VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
- Enjoy this clean spacious remodeled downtown loft over the owners retail store below (Above Colorado Homestead 165 E Elkhorn Ave). Drive if you must to Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley, Golden and other Front Range towns. You may walk to most everything in town.
- Park your car in its own spot under the large barbecue deck in back. Other non posted, free 24 hour city parking is adjoining the property.
- You will enjoy the exciting views out the front windows of the stores and the people below, Longs Peak mountain (Rocky Mountain National Parks highest peak 14,256 feet above sea level), the Aerial Tram and Park Theater tower.
- You will like the space of this 1,600 square foot home perfect for Families, Couples or singles wanting to be in town. The living room has two queen hide-a-way beds. The 1.25 bath is one with a sink and toilet and one with a sink, toilet and shower. The kitchen is open to the livingroom and dinning table plus separating serving counter with bar stools. Additionally there are three bedrooms and a desk room.
- The historic mountain pictures on the walls give you a feel for the history of Estes Park. The plants are real. Please do not water them. We water them on Wednesday.
- There are shuttle buses to Rocky Mountain National Park (5 miles from town). You could stay here without a car, then walk and bike to everything.
- Ernie, whom you will rent from, manages two businesses in town. Your vacation rental is owned by the business. Ernie is a native of Estes Park and will be a wonderful resource for you. He will provide you with the best places to go and how to get there. Any questions you have about the area, government, construction, real estate, investing or the universe in general, he will be glad to discuss with you. Age 60.
- When you get to town and find your exciting private rental above Colorado Homestead 165 E. Elkhorn Avenue (downtown Estes Park on the North side of the street) go east to the corner and turn North into the parking lot adjoining Virginia Drive. You will see an alley in front of the Virginia street barbershop. Turn into this alley and you will see your marked parking space under the deck. The Sign on the deck says 'UP'. There is a large deck above with a gas grill, round table and chairs. Don't judge a book by its cover. You will be delighted when you open the door and start exploring this very reasonable very wonderful place. There is a lock box on the outside door jam under the porch light for your key. The hall has two bedrooms off of it, one on each side. A full size mirror for your observations. Then a den office with a sky light. This area is good for your bikes, suitcases and bags. The knotty pine desk is for Wi-Fi or direct plug in high speed bandwidth. The bathrooms are on the right on the way to the kitchen. The 3rd bedroom, kitchen, living room, dining room upper bath with laundry machines, are all on a new level (up about 6') and on beautiful, clean hard wood oak floors. You may see this in the pictures. There is a large deck in back with a gas grill, round table and chairs.
- We have tried to furnish with everything in mind that you may need (flower vases, cork screws, baking dishes, fast band width, etc.) We want you to be very satisfied.
- If you are ready or have any questions call anytime day or night. Carpe Vacationum-'Seize the Vacation'
The views out the front windows look at the main street businesses and shoppers below, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Parks highest peak: Longs Peak 14,256 feet above sea level. Also you will enjoy the in town mountain and its red tramway car going up and down the mountain. Also you can see the towns historic Park Theater Tower. You'll want to look out these Exciting windows. In the back is a large deck with close proximity mountain views too.
The plants inside the property are real. We water them on Wednesday (please don't water the plants)....moreless
At this time we have Apple TV and a DVD player only. Dish TV....moreless
Satellite / Cable
Dish TV, Apple TV, DVD player. High Def. 32'...moreless
Local Services & Businesses
Looking out the front windows onto main street below or over the town buildings to Longs Peak 14,256 feet elevation....moreless
Of Prospect Mountain and its tram way car, and more distant snow peaks such as Longs Peak the 14,256 footer. Views of wooded mountain sides from deck in back. ...moreless
Estes Park: a small Colorado Mountain town outside of Rocky Mountain National Park. It is a fun and beautiful town. Downtown is 3 blocks and a shopping center on each end. Only 3 stop lights! 7,500'...moreless
Sports & Adventure Activities
Cross Country Skiing
3 Megabits per second (Mbps) download and upload
hard cable connect as well as Wi-Fi...moreless
Living room has two Queen couches and an easy chair. TV, DVD, Apple TV. open to the dinning table and kitchen bar....moreless
There is one parking space on the property under your deck in back. The adjoining Virginia Parking Lot is 3 Hour. One side (unposted) of Virginia Drive & Park Lane have unlimited parking (24 hour)...moreless
Parking Off Street:
Next to the building parking lot 3 hours, Park Lane and Virginia Drive have one side posted (3 hours) and one side of the street un-posted (good for 24 hours) and one private space under your deck....moreless
Yes bath, hand and washcloths for all guests....moreless
3 Megabits per second (Mbps) download and upload
hard cable connect or WiFi...moreless
If you want catering Ernie may be able to arrange it for you. He knows some fantastic cooks in town....moreless
This kitchen is very well furnished with knives, baking dishes, flower vases, cutting boards etc....moreless
Kitchen is well furnished with plenty of cutting boards, knives, utensils, dishes, flower vases, pots, baking dishes, bar b q tools, etc. The serving eating bar is very good for those watching the kitchen activity....moreless
Deck / Patio:
Good size with a large deck across the back width of the building. Deck comes with a round table and chairs and gas grill....moreless
Rates are based on 8 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
During the off season we can lock off one or two of the three3 bedrooms, giving you a lower rate if you do not need all three bedrooms.
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Our guests enjoy the convenience of our downtown location and people watching out of the front windows to the street below. Also viewing the Mountains and the village river walk and buildings is very exciting. The cool climate and mountain atmosphere makes Estes Park a century old family vacation spot.
Year Purchased: 1982
About the owner: - Ernie, whom you will rent from, manages two businesses in town. Your vacation rental is owned by the business. Ernie is a native of Estes Park and will be a wonderful resource for you. He will provide you with the best places to go and how to get there. Any questions you have about the area, government, construction, real estate, investing or the universe in general, he will be glad to discuss.
Why the Owner Chose Estes Park: Our business has been under the same ownership since 1947. At the time this property was purchased the upstairs was the home of the store owner below. We have rented it out for years on a 1 year lease basis. But, the size worked against us due to the renter always sub renting. In 2007, we did a major renovation. Then we were afraid to rent it because it was so new and wonderful. Eventually after all our friends urged us to turn it into a vacation rental, we furnished it and we found out our friends were right! They kept telling us, 'Everyone will love it. Turn it into a vacation rental! People love to stay in downtown lofts. People watch out the windows.' etc. They were right. It has been very popular. We have used rental agents in the past but now we are going to manage it ourselves. That is why it is so reasonable and why it is taken care of so well. We developed and discovered a step at a time, that this is the nicest loft in Estes Park, and we never even knew we had it.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: The action and activity out the windows makes this place exciting. The fully furnished open kitchen bar and large beautiful hard wood floors makes the place attractive and warm. The knotty pine also gives you a feeling for the mountains history and an earlier time of the business and town. The convenience can't be understated. All or part of your group may come and go often without needing to start up the car. If you get board or curious look out the window and see what is going on below. It is really fun being up there. It is kind of like you are the privileged to be up there. Like you are from town and maybe own the business below and live up there.