Dock House on the Water
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sailboat Bend house description
Located in Historic SailBoat Bend area of downtown Fort Lauderdale, this neighborhood is the only Historic District in Fort Lauderdale. You are in walking distance to the downtown River Front, dining, theater, Broward Performing Arts Center, Children Museum, water taxi to A1A beaches and shopping and dining on Las Olas Blvd.
The property sits right on the water and has a feeling of being on a boat when sitting inside the house. This property was once a boat house built around 1925 and was fully renovated in 2005 ago and is only one of a few properties that sit right on the water.City zoning codes no longer allow building right on the waterfront without a set-back from the water. The 40 foot deck sits right over the water and is on the New River. Being a one bedroom there are air mattress for guests, a lap pool. the pool is not heated.
Keywords: House, Fort Lauderdale
- 1350 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Clothing Optional/Nude Sunbathing Nearby
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 1-4
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) there are air mattresses
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- cabana room shower
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Parking Off Street
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room seats 6
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Away From It All
- Jet Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Sight Seeing
- All outdoor recreational activities are a short drive away and most are located on A1A along Fort Lauderdale beach which include, but not limited to; deep sea fishing excursions, parasailing on the beach, jet skiing and sailing. Other actives located outside the immediate area are Eco-tours, The Everglades, botanical gardens, golfing and other sports and activities....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My wife and I enjoyed a few days at the boathouse to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. The location was excellent and the accomodations superb. The unit is in excellent condition and we enjoyed lounging on the deck at water's edge. Very close to the airport, excellent restaurants and anything else you might need, yet secluded when home.
- Guest Frank & Angela (Chicago, IL)
- Date of stay 04/21/13
- Review Submitted 04/27/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway.
This was the perfect rental for my husband & I. The house is darling. Very well represented by the photos. Bed & bath were not pictured but are comfortable, modern & very well designed. The bath has double shower/tub unit. Property is well maintained & I would rent again from Brian in a heartbeat. He is very easy to work with & his associate met us at the property & showed us how everything worked. House is located in a real neighborhood. Very quiet area & the property has lots of privacy due to lovely outdoor landscaping. The pool is cleaned professionally each week & very enjoyable. We were able to walk to the Riverfront area. Very pleasant short walk. We found great little neighborhood cafes to eat at & enjoyed watching the boats on the river as they made their way past the swing bridge. Major supermarkets within 5 minute drive. Location was a simple, 10 minute ride from the airport & an easy drive to most everything.
- Guest Kathe (Erie, PA United States)
- Date of stay 03/06/13
- Review Submitted 03/21/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
6 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are based as follows: Monday thru Thursday rates are $145.00 per day. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are $200.00 per night.
- cleaning/yard work: $150
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: FLL -Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Int. Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Riverwalk Ferry at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Train: SunRail train at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-95 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: A1A Beaches at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bars on Hammershe Road at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Various golf courses at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Chimney House at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
- Primary: (617) 797-1018 (Massachusetts, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Pool and marble walkway
Relax on the deck with the sailboats passing by
View facing swing bridge
View with downtown Fort Laudeale in background
view standing in kitchen looking towards the water
dining room area
Walk way from deck
Royal Palm trees and lush landscape offer great privacy
Lap pool and marble walk way
Relax by the pool
great chefs kitchen
Living room area
Living room view
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2009.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013