Premium Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Best Location 10 Steps to Sand
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kiahuna Plantation condo description
This unit has an in unit washer and dryer which is not common in most other units. It also has a top quality King Matress in the bedroom. Best location on the resort property.
Kiahuna plantation is a low density bungalow style resort located on 35 acres of tropical paradise. It is a lovely resort with one of the highest revisit rates on the island and is located right on one of the best swimming beaches in Poipu. Our unit is one of the only few in the development to be so close to the sand.
Our unit 10 is located on the ground level of a two story building, ocean front in building 3. The condo has been recently renovated by one of the islands premier interior decorators. From the kitchen and living room it looks directly out over the ocean where you can enjoy the gorgeous views. Our unit has a fully-equipped fully open kitchen, king-size bedroom, queen sofa pullout bed, allowing for up to 4 people total occupancy, as well as many owner-supplied extras. Children are certainly welcome at Kiahuna and our unit is one of the best for kids as it opens up right on to the expansive lawn where they can play. We take great pride in our unit and keep it constantly updated. Recent improvements include a newly upholstered sofa and chairs, plantation shutters, new appliances, new bath tile, and new lanai furniture. We also offer a stackable washer and dryer for your convenience, which is a feature you will not find in some of the other units as Kiahuna. Please note that there is no central air conditioning in the units at Kiahuna but our unit is situated to take full advantage of the trade winds to cool the air naturally. Ceiling fans are available in the unit.
Our guests have all the privileges available to any other Kiahuna guest, free wireless internet access, and 24 hour support staff through the onsite management company Castle Resorts. They are there to serve you with any problem that might arise.
Swimming or Tennis? Enjoy complimentary use of the exclusive Poipu Beach Athletic Club directly across Poipu Road for swimming and tennis. We are happy to announce that our club re-opened. It has been improved from the previous operators and will continue to be improved with a fitness club to be added as soon as possible. Note-not all units at Kiahuna are members. Our unit will provide you complementary access during your stay.
There is also a beach hut onsite where you can rent snorkel equipment and boogie boards and other beach necessities. Surfing lessons are offered several mornings a week on the beach in front of the unit. Beach chairs and towels provided free-of-charge at the beach hut.
There are quite a few gas barbeques located throughout the grounds for your use. This is an excellent place to meet and talk with other guests staying at the Kiahuna Plantation Resort. Lots of restaurants are within an easy stroll of the property.
Local Managment company Castle Resorts
Keywords: Bungalow, Kiahuna Plantation, Kiahuna, Poipu, beachfront, condo, remodeled,
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- King size beds (1), Sleep Sofa or Futons (1)
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Parking Off Street
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Massage Therapist
- In our unit is a guide book for guests to use…The Ultimate Kauai Guidebook which you can also buy for your use . You can get an interactive copy on ITunes Store. Also lots of tips are in our unit guest book. Here are some of our own VERY favorite things to do and hints to make your stay perfect: I have put things in bold which you may want to book ahead in busy months (when school is out). There is a Costco near airport..hit it on your way to condo..it is a 30 minute drive home from there. There is an o.k. grocery in Koloa (Big Save). On Monday there is a darling farmers make in Koloa at 12 ..hundreds line up before noon when the gate opens. Also a farmers's market 4 - 6 p.m. at Kukui'ula shopping center in Koloa. Good fish can be had at Koloa Fish market next to Big Save . Good take out lunches. Restaurants We eat at home mostly because of the view but when we go out here are our favorite restaurants: Casablanca..at Kiahuna pool..can walk, outdoors, great happy hour. lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch Joes on the Green - at Kiahuna golf course..nice for breakfast Keoki's- great fish, good bar, and an early bird special..lots of Hawaii atmosphere and can walk Tortilla Republic - casual good Mexican..eat downstairs..at Kukui'ula Pomodoro - terrific Italian, reasonable, a bit of a drive to Kalaheo but pretty drive..make reservation. Kalaheo steak house- a locals place - old fashioned with salad bar. Brenneki's - can walk (15 minutes) - nice view overlooking Poipu beach park - good prime rib, bar, sashimi..casual St. Regis Hotel overlooking Hanalei Bay (Big drive there) expensive but drinks won't kill you Beach House - near by on Lawai Rd. Have not been for years but it is a spectacular spot at sunset. Pricey, upscale Roy's - across the street..not our favorite..noisy, over priced and waiters are slick and pushy but some people love it Kalaheo Coffee - great meals..very casual, deli atmosphere. Kilohana - in Lihue in an old historic house - most genteel restaurant you will ever be in. Fine for lunch. Combine with Grove Farm tour. There are several restaurants at Kukui'ula but I have not tried them. Most are expensive and are not on the water so I'd prefer to eat at home If you really want to do a Luau try Smith's. Hyatt and Sheraton have one too. For drinks in special places : no. 1 is on our lawn at sunset…it's one big cocktail party and great way to meet your neighbors or Plantation Gardens,The Hyatt, Koa Kea (next door), Beachhouse. There is a Starbucks at Marriot's next door. Kiahuna Swimming - Kiahuna has great swimming, boogie boarding and snorkeling. You can take surfing lessons directly in front of our unit. You can rent equipment and cokes at our beach hut..also they have free towels, beach chairs and can sell you activities/excursions/massages (BTW if you book directly with an excursion Co. you can get a discount). three boogie boards are in our closet as well a a few floaties and a beach umbrella Be sure to use the safe in your room, lock sliding doors at night. There have been thefts..they like computers, wallet and jewels. Superb boogie boarding for strong swimmer Poipu Beach Park has great area..also it has a perfect shallow area for babies..and picnic spot. For superb snorkeling go to the beach on Lawai road (about two miles west in front of Beach House restaurant)..you can rent equipment there also. For a special beach where we picnic but not swim try Maha'ulepu down the road. No facilities and no people and it is GORGEOUS Hiking See our book or web sites. Terrific hikes on the island. The one we frequently take starts at the Hyatt down the road and goes south along the coast and golf course. Spectacular views. Golf We love golf on the island. Here we rank the courses: Poipu Bay - pricey and worth it…beautiful course and spectacular views Puakea - in Lihue..gorgeous mtn. views..reasoanable and challenging Kauai Lagoons - beautiful in Lihue..two 18 hole courses Wailua Muni - good value and along the ocean…one of the best muni's in the U.S. Kukuiolono in Kalaheo, 9 holes..an old estate with beautiful views. VERY funky but what value..under $20 to play incl. cart. Be sure to buy at the 'pro shop' food for chickens on the course. Great fun for the whole family. They rent clubs too. Best teaching pro on the whole island..Pat Hunt..reasonable and superb teacher..call him…808 635- 2193 , 808 332 6452. Tennis Kiahuna has a great tennis program. Sign up in the pro shop and they will line up games for you. This brought us to Kiahuna in the first place. You will meet the locals as well. Brig racquets Excursions These are our favorites ATV ride at Kipu Ranch..gorgeous and exciting..on a private ranch Museum at Grove Farm - tour an original house from the 1800's and learn how the early white settlers fared National Tropical Botanical Garden- 3 hour guided tour of garden..about 3 miles from...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband & I just returned from a week long stay in Poipu. We have been going to Maui since 1990 but I have to say, I don't know if we'll ever go back. Kauai was breath-taking! The Kiahuna Plantation couldn't be more perfectly situated. We enjoyed several restaurants near the unit, our favorite was The Dolphin which opened in Nov 2012. The freshest fish around both lunch and dinner are fabulous. We also enjoyed Tortilla Republic, Keokis and Dude's Dogs. The deli at Brennecke's has great sandwiches. The grounds of the Kiahuna are impeccable, the beach and entire beach front down to Brennecke's is gorgeous. The view from the condo has spoiled us in that we only want to rent a unit with an ocean view. The condo itself was comfortable and tastefully decorated. We enjoyed our week's stay so much that we are returning next summer with our children. I was hoping to rent this unit for my parents but it's already booked for one of the week's we'll be here. However, we will not hesitate to rent again if it's available during future trips. We enjoyed seeing the Waimea Canyon and venturing to the North Shore as well. However, there is everything you need right at the Kiahuna. My husband surfed Waiohai 6 out of the 7 days and the beach in front of the complex is perfect people learning to surf, including children. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely home with us. What a slice a heaven Kauai and the Kiahuna Plantation are!
- Guest Carrie L.
- Date of stay 09/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/15/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Ground Floor Unit Opens to Beautiful Ocean View
Ground Floor Unit Opens to Beautiful Ocean View
We stayed as a family of 4, with 2 teenagers. A bit cramped, but not too uncomfortable. Loved stepping right out to the lawn and the beach. It was easy to grab a cold drink, pull up a chair and enjoy the Poipu surf. We took advantage of having a washer/dryer in the unit and the full kitchen to save some bucks. We would definitely consider renting this unit again. Maybe next time as a couple, leaving the kids at home!
- Guest Wineman (United States)
- Date of stay 07/29/13
- Review Submitted 08/08/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
My husband and I came to Poipu with our two children who surf. This setup was SO perfect! The condo was even better than the pictures make it. The view was perfect. There was something for everyone here. Waves, snorkeling, swimming, lawns for the times you don't want sandy feet. It was so easy to go in and out from the beach. We will definitely be back here. My children were actually bummed we did 3 here and 7 in Hanalei. They much preferred Kiahuna!
- Guest Corrina (United States)
- Date of stay 08/17/12
- Review Submitted 09/07/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
My favorite unit in the resort!
My favorite unit in the resort!
My family just returned from 12 wonderful nights in this unit. We've stayed at Kiahuna Plantation four other times (including being married there), but this is the first time we booked directly through an owner. It was a great experience and more affordable. This was the first time we stayed in an ocean front unit and wow, what a difference! We went with two small kids and being right down on the great lawn was perfect. The kids could have some freedom to go outside and run around while still visible to us. If the kids were busy or sleeping, my husband and I could walk a few steps and enjoy the view of the beach and waves while still being able to hear/see them. There are only a couple of units that are closer to the ocean, and I think that I would prefer this location over those because of the room to play directly in front. The pictures were very accurate, in fact the ocean seems a little closer in person. You can see the waves while sitting inside or on the patio, and take a few steps across the lawn to see the beach. There is a BBQ area very close to the unit on the great lawn. We grilled fish and enjoyed picnic dinners on many of the nights. After dark, we'd take the kids to the little ponds around the property to find huge frogs, which was one of their favorite activities! Kiahuna has a nice pool with a water slide and an awesome area for little kids, although it's across the street. We liked to go over there and have poolside lunch and drinks. The grounds are lush, the beach is beautiful, and the staff is always very helpful and friendly. I certainly have and will refer my friends to this unit, we loved our stay! Thanks!
- Guest Krystie (United States)
- Date of stay 05/07/12
- Review Submitted 05/20/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Hope to stay againGuest comment entered by owner
Hope to stay again
Thanks so much for sharing your condo with us. We had a great, great time on Kauai!!! We love the location of your condo and we met some great people in the surrounding units too. I surfed everyday with my sons and watched the son rise and set with my wife each day. We saw tons of whales, just from the shore everyday. We heard this is the most that has been seen in the last 30-40 years!! Thanks again. It was great working with you.
- Guest James
- Date of stay 01/04/12
- Review Submitted 02/15/12
Just wanted to say what a lovely time we had at your condo. It truly is one of the very best locations on the property. Ground floor walk out the lanai is our preference, and this was perfect for morning sunrise stroll with coffee in hand, or sunset mai tai. We met many wonderful condo owners and long time returnees; just a wonderfuly group of people adding to the atmosphere of the property. Makes evenings at the grill fun, fun! We traveled with our 11 and 13 year old sons and the location to the beach and green could not have been better. We rented surf boards for our whole time there and they were out surfing from the morning to the evening, so happy to be right on the beach. A fantastic location on Kauai for many activities. Amazing display of whales this winter so we did a sunset dinner cruise for and up close experience and we were not disappointed. Don't miss the farmers market for stocking the kitchen and Kauai fresh treats. Accomodations worked out just fine. The king bed is very comfortable, the queen sleeper a quick set up and the kitchen well supplied. As the Hawaiian's say, Mahalo! Just lovely.
- Guest Beach Bums at Heart (Durham, CA USA)
- Date of stay 01/23/12
- Review Submitted 02/15/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Email from a guestGuest comment entered by owner
Email from a guest
Before this gets completely away from me I wanted to drop you a note to say how much we enjoyed staying at your place on Kaua'i. We managed to dodge the rain drops to get in both a helicopter ride (the morning after lots of rain so the entire island looked like a waterfall) and a sail (well, 15 minutes were under sail) up the Na'pali Coast. Both were thrilling. Your place was very comfortable and well equipped. With so much of the world to see it's hard to say whether we'll be back to Kaua'i, but if we do we will definitely be in touch for a repeat.
- Guest Tom
- Date of stay 12/10/11
- Review Submitted 12/24/11
The condo at number 10 is just perfect for a getaway --- either for a family or for a couple. The beachfront view is stunning and the atmosphere in the unit is incredibly calming and pleasant. We enjoyed hanging out both on the beach and the lawn, swimming in the gentle surf, watching sunsets from the patio and grilling our dinners at the adjacent community grill. Kiahuna Plantation is well located to explore the entire beautiful island. You will have a great vacation at Number 10!
- Guest Robin (DC)
- Date of stay 09/20/11
- Review Submitted 11/30/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, romantic getaway.
heavenGuest comment entered by owner
"Heaven on earth." Ideal location, close proximity to beach, lawn and barbecue. The best condo location in the complex. Recently updated with a great kitchen with an amazing sunset view each night and a super comfortable bed. We never wanted to eat out! Cooking at sunset with our own Mai Tai's was the highlight of our day. Beach walk distance to the Sheraton, Koa Kea and Waiohai for all the hotel amenities you might want and a great shopping complex across the street. The golfing was fun and they gave us a great discount since we were staying at Kiahuna. Will return soon, would not think of staying anywhere else. Owners are easy to work with.
- Guest Roger and Keri
- Date of stay 01/14/11
- Review Submitted 11/28/11
This Property has everything you could want for a romantic getaway
This Property has everything you could want for a romantic getaway
This condo is wonderful for a romantic escape or relaxing beach getaway for a couple. The unit itself has a stunning and comfortable interior with contrasting tones of beiges and creams with Asian design elements. The kitchen is well stocked, and the living area looks directly out onto a large grassy area with beach just beyond. Nothing but grass (with shady areas if wanted) between you and the sand. The grounds have gardens at every turn and are worth a walk around in themselves. We usually barbecued and ate at the outdoor table on the covered lanai enhanced by tropical trees and ornamental plants. If you want to eat out, there is a lovely restaurant on the grounds and many fine places to drive to within minutes There are many extras like beach towels and chairs without charge at the booth just across the grass. The nearby town Koloa is pretty and fun for a little shopping and groceries. We hiked and kayaked at other nearby locations. There are no negatives--the unit makes for a lovely beach holiday in every way. I would recommend it to friends without reservation and would return in a heartbeat.
- Guest Mary (Bellingham, WA)
- Date of stay 11/12/07
- Review Submitted 11/22/11
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
PLEASE INQUIRE for our Rates on this premier oceanfront bungalow unit. Deposit of 2 nights rent to Hold Reservation. Deposit Refundable within 60 Days. Occupancy tax of 13.42%. See Our Calendar for Availability. Calendar is always up to date
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: Bruce and Barbara Swenson live in Palo Alto California. Their daughter Brooke Richardson a Realtor in Wilmington, NC helps them to manage the VRBO rentals of their unit at Kiahuna Plantation Hawaii tax ID # is: 01411896-01
Why the Owner Chose Kiahuna Plantation:
Our unit is one of the only few in the development to be so close to the sand. We were drawn to the ground floor unit as we feel there is seamless access to the ocean and wonderful lawn area. Swimming or Tennis? Enjoy complimentary use of the exclusive Poipu Beach Athletic Club directly across Poipu Road for swimming and tennis. We are happy to announce that our club re-opened. It has been improved from the previous operators and will continue to be improved with a fitness club to be added as soon as possible. Note-not all units at Kiahuna has access to club. We are members so you will have complimentary access during your stay.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
Our guests have all the privileges available to any other Kiahuna guest, free wireless internet access, and 24 hour support staff through one of the onsite management companies Castle Resorts. They are there to serve you with any problem that might arise.
- Primary: (910) 297-8414 (North Carolina, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
We are located in the middle on the bottom floor of this building
Open living room to kitchen
Sunset from the unit
the great lawn
View from living room
Fabulous swimming beach right out front
unit is circled in red
in unit washer and dryer in cloest
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, February 28, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.