"Bois Coeur" Redwood Shangri-La! - 5 Minutes to Capitola Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Absolutely enchanting and romantic turn of the century country estate on 4.4 heart shaped acres is located just 2 miles to the Village of Soquel, 5 minutes to Capitola Beach, 10 minutes to Santa Cruz, and just 35 minutes to Monterey and Carmel.
The majestic redwoods and the absolute quiet will restore and soothe your soul. Wake to the sun streaming into your open windows - no need for curtains here. Enjoy breakfast on the large deck under the redwoods, just outside the kitchen door. The casement windows open onto the wraparound deck keeping it truly in touch with nature. The south meadow is a great area for play, or having a campfire in the evening. There are so many enchanting scenes and areas on this property everyone will be able to find their "special place".
Keywords: Lodge, Redwoods, Capitola, Craftsman, Cottage, Hiking, Wineries, Nisene Marks Park, Land of Medicine Buddha, Village of Soquel, Antique shops, Village of Capitola, Santa Cruz, Monterey Bay, acreage, quiet, peaceful
- Vacation Rental
The downstairs and surrounding decking are all one level and a ramp up the first 2 steps can be accommodated. There is no walk in shower downstairs. There is a clawfoot tub with shower overhead....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- 100 year old redwoods, creek, wildflowers, absolute quiet, authentic 1908 charm, lots of parking, hiking, wraparound decks, sleep in porch, casement windows huge artist loft, coffered ceilings, wainscotting, country kitchen, 4.4 acres of absolute quiet and the sweet sounds of bird calls surround you in this enchanting historic craftsman cottage. Enjoy the sounds of the babbling nearby creek, or walk down the road to the limitless hiking of Nisene Marks Park. Twin logs form a bridge across the creek into the Land of Medicine Buddha with its magical forest trails, meditation center and prayer wheel. If you are into antiques the Village of Soquel two miles down the road is the place to be. Prefer the beach? Capitola, its nightlife, beaches and restaurants are 5 minutes away. Santa Cruz is 10 minutes north on Hwy 1. There are 3 or 4 wineries on Glen Haven, Bargetto Winery, Hunter Hill Winery and Soquel Vineyards included. This heart-shaped property will embrace you with nature....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Computer Available:
- Mobile Phone:
- Wireless Internet:
- Broadband Access
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- wine tasting, meditation, anitques
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect Soquel/Santa Cruz retreat!
Perfect Soquel/Santa Cruz retreat!
My family of 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 11, 8, 7) stayed at Bois Coeur in mid-June. We had an excellent time spending time at Ariane's property. The house is beautiful and located in an incredibly peaceful setting. The deck that surrounds the house is great for watching the trees or reading or just being alone. The property and the nearby hiking trail are excellent for exploring. While staying here, we went to Capitola and Santa Cruz beaches, but it's a great place to use as a base for anywhere in the Santa Cruz/Monterey area. My wife was sad to leave. It's a place we hope to return to someday and we usually don't like going to the same places more than once,
- Guest hula
- Date of stay 06/13/10
- Review Submitted 06/23/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: It was so nice to see your note saying your "loved" staying at the property...and the response from all of you when you first saw the property made me feel really good. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay - your respect for the property was so evident in the way you left it. I would be delighted to have you come back! with gratitude, Ariane
$2400/week plus 10% tax on all rentals $500 security deposit on all rentals (non refundable if no show)pet deposit addtl $150 cleaning fee on each rental Full payment of all fees must be made 30 days in advance of arrival 1/2 of all fees must be made 60 days in advance of arrival
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: This "heart-shaped" property stole my heart when I first saw it in 2005. It was a hidden jewel but really rundown and needed to be saved. I ran to its rescue and have spend the past 5 years making it a haven for all who enter. I am proud to offer this property to anyone who wants a truly unique and inspiring getaway that transports you to a time long ago and is yet only minutes to the beach, hiking trails, a meditation center, wineries, antique shops, and the beautiful Monterey Bay Sanctuary. If you have never stayed in the Redwoods, you are in for a a special treat. They surround you with their peace and splendor and you will find yourself not wanting to leave!
- Primary: (831) 464-8184 (California, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 08, 2012