VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
PLEASE NOTE: THE QUOTES GENERATED ON THIS SITE MAY BE INCORRECT. THE HA/VRBO PROGRAM WILL FREQUENTLY PRODUCE AN INCORRECT QUOTE, ESPECIALLY FOR QUOTES LONGER THAN 7 NIGHTS. PLEASE USE OUR WEBSITE TO OBTAIN AN ACCURATE QUOTE. (WWW.COASTALLIVINGVACATION.COM)
BOOK OUR BEACH HOME BECAUSE:
• Location – Pirates Beach is a premier location with a private Country Club and the nicest maintained beaches. The home is located 600 steps from the beach with a beach view from the great room and Lanai and a short distance from the Galveston Country Club for golfers.
• Spoonbill is a Premier Property – Four-and-a-half years of very satisfied guests. Up-Scale Home with solid red oak hardwood floors throughout, granite counters in kitchen and white subway tile backsplashes, plank tile flooring in all bathrooms and laundry room, black granite kitchen sink, tastefully decorated with clean bright appearance that is both inviting and relaxing.
• Layout – The layout is ideal with 4 bedrooms and three baths all on one floor, a private elevator from the parking level to the main house floor and wide hallway and handicap accessible bathroom in the Master the home accommodates elderly and handicapped guests.
• Accommodations - There are two bedrooms with private baths (the master with a king size bed and a guest room with a queen size bed. A third bedroom has two twin beds and the fourth bedroom has two double bunk beds. The hall bathroom serves as the guest bathroom and the bathroom for the two bedrooms that don’t have a private bath. It has double sinks to accommodate two people when appropriate. There is ample closet space with several large walk-in closets and a large linear closet in the master.
• Fully Equipped Kitchen – High End SS Induction Range, SS Bosch dishwasher, SS Kitchenaid Microwave and SS Twin Compressor Samsung French Door Fridge and all cook ware and utensils, one Keurig and one large coffee maker, blender and a Cuisinart
• Guest Access – to Galveston Country Club
• Laundry – Large High End LG washer & Dryer, washing supplies and ironing board & iron
• Numerous Extras – these include: 1. Beach chairs 2. Beach sun shades 3. Beach umbrellas 4. Two large coolers on wheels 5. Large Weber BBQ grill 6. Picnic table and seating in the carport area 7. Hammock 8. Swing chair 9. Teak dining set on Lanai 10. Several lounging chairs 11. Beach towels 12. Children’s sand toys 13. Inflatable toys 14. Boogie Boards 15. Apple TV 16. Sony Play Station 3 17. 50” Flat Screen TV in Great Room 18. 30” Flat Screen TV in Bunk Room 19. Blue Ray DVD Player in Bunk Room & Great Room 20. CD Player in Master Bedroom 21. Amplifier and Speaker for iPod or other music players 22. Children’s toys and games in the bunk room 23. Free high speed Internet WiFi 24. Canon Wireless Printer and Scanner
Optional Extras – Available: 1. Our Beach Buggy style golf cart rental 2. Cleaning Service to Wash down and put away beach chairs, umbrellas and shades 3. Cleaning Service to Dump ashes and clean up BBQ grill 4. Washing, Drying & Put Away Beach towel service 5. Oven Cleaning Service
★★★★★ HOW OUR GUESTS RATE THIER STAY
Read the Reviews; repeat guests keep increasing every year.
HOW TO BOOK
1. GO TO ONLINE BOOKING WEB SITE AT: www.CoastalLivingVacation.com - copied and pasted into your browser. 2. Select the Spoonbill Galveston property. 3. Select 'Booking & Availability' from the top row of options. 4. Select your check-in date on the calendar 5. Select your check out date on the calendar 6. Click the 'Book Now' button You will be presented with an instant exact quote including all fees and taxes. You can select any options you desire and the total amount will be recalculated. You can then proceed and make your booking request.
Elevator available for handicapped and guests unable to use stairs. Air Conditioning: 2 Units (Back and Front Living Area on separate thermostats). Washer & Dryer: Pantry & Laundry Room in unit with a deep sink to rinse our bathing suits. Linens Provided: One set per week for each bed plus 2 towels, 2 hand towels and 2 wash cloths per person. Spares available but must be washed by renter if used. 1-car with garage opener, large pull wagon, boogie boards, hammock and BBQ grill. Covered parking for 4 cars with room for recreation. Since association rules only allow a maximum of 4 cars, there is ample room for a boat & trailer or RV. The elevator is an optional feature. Because it is dangerous for children and they tend to want to play with them we will only make available for guests that need an elevator for handicap or elderly use.
The Golf Cart is an Optional Amenity....moreless
Games For Kids
(9) There are numerous CDs for guest use and also books that guests may want to read...moreless
Satellite / Cable:
Both flat panel TVs have cable with the living room also having a DVR.
Apple TV is also available....moreless
Electrolux Induction Range and Convection Oven. Please note that induction stoves heat and cook much faster than conventional electric ranges. High heat should be reserved for boiling water....moreless
The rear deck is great for sunning and getting away from the other guests when you want some quiet time alone or to read. An enclosed sun room leads out to it with access from the master bedroom and the bunkbed room...moreless
The front deck with a view of the water is covered with a roof providing shade and allowing the cool breeze to keep you comfortable. There is a small area exposed to the sun for those want more sun and it is the heart of the outdoor area....moreless
Lawn / Garden:
There is a nice size rear lawn for playing yard games....moreless
Large weber BBQ available in the garage for use in the carport or yard....moreless
Fourth of July Week Jun 29 - Jul 5, 2015 7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Monday
Summer Weeks II Jul 6 - Aug 16, 2015 6 night min stay
$600 Fri, Sat, Sun
Changeover Day: Monday
Labor Day Week Aug 24 - Sep 2, 2015 3 night min stay
$600 Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Lone Star Rally Week Nov 2 - Nov 8, 2015 3 night min stay
$600 Fri, Sat, Sun
Thanksgiving Week Nov 23 - Nov 30, 2015 3 night min stay
$550 Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Christmas Week Dec 21 - Dec 27, 2015 3 night min stay
$550 Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
New Years Week 2015 Dec 28 - Jan 4, 2016 3 night min stay
$550 Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
My Standard Rate 2 night min stay
$450 Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$500
Cleaning & Linen Fee$190 + tax
Booking Fee$65 + tax
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OR POLICY VISIT OURWEB SITE AT www.coastallivingvacation.com AND SELECT THIS PROPERTY.
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Pay with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Just 8 miles SW of Galveston on the Gulf Cost beachside with a beach/water view
Other Activities: shopping, kayaking, boating, parasailing, shelling, wildlife viewing
Golf: Golf is available at the Galveston Country Club with your guest pass by just paying the green fees. It is close by and a very nice course.
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I just retired from the Department of the Navy and my wife is a retired 4th grade school teacher. We both enjoy traveling, sailing and cruising and being close to the water. We like to relax in the warm tropics with friendly people, good music and a nice cold drink. Talking, story telling, laughing, dancing and having fun with other people or sometimes just sitting quietly and reading a good book are our ideas of fun.
We enjoy meeting new people and have found the folks in Texas to be friendly and charming. We both like warm weather and frequently vacation in the Caribbean. My wife likes being in the sun and I like being in the shade. This house accommodates us both nicely.
Why the Owner Chose Pirates Beach: Everyone always asks us, 'Why Galveston?' when you live in California with its beautiful beaches and great climate. Candidly, Galveston is one of the hidden gems in coastal living. We wanted beach property that was not too far from a major city because we are used to having large city amenities and access whenever we want it with Los Angeles just 45 miles away from our home in San Clemente California. With Galveston's close proximity to Houston, it made it ideal. We wanted a home that was modern but beachy and close to the beach without being on the beach with the additional risk for damage from hurricanes like Ike. Pirates Beach is upscale but relaxed with a good balance of rules that makes it a nice family friendly place to visit and live. We find the people to be friendly and whether one is going to the Spot for hamburgers or to Rudy & Paco's for a gourmet meal we have had fun. Now with Waterman's open and close by we have another great place to go for evening entertainment. We looked at many Galveston locations and properties before finally settling on this property. The big problem that many properties have as you go further west is that they are too far from town and we didn't want to spend our vacation driving when we wanted to go out for dinner or a movie. We felt Jamaica Beach was as far west as we would consider.
We hope that those of you that choose to rent our home enjoy it and take care of it as it is our home away from home and one we may well retire to if conditions permit.
The Unique Benefits at this House: There are very few single story homes in Pirates Beach and that was a major attraction for us. For those with elderly or handicapped guests in their party that cannot maneuver stairs it is the difference between being included or excluded from the group activities. With a large great room, guests can easily socialize together. A real bonus is the private elevator so even though the homes are all built on stilts, there is no need to use the stairs for those less capable or when loaded down with supplies.