Merritt in the Landing: Open Sept 2nd & Beyond!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bald Head Island house description
Location: Bald Head Island, Southern Coast, Coastal, North Carolina, USA (Killegray Ridge, 1 Mile from Point; Wilmington 35 miles)
Check Out LINK BELOW (bottom of the page) for video tour and slide show.
Accommodations: Beach House, 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (sleeps 5)
Check Out LINK BELOW UNDER LINKS for video tour of property and expanded slide display!
Tired of arriving at your vacation destination only to find:
• towels are missing and you just stepped out of the shower?
• the springs in the chair sink to the ground and you were hoping for a cozy read?
• the hot water is cold and you’re covered with sand and shells?
• the freon has drained dry in the air conditioning unit and it’s 99+ and sunny INside?
• the kitchen equipment you took camping exceeded what you find in the cabinets?
• the promised transportation doesn’t work and your feet are tired?
20 Keeper's Landing, MERRITT IN THE LANDING, offers:
• Freedom from the “oh, no” of disappointments mentioned above
• A cheerful, meticulously maintained, well equipped island cottage for families/friends looking for a quiet, relaxing, care-free vacation rental.
• Across the street from the front porch enjoy a 200+ foot dock stretching into the marsh.....enjoy the stars at night, the peaceful warmth and views of the maritime forest, or try your hand at crabbing and/or fishing!
• Hardwood floors, freshly painted walls, colorful dinnerware, games, books, and more…..
• Home with inverted floor plan: UPPER floor with 1 BR (master w/queen and TV, bathroom including tub-shower), living/dining and kitchen; LOWER lever with bedroom with bunks and trundle, chest of drawers, TV and small sofa; small sitting room w/stuffed chaise and washer/dryer
• Porta-crib and high chair for your little one.
• Kitchen well equipped with spices, new appliances, hot pot holders, pizza pan, cook books and other items to enjoy during your stay.
• Outdoor, secluded patio with charcoal grill and shower
• One 4 person golf cart available (year round maintenance agreement)
* Hi speed INTERNET, secure sign on
• Two cruiser bikes for PAVED road use ONLY, 'as is' condition
* Experienced, private, caring housekeeper whose goal it is to help us insure that your rental is of gold standard quality
• East Beach, Maritime Market, BHI Club with access to golf, tennis and swimming pool and Shoal's Club each a bike ride or golf cart ride away
• 14 miles of running on the beach, roads for biking beneath trees in the forest or along the coast
• Temporary membership at one club with weekly (7 night) rental secured at listed weekly rate during HIGH season only otherwise available for purchase (w/opportunity for golfing, tennis, croquet, swimming, exercise room and fine dining)
Keywords: island cottage in maritime forest
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Catering Available
- Ice Maker
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Merritt in the Landing is ACROSS the Street from Lovely Marsh.....100 Yard Dock Extends Into the Water...Great for Crabbing, Fishing, Watching Stars and Birds! Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944; Deep Point Ferry brochure available at www.baldheadisland.com/media/pdf/DeepPointBrochure.pdf...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Bald Head Island Conservancy Has an Educational Museum and Summer Programs Available! Bald Head Island Sailing Club Offers Sailing Lessons! Bicycle/helmet Rental, Golf Cart Rental, Surf Board Rental, Kayak Rental, Beach Chair/Umbrella Rental all available Call 910-457-6844 or 910-457-4944; Deep Point Ferry brochure available at www.baldheadisland.com/media/pdf/DeepPointBrochure.pdf...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great Vacation Getaway!
Great Vacation Getaway!
My friends and I went to Bald Head Island for the first time last week for a friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time and it was in great part due to our stay in Merritt in the Landing. It was charming, spacious, clean, and everything worked as it should! The property owner was very easy to work with and even had a welcoming gift bag waiting for us in the dining area upon our arrival. I highly recommend this property!
- Guest debbs07 (San Diego, CA)
- Date of stay 06/28/12
- Review Submitted 07/05/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Aug 17 - Dec 30
3 night min stay
Jun 14 - Aug 16
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
HIGH SEASON RENTAL WEEK = FRIDAY to FRIDAY arrival and departure (rental week begins on Friday and ends on Friday)
Guests renting for 7+ consecutive nights receive a 5% discount on next rental (EXCLUDES Holiday Weeks/Week-ends and Pirates Week)
To RESERVE: Deposit and half of total rental required, remaining amount due 45 days prior to arrival. CANCELLATIONS: forfeit deposit & if less than 45 days require re-rental to secure refund of monies paid toward rental! Consider travel insurance.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Tax 12.75% and Departure Clean $135.00 and Security Deposit $350.00 (refunded within 10 business days assuming no damage or excessive cleaning)
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Merritt in the Landing...affordable, comfortable, convenient!
Merritt in the Landing...secluded serenity in Keeper's Landing~
Cozy living-dining w-TV, comfy furniture & room to play games-enjoy puzzles!
Master BR w-queen and private bath!
Kitchen with plenty of room to prepare your favorite treats!
Kitchen with counter space for the chefs!
Merritt in the Landing 1st floor bunk w-trundle, tv, love seat, entry to patio!
Merritt in the Landing patio with shower, charcoal grill, table-chairs!
Board the ferry, journey to Merritt in the Landing and your holiday begins...
Living room with comfort and color!
Master BR w/ queen bed~
Master bath w/tub-shower, toilet, sink~
Range and oven waiting for the chef in you to enoy!
Reading nook 1st floor....quiet, private space...read, write, relax!
Merritt in the Landing 1st floor bathroom
Stroll across the street to crab, fish, bird watch, star gaze and smell the sea!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, August 02, 2013