VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Nicely furnished large (about 800 SF) one bedroom unit with both king and queen beds on a beautiful river gorge with nearby waterfall and swimming pond. Unit has kitchen, private patio, shared sauna, cable TV, DVR and Wi-Fi. Lush quiet surroundings, yet only 5 minutes to downtown Hilo. All windows look out at beautiful large, landscaped yard - like having your own private tropical rain forest. Parking available (one car) and optional breakfast (fresh fruit, local foods, kona coffee) can be arranged.
We also have a second suite, (a studio apartment with a queen bed) available, that can also be seen on VRBO (#363493) or at Homeaway (#294283).
For more details, map and much more information on things to see and do in the area, etc., please see our web site and blog, OurHiloHome.
Location: A couple blocks off of Mamelahoa Highway in Papaikou, between 6 & 7 mile markers.
27-1993 Enoka Place Papaikou, HI 96781
By the way, Google map directions WILL get you there, but your GPS may not, so you may need the old fashioned way… directions and a map:
Directions from Hilo:
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) north out of Hilo.
2. Landmarks you will pass include the ‘humming bridge’ and the Alae Japanese cemetery.
3. Watch the mile markers. At mile marker 6, take your first left. (if you see mile 7 or beyond, you’ve gone too far)
4. Then an immediate left again until pass though yellow gate (with Enoka Place sign on it)
5. Then keep following the narrow road (VERY SLOWLY please, 10-15 MPH on our little private road, the neighbors will greatly appreciate it, thanks!) until get to row of mailboxes on right and our cream colored, white metal roofed home(s) on your left.
6. There are numbers posted on the front corner–27-1993
7. Continue on the gravel/dirt road, 100 feet or so past the mailboxes around the little bend to the second of the two connected homes, on your left.
Directions from Hamakua Coast and points North (and Kona side):
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) south down the Hamakua coast
2. Landmarks you will pass include Onomea Bay scenic drive and Pinkie’s store (big pink pig).
3. Watch the mile markers. After mile marker 7, take your first right. (if you see mile 6 or below, you’ve gone too far) Follow directions from 4-7 above.
Keywords: Private 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath separate mother-in-law apartment on own floor of large home. Sleeps 4. There's a deluxe full studio (#363493) unit above the one bedroom unit that is available to rent as well. For much more information, directions, etc. for both available units, please see our web site and blog, www.OurHiloHome.com
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Mamalahoa Highway, Hawaii Belt Route or Highway 19
Honoli'i or 'Pinkie's Beach'
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Two dads, biologist and ESL teacher, with two beautiful girls. We bought our little piece of paradise to spend much of our summers and dream of living there full-time one day. Originally from Virginia and Utah, currently living in San Francisco primarily, but have lived in DC, NY, Germany, Sweden, Korea, Thailand & Nigeria, so welcome guests from all over the world.
Why the Owner Chose Papaikou: Besides the home with all its beautiful woods, we fell in love with the very convenient, yet peaceful location and the beautiful, lush surroundings and yard.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: Its location on a stream with waterfall and swim ponds is a bit of heaven for us and a perfect escape from city living for us, our kids and our guests. Yet only a 5 minute, beautiful drive to downtown Hilo, its many ethnic restaurants, shops, museums, etc. And even closer to nice beaches, great botanical garden and scenic drives.