6 Bd Lakefront Flat Hollow Cabin W/ Hot Tub and Covered Dock
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Speedwell cabin description
"Waters Edge" offers beautiful wooded setting on the lakefront, with year-round deep water right off the covered, private dock. Situated beyond the right-of-way beyond the popular Flat Hollow Marina, the quiet cove is ideal for sunning, swimming and fishing. Ready for main channel? Load up and hit the lake with your boat or jet ski, and soak up the sun, catch the "big one" and enjoy the "perfect lake day" before coming home to your cabin retreat.
Ideal for family reunion or family-friendly gatherings and decorated with rustic lake touches, the Cincinnati OH- based owners of "Waters Edge" have packed this 3.5 level, 6 bedroom home with a private hot tub and foosball table, plus satellite TVs. A fully equiped and upgraded kitchen opens across the counter bar and stools into the dining area and 2-story great room offers a walk-out to the deck under a soaring cathedral ceiling. Enjoy gorgeous lake views from great room, family room and the third of 6 bedrooms in the lower level. Unwind after a great day on the water to your "personal sunset" from the decks or hot tub . Along with spacious gathering places inside and out the three full baths, second refrigerator, gas grill, lower level rec room and two-and-a-half levels of decking make "Waters Edge" your easy pick for a great groups or a family get-away.
Bedroom accomodations are versatile for groups and families:
* Master Suite on the main level boasts a King-sized bed, TV, DVD player as well as an adjoining bath with a combo tub/shower.
* A second and third bedroom overlook the great room from a shared and safety-railed overlook. They each offer a queen-sized bed, TV and DVD player. Each has its own sink and vanity in the room, and they share a commmon toilet and tub/shower.
* The uppermost level has a private lofted "crow's nest" bedroom. It offers a full bed, television, Nintendo Game Cube, and quite a view from the windows!
*The lower level plays host to a fourth lakefront Bedroom with full bed, television, and DVD player
*Also at lake level, there's the "Bunkhouse" with one bunk bed with a full on bottom and twin on top, and one bunk bed with two twins, full trundle
* The final sleeping quarter options come with fold-out sofas, as the couches in the great room and the downstairs living room both have full size sofa beds.
Besides the three full baths (one on each level), there's also a handy half bath on the main level right off the entry to help get everybody on the water as quickly as possible in the mornings or settled back in after a great day in the sun.
Once you've arrived at "Waters Edge", check out the Vacation Guide Book provided showing all the details on the home, the community, the lake and surrounding marinas and towns. Our check-in list will be completed for you by our housekeeping staff, warranting a property in perfect "welcome mode" --just add guests! All bed linens and kitchen towels are furnished for you, and a starter pack of all necessaries will have been stocked to get your stay off to a no-hassle, relaxing vacation. For Internet, fax and long distance service -- we have it all at no cost at the rental management office in La Follette) A Telephone is provided with local service and will receive incoming long calls at no cost. Long distance from the phone can be accessed and paid for by credit card or calling card. Our La Follette-based operations staff is on-call 24/7 to answer questions, address urgent needs and make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
No lake vacation is complete without the requisite watercraft! Less than a half mile down toward the main channel, Flat Hollow Marina and Resort offers a restaurant grille, boat and watercraft rentals, launch and trailer storage. There's also a marina store with basic food staples and fishing supplies and licenses for sale. Or hop in the car and visit some of the lake's beautiful parks, recreation areas, museums and historical sites, or schedule some time for a horseback ride or hit the trails with an ATV or dirt bike! Up for a day trip, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are only about 2 hours away! Downtown Knoxville and surrounding areas can be visited within a 45 minute drive as well. There's something for everyone, and we can't wait to share the experience with YOU this season!
(Note: the property manager may have a boat or two, life jackets, tubes, etc available for rent as well). There are also several convenience stores nearby for the basic staples, as well as what the marina stores carry on the water.
For more photos and information, check out the company site for Tennessee Home Finders LLC or call Tom at 513.470.8785.
Making "Waters Edge" your vacation choice for 2012 is a total WIN for your group -- Book your reservation TODAY!
Keywords: Waterfront, Lakefront Home, Cabin, Covered Dock, double tiered decks, hot tub, flat hollow marina, foosball, Norris Lake,
- Vacation Rental
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18, Beds for 15-18
- King size beds (1) Master Bedroom, Queen size Beds (2) 2nd level bedroom and one LL Bedroom, Double Beds (2) 2nd Level bedroom and Loft Bedroom, Child Beds (1) not counted as a 7th bedroom by any means -- there is a child bed stored in the closet beneath the stairs to LL, Bunk Beds (2) Lower Level "family style" for the kids...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- First Floor Master with adjoining bath, Satellite-signal TVs including flat screen, Board Games, Floor to Ceiling Windows in Great Room, Covered Boat Slip with easy steps to the waterfront in a no-wake cove beyond the marina right-of-way, Year-round deep water, Boat Launch + Trailer Storage + Boat Rentals, Second Refrigerator for large group convenience, Parking for 2 vehicles, THF rental management office offers free wi-fi, long distance + fax service in La Follette at traffic light #6. No end of things to do and enjoy! ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet:
- Computer Available:
- Mobile Phone:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water View
- Lake View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Jet Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Everyone loves to find the speciaties of each of Norris Lakes' 18 waterfront marinas -- with over 34,00 acres of lake surface and 800 miles of shoreline --discover the jumping bridge and rope swing and jumping rock along with all the natural beauty and water sports you can dream of, Explore surrounding small towns and recreational and park areas including Norris Dam + Civil War historical sites + geological wonders and much more local culture. Make your own meals or dine at the Flat Hollow grill/restaurant. Deerfield's championship 18 hole golf course is less than 25 minutes away, and there are ATV and dirt-bike trails over hundreds of acres at nearby Royal Blue, Winter skiing in Ober-Gatlinburg, plus big-city fun in nearby Knoxville about 40 minutes away. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are also less than 2 hours away if looking for off-water resort town adventure and fun, plus loads of easy day trips in any given direction...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
$2800/ week in prime season (Memorial Day thru Labor Day) $415/night in prime season-3 night minimum stay. Some dates require full wk rental $300/night or $1800/wk Off-season (after Labor Day til Memorial Day wkend) All rentals will be charged mandatory 14.25% county/state lodging tax Stays longer than a week will be given preferential rates and consideration A premium for holiday bookings in off-season may apply. Damage Deposit of $500 or Credit Card on file fill be charged for damages Call about our specials -- we've always got something to offer!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2004
About: Tom Sturm and his family are Cincinnati-based lake-lovers, crazy about Norris Lake! A licensed real estate broker in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee, Tom launched Tennessee Home Finders in 2007 as a sales and rental brokerage for out of state clients looking to buy or build their dream retirement or vacation home. Having come from "the outside", Tom and his team of agents are dedicated to giving you the kind of honest advice and professional service you're accustomed to "back home." With over 17 years of sales and management experience with Coldwell Banker West Shell Realtors in Greater Cincy, Tom's role as Senior Sales Vice President up north and Broker / Owner here on the lake guarantee a great rental, buying or selling experience.
We built our first vacation home just a few doors away from this after enjoying a most memorable getaway in 2004. Since then, we've come to love the way you can slip away for a long weekend or make it a couple week stay on the lake -- without ever having to go thru the crazy long drive or packing necessary for a beach vacation from the Midwest. Norris Lake's unspoiled natural beauty, as the cleanest of the TVA lakes in all of Tennessee, its sparkling aqu-blue-green water reminiscent of the teal blue color of the Caribbean, and family-orientation has kept us coming back ever since. Flat Hollow is a favorite marina on the lake, and we love runnning into friends from "back home" and making new friends with every trip.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This area in particular offers all the best of a nature-driven getaway without feeling totally disconnected. The convenience of the marinas, the short drive availability of whatever's needed or forgotten back to town, the wooded homesite and convenient dock and swim deck on the water, plus the loads of options for things to do inside or out make it a new experience with every visit. I hope you and your family or group will enjoy making memories here as well, and we appreciate your considering a stay with us!
- Primary: (513) 470-8785 Tom's Cell, Broker / Owner
Kitchen Area with serving counter / additional seating with bar stools
Plenty of seating for everyone around one of 7 TVs with satellite reception
Master Bedroom w/ adjoining full bath, also has TV with DVD player
Bedroom 2 - 2nd floor w/ queen bed and vanity, also has TV with DVD player
Loft w/ full bed, Nintendo game cube, and TV with DVD player
Bedroom 4 - Lower Level twin/twin bunk & twin/full bunk w/ full trundle
Lower Level full bath & laundry Room (2nd full bath (not pictured) on 2nd floor)
Great Room - Perfect for large groups. Full wall of windows on the lakeside.
4-person Hot Tub on private Lower Level Deck, with lakeview
Seating for 8 at the table and 2 at the counter bar in the dining area of grt rm
Private Dock and Swim Platform with picnic table for swimming, fishing or sun!
Bedroom 3 - 2nd floor w/ queen bed, vanity and its own TV with DVD player
Family Room - Lower Level w/ foosball, TV, DVD and walk-out to deck.
Lakeside 5th Bedroom in Lower Level w/ full bed, TV and DVD player
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 18, 2013