Enjoy Life! Super Oceanfront-Swim&Snorkel-Spa-Bikes-Kayaks-Rooftop Deck-Wifi-Fun
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Fabulous OCEANFRONT HOME with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming directly in front of the house! Our August 2014 big storm, Iselle, brought more sand into the bay and the snorkeling has become even better. We are now seeing Eagle Rays with regularity. We've always seen lots of Green Sea Turtles; it's the rays that are a current treat. The warm ponds in the Kapoho area are a special treat too -- unique in all of Hawaii. This is a nice, comfortable, home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
OUTDOORS: Starting at the top of our home
* Roof Top Deck, with Hot Tub: Talk about a view! There is a 270 degree ocean view--no kidding. There are also chaise lounges, and 2 chairs with ottomans, a table and some chairs. The moon and sun both rise out of the ocean and this is a fantastic place to see that. With a clear night, the stars, and the Milky Way, are awe-inspiring. There's not too many places in the world where you can see stars so close to the horizon.
* Lanai off the Great Room: This is your outdoor dining room. There is a large table and 6 comfortable, high-end, lanai chairs. There are also two chairs with ottomans for relaxing, reading, sipping a cocktail or a smoothie.
* Downstairs Lanai: When the weather is really hot, there is a ground level lanai that is just perfect. There's a picnic table too.
* The 'beach'. Two outdoor chairs for hanging right at the coastline. It feels a bit like camping seaside to us.
* Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. Comfortable Living Room, cozy Dining Room, extra Bedroom (double bed), TV, large Kitchen and a Bar. The vintage rattan furniture is just right for Hawaii.
* Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, sharp knives, stainless pots and pans. There is also a cappuccino machine, French press, lots of tea strainers, blender, fresh fruit/vegetable juicer, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, cutting boards, even a pressure cooker. And the bar area, with sink, works well as a serving buffet or a hang-out for the non-chef(s) to keep the chef(s) company. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
* Master Bedroom: Large room with a comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) Queen-sized bed, built-in dresser and closet, ceiling fan, a koa rocking chair for reading or relaxing, reading lamps and romantic indirect lighting. Did we mention the HUGE ocean view? This room is quite gorgeous, if we do say so ourselves.
* Master Bath: Tropical gone fabulous. Shower with two shower-heads, bench, and an ocean view! There’s also an unbelievable piece of granite that makes the walls of the shower look like you are inside a really refreshing volcano. Of course there are towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom: Comfortable Pillow-Top Queen-sized bed, closet with built in shelf for your luggage, reading lamp, 2 nice chairs, ceiling fan, and a big ocean view.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom is across the hall from the second bedroom, so it functions as the powder room as well. It has a tub/shower, with marble walls, a cool copper sink, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well.
* Office: Free Wi-Fi, two professional, comfortable, office chairs and a large (3' x 5') partner desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an inspiring spot--ocean views from all locations. There's also a door leading to the back deck, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (4 bicycles, 2 boogie boards, and 4 kayaks (2 doubles/2singles) live. There are some stray swim fins, and masks/snorkels, though we can't guarantee we'll have your size.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP in each bathroom. We don't want you to have to experience that.)
* Hair Dryers
* Ironing Board & Iron
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* Our home is built with top-quality materials and attention to every detail. It has stone decking, solid brass ship’s lighting fixtures, and plenty of ventilation-providing windows. The front door is big and beautiful -- 4 feet wide locally-milled eucalyptus with a stained-glass window panel depicting the fish found in the bay. On the inside there is the same brass ship’s lighting, local hardwoods for the cabinets and floors (jacaranda, silky oak), granite, copper, and a beachy white-washed ceiling with indirect and direct lighting. It is friendly, comfortable, and ultimately luxurious.
We regret that this home is not really suitable for children between the ages of 1 year and 12 years. Also, we have a one week minimum stay. Exceptions are made if less than one week is available between existing reservations. We hope you understand.
Keywords: Oceanfront, Home, Surfing, Swimming, Snorkeling, Marine Sanctuary, Warm Ponds, Hot ponds, Champagne Pond, Cape Kumukahi, Jacuzzi, Luxury, Internet, Kayaking, Biking, Walking, Gated Community, Bicycles
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 1600 sq. ft.
- Elevator : Living on 2nd Level, Garage on 1st, Roof-Top Deck on 3rd
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Queen size Beds (2) The Master Bedroom has a wonderfully comfortable queen-sized bed with down pillows, and nice all-cotton sheets. Actually luxurious. The second bedroom also has a new comfortable queen-sized bed. Both bedrooms have killer ocean views. The sheets and pillows are all excellent quality. There is (1) Double Bed in the living room, used mostly for reading or 'resting your eyes'. It's a wonderful and long-standing tradition in Hawai`i to have a Punee, a day bed, in the main living space....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bikes, Kayaks. There are also some stray Boogie Boards and Fins in a few sizes. As for Masks and Snorkels, we have a few stragglers, but we believe you will be happiest with your own. Champagne Pond or Ahalanui (the County Park and large warm pond) are good places to practice snorkeling if someone in your family is a novice. If you would like a massage, let us know. There are quite a few excellent masseuses who will come to the house....moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
We have a lot more music CDs than video. With that great wood floor it's fun to dance or slide around in your socks. IPod dock, so with Wi-Fi you can do Pandora or other satellite music, as well as your own mix. We just love the modern world when a DJ is provided so easily....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Nude Beach
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Mountain View:
- Ocean View:
YES! You will be communing with the ocean and nature. Go swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, or whatever ocean activity you desire, from RIGHT HERE. East Hawaii is not noted for incredible ocean access, however, we can get in the water here, and you can too....moreless
You'll be about 7 miles from the nearest small town, Pahoa. However, you'll be in a cute bay-side community where you can bike, walk, or run with little traffic-beautiful pond and ocean views abound....moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 5 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Broadband Access:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Covered Parking:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Free Long Distance:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
High-efficiency, front-loader with lots of choices. In laundry room with ironing board/iron, counter space for folding, a hang-to-dry bar and a laundry sink. Very functional. Also includes laundry soap and oxygen stain remover....moreless
- Wireless Internet:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker:
Heavy stainless steel Cuisinart pans, many sizes. Lots of cooking gear -- bowls, casseroles, platters. Usually -- salt and pepper, some spices, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basic condiments....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
Nice cooking equipment. Stainless pots/pans, sharp knives, plenty of silverware, plates, cups/glasses. Espresso Machine, Vita-Mix Blender, Toaster, Hot Air Popcorn Popper, Purified drinking water--Instant Hot as well....moreless
- Pantry Items:
Deck / Patio:
3 Decks actually! Ground level, good for really hot days. On the main living level, facing the ocean, with a big table and 6 chairs. Also, super comfortable chairs with ottomans. AND then there's the roof-top deck--just amazing. The night sky is great. Watch the moon rise, check out the Milky Way, or look for your favorite constellations. It's all there....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Outdoor Grill:
Pool / Spa
Does the ocean count? that's right in front of the house. Also, Champagne Pond is a short bike-ride away. The ponds are warmer than the ocean by about 5 degrees F. Champagne pond is generally 86-90F....moreless
- Heated Pool
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 12 - Jan 5, 2016
6 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Jan 6 - Mar 15, 2016
6 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $40 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $150 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 13.41%
50% deposit to book; Balance 30 days before arrival
Rates based on 2 people. 3rd or 4th person $40/night/each person
Cleaning Fee: $150 (any stay)
Fully Refundable Security deposit: $500
3-6 night minimum, depending on season. Shorter stay OK if less days available between guests
Not suitable for children under 12 years.
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Book with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Friday Fruit Market and Hiking to Green Lake--a lake in a crater. A lake here is quite unusual when you think about how new our land is--very porous. Wai O Pele is a genuinely historic place--when the white man's diseases came to Hawai`i people would go to the lake in an effort to get cool....MoreCollapse
Did we mention the Volcano? We are about 15 miles away, down a (mostly) one-lane jungle and ocean-view road, from Kalapana. Until June 27, 2014, this was the area of the ocean entry of the Pu`u O`o (Kilauea) lava flow. We're also about an hour's drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the most active caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai `O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Surfing in your front yard is pretty fun too. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Here we are, enjoying life, in the sun.
Why the Owner Chose Kapoho:
After living in East Hawaii for 30 years, we built this house. Our dream. We camped here on weekends for a few years and completed the house in 2009. We checked out the views, the wind, and most importantly how we would want to LIVE here. Most agree, we did a really good job. Perhaps you will too.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. Snorkel from the front of the property for bigger fish, turtles, and rays, OR, go to the Marine Sanctuary, Wai O Pae, a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have travelled quite a bit, and this gem is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Or you can walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the most Eastern point of the island, and the state. Kapoho receives fairly consistent cooling trade winds, and REALLY FRESH air to breathe. There is no land between here and the west coast of North America--that's a minimum of 2500 miles away! Ahhhhhhh.
- Tertiary: +1 8083337765
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
From the Roof-Top Deck. Almost otherworldly! Kapoho Bay is a Warm-Water Gem. WOW
Great View of Kapoho Bay, Green Mountain, And Our House with Roof-Top Deck
Welcome! Front Door and Beautiful Stained Glass of Kapoho Bay Creatures.
Fun Rolling Island. Large Montezuma Cypress slab, re-purposed scaffolding wheels
View of the bar area, towards the office. Relax or work. Your choice.
Office (equipment not included). A nice big partner desk and views either way
The Master Bedroom - with Big Ocean View and Dreamy Queen-Sized Bed
The Master Bathroom. A Double Shower with Views of the Bay Awaits You.
2nd Bedroom -- Opposite the bed. Lots of Sweet Ocean Breeze and Natural Light.
3 Oceanfront Lanais--What a Dream.
Early Morning-Looking at Kapoho Bay & Green Mountain. Taken from Roof-Top Deck.
Not A Lot of Traffic Riding Bikes to Ahalanui Park Warm Pond.
Looking From the Ocean 'Park'. Check Out the Roof-Top Deck With Spa
Another Great View of the Bay! Check out the white sand areas--Rays Like Them!
Great Room -- Living Room, Kithen, Bar (Pictured) Also: Dining Nook & Day Bed
Part of The Kitchen and The Bar in the Great Room. Good Fun Here
The Great Room. Pictured--Seating Area and Day Bed.
View from Great Room Lanai--Ocean Entry via Concrete Steps into Bay
Master Bedroom Armoire. The Master is Roomy and has that Huge Ocean View.
2nd Bedroom, with Ocean Breezes, Comfortable Queen Bed, Lots of Art.
The Hallway Area Outside 2nd Bedroom. Compass Rose Helps Find Your True North.
Champagne Pond is a 5 Minute Bikeride. Practice Snorkeling or Easy Swimming
What an Incredible Sunrise. Taken from the Roof-Top Deck. You Are Here!
Ahalanui Park--Unique Volcanically-Heated Natural Pond that Babies Love
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- Property typeHouse
Get a rental quote, then book it!
- Response time Within a few hours
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 10/26/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.