusso is truly a phenomenal place to stay!!!
- Guest Heidi (Pennsylvania)
- Date of stay 12/17/11
- Review Submitted 01/20/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway.
Aurora Lusso, Barbados
Aurora Lusso, Barbados
We saw Aurora Lusso on VRBO and it looks stunning on there but in reality its better! Really bright and airy looking, Barbadian in traditon on the outside but Contemporary and modern on the inside, we were really pleased by the very light and Airy feel, the house really flows right from the front door all the way through to the huge Jacuzzi on the other side of the pool.......no rabbit warren of not really useable rooms here! the whole house has been thought about for the outside to be inside especially with the massive sliding living room doors making the living room fully open to the terrace with the breeze flowing through and the same with the master suite.....one night we slept with the doors fully open it was lovely!......definately an advantage of being on the hill facing the sea, always had a nice breeze. The Art is amazing, really nice to see real Art! and some real Barbados Art mixed in too. The 10 of us had such a great time being looked after by Cathy Anne, Gail and Trudy, nothing was any trouble and was a real treat to have things washed, ironed and back in the wardbrobe the same day! plenty of fridge storage, chest freezer for ice. Really close to all the West Coast beaches and social hotspots, Ju Ju's and Lone Star being 2 of our favs........2nd time been .....will be back, thanks so much!!
- Guest Flying Scotsman (Hampshire, UK)
- Date of stay 09/26/11
- Review Submitted 10/12/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers, sightseeing, families with young children, romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway, people with disabilities.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: £650 Nightly; 21 nights or more: £600 Nightly
|High Season 1
Nov 15 - Dec 18
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: £950 Nightly; 15 nights or more: £850 Nightly
Dec 19 - Jan 4
7 night min stay
Discounts: 15 nights or more: £1500 Nightly
|High Season 2
Jan 5 - Apr 15
4 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: £950 Nightly; 15 nights or more: £850 Nightly
- Refundable Damage Deposit: £500
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Grantley Adams at 27 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Mullins at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About: Aurora Lusso is owned by Mr Drake, purchased as a holiday home to offer out as a rental as he fell in love with the island after holidaying there for many years. This villa has been built to Mr Drake's exact standards and specifications so is completely custom made to offer the best for a large family holidaying.
Why Sugar Hill:
Aurora Lusso is owned by Mr Drake, purchased as a holiday home to offer out as a rental as he fell in love with the island after holidaying there for many years. This villa has been built to Mr Drake's exact standards and specifications so is completely custom made to offer the best for a large family holidaying.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
The west coast of Barbados offers some of the best restaurants & bars in Barbados. Try the award winning Lone Star for an exquisite dining experience and Lobster Alive on the south coast for an un-missable view while you eat your lobster meal to the sounds of a soothing jazz band. Aurora Lusso is just mintes down the hill to shope and facilities of holetown offering well stocked supermarkets, specialist food and wine stores together with extensive fine shopping where such names as Louis Vuiton, Micheal Koors and Cartier Etc. Also the bars and restaurants of 1st and 2nd street are just there too.
- Primary: +447971677242
Rear view of house, showing table in the pool with 5 chairs around it.
Pool Terrace dining, seating, games area with table tennis, table football, BBQ
View from Master bath plus bedroom
Guest bedroom 1 Double bed - main house
2 bed 1 bathroom Cottage with Kitchen right by pool and house.
Fully Fitted modern Kitchen, Dishwasher, double fridge freezer, coffee maker Etc
Guest cottage bedroom 1 (4th bedroom)
Front of Aurora Lusso
Main Living Room
View from Master Terrace
Guest bedroom 2 Double or twin beds - main house
View from 12 seater Jacuzzi
Front of Aurora Lusso showing - " in " electric gate
Guest cottage Bedroom 2 ( 5th Bedroom)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Friday, November 29, 2013
5 Bedroom / 5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.