Luxury Vacation Cottage on the Feather River
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Oroville house description
The Riverside Cottage is perched on a rise above the river with easy access to the river. Guests are welcome to bring kayaks, canoes and launch their riverborne adventures from our shoreline. Fish from the property or there are miles of open access to the Feather River with productive riffles accessible to wading fishermen.
A wall of windows in the Great Room provide fantastic views. This room also has a gas fireplace and wide screen TV on cable with a DVD. There are two Queen bedrooms each with a separate bath. In addition there is a queen hide-a-bed couch in front of the fireplace so, the Cottage sleeps 6. It has central heating and air and high speed wireless DSL. The cottage is self-catering: with modern kitchen and front-loading washer and dryer. A redwood deck with an umbrella table and gas barbecue supports al-fresco dining.
- Vacation Rental
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 4-7
- Queen size Beds (2), Sleep Sofa or Futons (2)
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Gas Fireplace
- Floating Dock, Access to river from property, Larry offers a Weekend Introductory Fly-fishing Course that teaches you "all you need to know to take yourself fly-fishing" and includes a fishing experience on the Feather River. We provide all the equipment. Min class size (4). 200.00/person. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Broadband Access
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Jetted Tub
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Wood Deck
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Hunting Big Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Rock Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- A Riverside Cottage lies right beside the Feather River just below the Oroville Dam at the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains near the north end of California's Great Central Valley. It's immediate ambiance is riverside serenity with wonderful views of the river from the cottage and private access to the river for swimming, fishing or kayaking/canoeing. It is just across the river to Oroville where guests find restaurants and shopping. The Oroville Dam, the tallest dam in the United States, is nearby and features a wonderful informative visitors center. Lake Oroville is famous for bass fishing and boating holidays. The High Sierras are within an hours drive. Feather Falls a 650 ft waterfall in pristine wilderness provide a lifetime experience accessible with just a day trip. Lassen National Park and it volcanic attractions is only a short drive away. There is golf, disc golf, swimming and miles of mountain bike trails nearby. Two local Casinos provide nite-life entertainment. Other Activities: shopping, boating, kayaking, rock climbing, parasailing, wildlife viewing...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Boaters Dream Vacation
Boaters Dream Vacation
Looking for a way to use your boat on beautiful Lake Oroville with the perfect place to spend your evenings. This is it! Enjoy your morning coffee by the river, spend your day on the lake, then return to the cottage for a nice shower, BBQ your dinner and enjoy the evening riverside. Lots of wildlife to watch and peace and quiet to enjoy. The cottage is as clean and nice as the photos and is fully loaded with everything you need for the perfect boating get away. The Riverside Cottage is a very special place!
- Guest Marie H.
- Date of stay 08/19/11
- Review Submitted 08/30/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Feather River serenity
Feather River serenity
My family and I stayed at the Riverside Cottage during my son's college graduation weekend. It was the most perfect place! It was a great way for family to stay together and have a gathering place, away from the hustle and bustle of graduation. The house is big enough when the grad came to visit with his friends, we had plenty of space for people to sit and visit, and a wonderful gas grill to cook up big meals to feed them all! When they say fully stocked - they mean it! Everything you could possibly want in the kitchen, tons of extra pillows, blankets, etc. The location is perfect and serene - right on the river, yet just minutes from town if you need to pick something up, or head out to eat. We will definitely stay again!
- Guest kristyteach (Oakdale, CA)
- Date of stay 05/20/11
- Review Submitted 05/24/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Very Nice Cottage. Very Clean. Great location on the River with nice view. Short drive to Lake Oroville. We'll be coming back.
- Guest Boys Club (Huntington Beach, CA.)
- Date of stay 06/19/10
- Review Submitted 07/25/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Feather River Idyll
Feather River Idyll
This is a magical spot with an excellent orientation to the river. The house is wonderfully situated on a knoll looking down at the water. The interior of the house is charming and full of interesting books on the area and points further afield. The host are delightful and extremely helpful. Highly recommended.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 09/19/09
- Review Submitted 06/03/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
$300/night .. $500/weekend (2 nights) .. $1200/week .. $2500/month
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Sacramento at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: Chico at 20 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: CA 70 and CA 162 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fort Bragg at 120 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Western Pacific Brewing Co. at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe/ Shasta at 80 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Table Mountain Golf Course at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Merrily Stover and Larry Jendro (husband and wife) left high intensity jobs in the Washington DC area to live in a beautiful place and participate in a small community. They are offering A Riverside Cottage, a luxury vacation home on the Feather River. Merrily is an on-line College Professor of Anthropology. Larry offers a Weekend Introductory Fly-fishing Course that teaches you "All you need to know to take yourself fly-fishing" and includes a fishing experience on the Feather River. We provide all the equipment. Min class size (4). $200.00/person.
Why the Owner Chose Oroville:
The property is exactly right, the cottage sits on a rise with huge picture windows looking out over the grounds and river. The cottage provides all of the modern conveniences in this beautiful natural setting.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The property is on the river providing immediate access for fishing, swimming, kayaking, canoeing. It is convenient to beautiful and exciting hiking and mountain biking trails including Feather Falls a 620 ft waterfall in pristine wilderness. It is minutes from, Lake Oroville local restaurants and 2 Casinos.
- Primary: +1 5305331413
Links to more information:
A Riverside Cottage
The kitchen is modern and fully equipped with a pleasant view of the woods
The Deck supports al fresco dining with a gas barbeque and umbrella table
King Salmon and Steelhead trout have annual runs up the Feather River
The Great Room provides panoramic views of the Feather River
The Garden Bedroom has a queen 4 poster and wonderful natural light
A Weekend Introductory Fly-fishing course (equipment provided) can be arranged.
A spinet piano is available in the music room
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, June 27, 2013