Stunning West Facing 3300 Sq Ft Home Offers Panoramic Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Okanagan Centre house description
Cas del Sol is located in an area of orchards, vineyards and forest just above the charming village of Okanagan Center. Kelowna International Airport is 15 minutes away. Closer still is the town of Winfield, where you can find groceries, liquor stores, pharmacies, and other daily needs. The resort city of Kelowna, 25 minutes to the south, boasts fabulous restaurants, shops and entertainment. Opportunities for recreation abound. There are half a dozen world class golf resorts in the Kelowna area, of which two, Predator Ridge and Okanagan Golf Resort are within twenty minutes of the home. There are three clean fresh water lakes in the region, Okanagan, Wood and Kalamalka. All feature sandy beaches, swimming, water skiing, boating, sailing, fishing and snorkeling. Casa del Sol has a huge private pool with an outstanding view. There are loungers, chairs, dining table, shade umbrellas for you. Casa del Sol comes complete with a canoe/paddles for your use at no extra charge. In the winter, the ski resorts of Big White and Silverstar are both only 1 hour away. Enjoy the renowned Gray Monk winery down the road.
The Annual Okanagan Fall Wine Festival is an experience for all who love fabulous wine accompanied by great food and unique events. Autumn in Okanagan Wine Country is the perfect time to watch the grapes ripen in the sun and indulge yourself in the harvest celebrations. This is the only wine festival in North America that takes place during the heart of grape harvest.
During this festival, experience vineyard tours, lunches, dinners, events and the fall wine harvest – there is no better way to visit Okanagan wine country. For ten days in early October enjoy over 165 events throughout the valley which are focused on wine, food, education and the arts in one of North America’s most spectacular settings – the Okanagan Valley. This festival continues to be ranked in the top 100 events by the American Bus Association.
The Okanagan Spring Wine Festival is a perfect marriage of wine and culinary tourism. For the first ten days in May each year, it offers a tantalizing experience for anyone who loves fabulous wine accompanied by fine cuisine. And what better way to announce the grape growing season than to hold a Festival during bud break!
Winter Season: January, February, March, April, November and December
$740.00 weekly Canadian $1,690.00 monthly Canadian Night: $105.00 per night
1 week rent at $740.00 plus 5% GST Tax ($37.00) is $777.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $1,277.00.Cleaning fee included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included.
2 weeks rent at $740.00 is $1,480.00 plus 5% GST Tax ($74.00) is $1,554.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $2,054.00. Cleaning Fee Included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included.
Spring Season May and June and Fall Season after long weekend of September and October
$1,180.00 weekly, $169.00 nightly
1 week rent at $1,180.00 plus 5% GST Tax ($59.00) is $1,239.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $1,739.00. Cleaning fee included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included.
2 week rent at $1,180.00 is $2,360.00 plus 5% GST Tax ($118.00) is $2,478.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $2,978.00. Cleaning fee included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included.
Summer Season July 1 to September 3
$3,280.00 weekly Canadian $11,400.00 monthly Canadian Night: $470.00
1 week rent at $3,280.00 plus 5% GST ($164.00) is $3,444.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $3,944.00. Cleaning fee included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included.
2 weeks rent at $3,280.00 is $6,560.00 plus 5% GST ($328.00) is $6,888.00 plus $500.00 damage deposit for a total of $7,388.00. Cleaning fee included. High Speed Wireless Internet and electricity included
Ask about our Winter and Fall Weekend Rates.
We accept personal cheques, money orders, bank drafts and traveler’s cheques. We are not equipped to accept credit card payments. All payments in Canadian Funds. Clearance of cheques mandatory. No overpayments accepted. Pool is from May 1-September 30.
WE ONLY RENT TO PARTIES OF 6 ADULTS OR A PARTY OF 8 WHICH INCLUDES CHILDREN. (I.E. 4 ADULTS AND 4 CHILDREN). IF OUR PROPERTY MANAGER REPORTS MORE PEOPLE AT THE HOUSE YOUR RENT AND DAMGAE DEPOSIT WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED. IF OUR PROPERTY MANAGER REPORTS A PET AT THE HOUSE YOUR RENT AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
Damage deposit of $500.00 required to hold reservation. The owner will then hold the reservation for 10 days pending receipt of the damage deposit. Cancellation Policy - We will refund deposit if we are able to re-rent the same time period. Full rent is due 30 days prior to arrival. If you cancel within 30 days and we are not able to re-rent we will retain the full rent and damage deposit. Full rent must be received 30 days prior to rental or we will retain the damage deposit and you will lose your rental dates.
Keywords: Villa - Casa del Sol
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Only families or mature couples or individuals. We do not accept groups of young people. Maximum 6 adults or party of 8 (including children). If our property manager reports more people we will not return your damage deposit and you will be asked to leave. This is not a party house....moreless
Pets Not Allowed:
ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED. If our property manager reports a pet at the house you will be asked to leave and no monies will be refunded or if there is animal hair in the house when cleaning is done your damage deposit will not be refunded....moreless
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- King size beds (1) Master bedroom has gorgeous view. Own exit to outside deck. King bed with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. En suite bath has two sinks, large walk in shower, extra large soaker tub with panoramic windows looking out to the garden, private toilet. Towels, hair dryers, night lights provided. Cable television/vcr. Large selection of movies. First guest bedroom is in the lower walk out level and also has a gorgeous view. Queen bed with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. Spacious en suite bath has walk in shower, sink, toilet. Towels, hair dryers, nightlights provided. Second guest bedroom is also in the lower walk out level with a gorgeous view. Two single/twin beds with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. Bathroom across the hall that has tub/shower, sink, toilet. Towels, hair dryers, nightlights provided., Queen size Beds (1) Second bedroom downstairs has gorgeous view. Queen bed with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. En suite bath has two sinks, large walk in shower, toilet. Towels, hair dryers, night lights provided. Cable television vcr. Crib with bedding in this bedroom. 2 Baby Gates provided. First guest bedroom is in the lower walk out level and also has a gorgeous view. Queen bed with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. Spacious en suite bath has walk in shower, sink, toilet. Towels, hair dryers, nightlights provided. Second guest bedroom is also in the lower walk out level with a gorgeous view. Two single/twin beds with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. Bathroom across the hall that has tub/shower, sink, toilet. Towels, hair dryers, nightlights provided., Double Beds (1) Downstairs living room has double hideabed/sofa bed with linens provided., Twin or Single Beds (2) Third bedroom has 2 twin beds with all linens, blankets and pillows provided. Full bath with toilet, shower/bath tub and sink across the hall. Towels, hair dryers, night lights provided., Baby Cribs (1) Crib with bedding in the queen bedroom downstairs....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 3.5 All towels provided
Kitchen & Dining
Kitchen island has 4 chairs for eating area. There is also a large dining room table and 6 chairs that look out to the pool and lake. High chair provided. Kitchen is stocked with many dishes, plastic dishes for children, plastic glasses for pool area, serving bowls, pots and pans, baking pans, electric beater, cutlery, tea towels, coffeemaker, toaster, oven with stove, blender, microwave and dishwasher. The house has blow/hair dryers in each bathroom, night lights, alarm clocks, phones in master suite, second bedroom, living room and in kitchen, answering machine, refrigerator with ice machine/cold water, washer, dryer, iron, ironing board and free wireless high speed internet access. Living room downstairs has TV and DVD player. Collection of movies provided. Master bedroom has cable TV/VCR. Attached locked garage to house. Additional parking on driveway. 8 beach towels and 6 beach chairs provided. Large beach cooler provided....moreless
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Gas Fireplace:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Covered Parking:
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Home is located in an area of orchards, vineyards and forest just above the charming village of Okanagan Centre. Town of Winfield is just minutes away. The resort city of Kelowna, 25 minutes away. Half a dozen world class golf courses nearby. There are 3 clean fresh water lakes in the region, Okanagan, Wood and Kalamalka. All feature sandy beaches, swimming, water skiing, boating, sailing, fishing and snorkeling. Casa del Sol comes complete with a canoe, paddles and life jackets for your use at no extra charge. In the winter, the ski resorts of Big White and Silverstar are both only 45 minutes away. Enjoy the renowned Gray Monk Winery and restaurant down the road....moreless
Satellite / Cable:
(5) Cable television in master bedroom, queen bedroom and in living room/entertainment room downstairs and television in upstairs living room. DVD and VHS Machines. Large selection of movies....moreless
- Video Library:
- CD Player
- Music Library
- DVD Player
- Computer Available:
Pool & Spa
Deck / Patio:
Outdoor dining area on one terrace, 2nd terrace is a wonderful sitting area, 3rd terrace with hot tub, 4th is BBQ terrace. 3 Terraces each have a patio table and 6 patio chairs. There are also 6 loungers....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
Location & View
As with most of the Okanagan there is no overnight moorage near the house. The closest overnight moorage is Kelowna which is 25 minutes away. There is an excellent boat launch about 1 mile from the house and it also includes a safe harbor for loading and unloading. Ample room for parking your boat at the house. ...moreless
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Mountain Biking
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- The Winfield Creek Wildlife Preserve is a nine-acre preserve with walking trails and lots of wildlife, including up to 50 species of birds. Lake Country Museum is located at Okanagan Center Park. You can walk to it from the house. Artifacts are housed in a former school house. Part of the school house has been turned into a quaint coffee shop with delicious pastries, cappuccino and an outdoor patio. You can also walk to the OK Center Corner Store where you must try their Okopogo Ice Cream. It is just a 10 minute walk down the hill to a quiet pebble beach, lake walking trails and a safe harbor to launch a boat. The Okanagan is renowned for its numerous outstanding wineries. Opportunities for recreation abound. There are half a dozen world class golf resorts in the Kelowna area, of which two, Predator Ridge and Okanagan Golf Resort are within twenty minutes of Casa del Sol. Jack Nicklaus and Les Furber – two golf greats – have designed magnificent courses in the Okanagan....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Almost perfect stay...
Almost perfect stay...
We had a wonderful stay at this property. The house is spectacular and in a great location. Close to Kelowna without feeling like we were in the city. A few minutes walk down to the lake. Lots of interesting activities of the kids within a short driving distance. Could easily have stayed another week. The only downside was the owner withheld a substantial portion of the damage deposit for items such as leaving drinks in the fridge and glasses left around the house. No discussion or willingness to negotiate. Otherwise would highly recommend and probably would have returned.
- Guest BandG (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada)
- Date of stay 08/11/12
- Review Submitted 09/17/12
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children.
Great Place to Stay
Great Place to Stay
This house had everything. We have 2 small children & the house is nicely set up to accommodate them. Was nice to see a crib set up for babies (we did not use it but it was there) Fully stocked kitchen, everything you need is there. Hot tub was great! Nice views of the lake. Far from a store so ensure you get what you need before you get there.
- Guest Tricia D. (Prince George, BC Canada)
- Date of stay 11/10/11
- Review Submitted 12/03/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, families with young children.
Owner response: We are 20 minutes from the stores on the outskirts of Kelowna but Casa del Sol is 5 minutes away from the town of Winfield where there is a Coopers grocery store. In the same complex there is a liquor store, a Dollar Store, and a Rexall Pharmacy. There are also 2 coffee shops, an IGA grocery store, and the Winfield Bakery nearby! There are lots of restaurants and fast food restaurants in Winfield. I will make sure that this information is available to the next tenants. Thank you
We rented this home for 1 week in July. It was everything it was advertised to be, and more! The house is beautiful; it is fully equipped, from the pool, hot tub, natural gas bbq, the amazing kitchen, beach towels...the details are all there. The view of Lake Okanogan is stunning! The property is immaculate, and is a pleasure to be in. We have rented several different vacation properties, and this one is one of the nicest. The owners are a delight to deal with. Our family would recommend this property to anyone, at any time... Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Guest Della S.
- Date of stay 07/24/11
- Review Submitted 08/12/11
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much! We want our guests to have the best vacation ever and will do whatever we can to make it exceptional. So happy to hear you had a wonderful vacation!
A personal check, money order, cashier's check, PayPal (plus fee),e-transfer or bank transfer is acceptable. Not equipped to accept credit cards. Tax, electricity, high speed internet and cleaning fee included. Winter Season: January, February, March, April, November, December $740.00 weekly Canadian Spring Season: May, June $1,680.00 weekly Canadian Summer Season: July, August $3,280.00 weekly Canadian Fall Season: September, October $1,180.00 weekly Canadian
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2009
The Unique Benefits at this House:
View, view, view, climate, vegetation, lakes, mountains, vineyards, orchards and friendly people.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Casa del Sol - 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath, quiet area, private large pool, hottub
Upstairs master with king bed, tv, ensuite with shower,large tub, toilet, sinks
Living room with panoramic views-open to kitchen and dining room, gas fireplace
Kitchen with oven, stove, microwave, freezer/fridge, water/ice dispenser
Dining room. Exit to terrace with table and chairs to enjoy your meals at.
Large private heated pool.
Covered Cabana for shade with bar fridge, large barbeque, plastic dishes & table
Table and chairs for eating, 6 loungers and 6 blue chairs.
Downstairs bedroom with queen bed, crib, tv, ensuite with shower, toilet, sink
Third bedroom downstairs with two twin beds. Full bathroom across the hall.
Living room downstairs with double hide a bed. Exit to hot tub. TV/dvd/movies.
Panoramic views of Lake Okanagan and mountains. Wonderful sunsets.
Master bedroom's ensuite with extra large tub, shower, 2 sinks and toilet.
Living room with 48 inch television and dvd. Large selection of movies.
Office-high speed wireless internet, printer, scanner and copier. Great View!
Private heated pool. Amazing view of mountains and Lake Okanagan.
Covered Cabana for shade with bar fridge, large barbeque, plastic dishes & table
Private hottub with mountain and lake view.
Queen bedroom downstairs with crib has ensuite with shower, sink and toilet.
Third bathroom across the hall from twin bedroom. Shower/tub, toilet and sink.
Front of house has table, chairs and barbeque. Wonderful morning sun for coffee
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Monday, November 18, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.