Remodelled Oceanfront Great View & Location Avail Dec 15-23!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kihei Surfside condo description
This second floor oceanfront condo at the Kihei Surfside Resort is located on the sought after ocean side of the building and has a spectacular ocean view from the kitchen, living room, dining area and lanai. It is one of the larger, 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath units (680 sq ft). The unit is tiled throughout. It has been tastefully remodeled to a very high rental standard. The unit scored a 4.2 out of 5 on our 2010 Guest Satisfaction Survey, firmly placing it in our ?Deluxe? category.
The beautiful kitchen is well equipped with modern appliances, including a large refrigerator with ice maker, flat top stove with microwave hood fan above, full size dishwasher and garbage disposer. It has a light maple cabinetry and beige countertops.
The living room has a newer queen size sofa-bed and a comfy swivel rocker rattan basket chair. There is a large flat screen LCD color TV, DVD player, stereo and multi speed ceiling fan. It also has a functional desk area with chair and free wireless high speed internet hookup and telephone with free long distance calling to Canada and the US.
The dining area has a round rattan glass table with 4 matching chairs.
The large lanai has a bistro table with two padded bistro chairs ? a perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee or a romantic oceanfront dinner!
The entry hall is very spacious, with a large dresser.
The bedroom has a King size bed, multi speed ceiling fan and a digital security safe.
The master bathroom has a full size, walk in shower with bench, with the same maple cabinetry earlier described. The half bath is equally as tastefully decorated.
The unit is fully equipped with utensils, fresh linen and towels, iron/ironing board, hairdryer and beach gear that includes chairs, towels and cooler. Laundry facilities are available on site.
This unit is an excellent choice for guests who are looking for a lovely, spacious, comfortable condo on the ocean side of the elevator with a spectacular ocean view.
Keywords: Gorgeous Remodelled Oceanfront unit
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1.5 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Free Long Distance
- Broadband Access
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
Haleakala National Park is home to Maui's highest peak. Rising 10,023 feet above sea level, Haleakala's graceful slopes can be seen from the south side of the building. Haleakala means 'house of the sun' in Hawaiian, and legend has it that the demigod Maui lassoed the sun from its journey across the sky as he stood on the volcano’s summit, slowing its descent to make the day last even longer....moreless
- Ocean View:
- Water View:
- Mountain Biking
- Deepsea Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Roller Blading
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Fitness Center
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Kihei Surfside Resort is located at 2936 S. Kihei Road, South Kihei at the entrance of beautiful Wailea. This is the desert part of Maui, where the sun shines more than any other part of the island. The Kihei Surfside Resort consists of an absolute oceanfront concrete building of 6 floors and 84 deluxe units with an elevator. There is free parking on site. The resort is a twenty-five minute drive from the Kahului Airport (OGG). Rental cars are available at the airport or in Kihei town. There are also taxis available at the airport (about $50), a shuttle bus and public transportation. Virtually all of the properties and resorts in Kihei are either located right on busy S. Kihei Rd., or if they are set back from the road - are across from the street from the ocean. One unique feature of the Kihei Surfside is that it is located at the quiet end of S. Kihei Road, AND is set back 300 feet from S. Kihei Road AND is located right on the ocean! Because it is hard to see from the road, many first time Surfside guests say that even though they have visited Kihei many times, they had never seen the resort! Another unique feature of the property is that we have a 2 acre, immaculately kept oceanfront lawn area with dozens of loungers, with a heated swimming pool and deluxe barbeque facilities. In season, there are daily whale sightings from both the grounds and lanais. In fact, the Pacific Whale Foundation conducts their annual whale count from our property. The building is located at the north end of Keawakapu Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Maui (voted Maui’s most romantic), where you can walk for miles past some of the most expensive oceanfront homes on the island and the luxurious hotels of Wailea, including the Grand Wailea Hotel. It is customary for the residents of the Kihei Surfside to gather each evening for cocktails on the shore near the tiki torches for a traditional Hawaiian sundown ceremony. Feel free to join in – everyone is welcome - this is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and fellow vacationers! There are two very nice oceanfront restaurants within 100 yards of the resort; the Five Palms and Sarentos on the Beach. The Five Palms is known as the best happy hour on Maui, the bar menu and drinks are half price between 5 and 7:30PM, and after 9PM. Right across the parking lot from the Surfside is an upscale deli/grocery/wine store, Zach’s. Other larger grocery stores in Kihei, a short drive from the resort are Safeway, Foodland and Star Market. The island also has a Costco, Wal-Mart, K-Mart and Sears. There is never any shortage of things to do on Maui. The Shops at Wailea, Wailea Golf Club, Wailea Tennis Club and Makena Golf Club are within a five minute drive. The Kihei boat ramp is located 100 yards north of the property. Several of the tour operators for snorkeling and diving launch here. See Maui Dive Shop, Makena Coast Dive Charters, and Blue Water Rafting. Maalaea Harbor is a 20 minute drive, and from there you would get the fishing charters and sunset dinner cruises, or visit the Maui Ocean Center. The old whaling town of Lahaina is a 45 minute drive; from there you can ride on the Atlantis Submarine, or go for a boat trip with the Pacific Whale Foundation. Helicopter tours are available from the airport. See Blue Hawaiian Helicopters or Air Maui. Feeling adventurous? Try riding a bike down Mount Haleakala - Haleakala Bike Company. For exercise enthusiasts, there are a couple of gyms nearby – Powerhouse Gym, Valley Isle Fitness, and Pilates Maui. There is also an oceanfront yoga studio Maui Yoga Path right across the parking lot. We think this property has the best location in Kihei! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
KS 205 (Deluxe) 2-6 Nts 7-13 Nts 14-20 Nts 21-27 Nts Over 28 Nts Jul 1 - Sept 30 $135-$165 $125-$155 $115-$145 $105-$115 $95-$105 Oct 1 - Dec 15 $175-$195 $165-$185 $155-$175 $145-$165 $135-$155 Dec 16 - Mar 31 $245-$265 $235-$255 $225-$245 $215-$235 $205-$225 Apr 1 - Jun 30 $135-$205 $125-$195 $115-$185 $105-$175 $95-$165 Rates are plus 13.42% tax (Hawaii tax # W00968319-01) and $25 reservation fee. $85 cleaning fee for stays 5 nights. We own/rent 16 units @ Surfside so even if you don't see your dates available, send me an email and I'll see what I can do-Aloha!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Kahului (OGG) at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Piilani at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Keawakapu (Voted Maui's most romantic!) at 50 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Five Palms (Maui's best Happy Hour) at 40 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Wailea Golf Club at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Five Palms Open Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at 40 Metres
Why Kihei Surfside:
We are convinced this property offers the best value and location for oceanfront accommodation in the south Kihei/Wailea area. All of the units are direct oceanfront, and the property has the most amazing oceanfront lawn area spanning over 2 acres, which is unique to our property. The best part about the Surfside are the friendly, happy people, and the great accommodating staff!
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The property is located right at the north end of world famous Keawakapu Beach. It is one of the finest white sand beaches anywhere. It stretches for miles past some of the most expensive homes and hotels in all of Maui. Great for walking or running. There is a reef right at our property that has the most amazing snorkelling we have seen anywhere. Unlike most other oceanfron properties in Kihei, the Surfside is perched right on the sea shore, set back several hundred feet from S. Kihei Road, so you hear the ocean, not the road noise. The complex has two high end stainless steel barbeques and picnic tables right at the ocean. Almost every night, we use the barbeque and eat our dinner at the oceanfront lit by tiki torches.
- Primary: (604) 644-8690 Happy to talk to you, but email is usually faster!
- Secondary: (604) 541-9827 (British Columbia, Canada) Home #-Pacific Time Zone- emergencies only please!
Gorgeous Ocean view from your private lanai
Living Room with 37" LCD TV
Oceanfront Living/Dining Room
Desk area and 37" LCD TV
Master ensuite bathroom with walk in shower
Master bedroom with c/w King bed, Full ensuite, ceiling fan and security safe
Sunset at the Surfside
Keawakapu Beach (voted Maui's most romantic) is 100 steps from your front door
Kihei Surfside putting green
Professional grade BBQ's and oceanfront picnic tables to prepare delicious meals
Swim right out front with the local turtles!
Enjoy your morning coffee or a sunset cocktail from your private lanai!
Modern kitchen with built in desk with free wi-fi and long distance calling
Comfy living room swivel rocker
Living room with queen sofa bed and multi speed ceiling fan
This is one of the 1.5 bath units
Take a dip in the heated, oceanfront pool!
2 acre lawn and proximity to Keawakapu Beach. Great snorkeling on reef out front
Sunset over the pool
Kihei Surfside shuffleboard
Front entrance to the Kihei Surfside
Whale sighting! Pacific Whale Fndtn. uses our property 4 their annual whale coun
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, October 04, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Happy to talk to you, but email is usually faster!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.