Family Reunion? This Lakehouse Takes Care of You All!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Windermere house description
Grandma Stella had a dream. She and her children and grandchildren helped design and build a holiday house- a magical place where 3 or 4 families could come together and have fun, and also have private space for renewal and relaxation. Its' unique design makes it cozy enough for 4 and spacious enough for 14. This lakehouse is Stella's Dream. We hope our magical place will become your magical place.
The main floor has two bedrooms, each with a queen bed. The lower walkout level has two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, one of the bedrooms has its own sitting area - great for the grandparents or families wanting to keep younger children close overnight. Tuck away the kids or other guests in the loft level bedroom with a bunk bed (double lower and single upper) as well as a twin bed. A pull out couch in the open adjacent loft games area sleeps 2 more.
Three bathrooms, two with showers, one with soaker tub ensure the bathroom lineups stay short even with a full house! Yep, we are on a septic system. Take care!
Don't miss any of the action in the kitchen. This house is designed around a spacious kitchen with counter seating for 6 and additional dining table seating for 6. The deck and barbecue are steps away.
The walkout lower level covered patio is not only a 60 second slow stroll to the beach but upon return has great space outside to drip dry all the wet suits, towels, life jackets and other soggy beachwear and toys...another hassle free design. Washer and dryer are just upgraded.
Meet your new neighbors at the beach -- boaters, water skiers, wake boarders and youngsters trying to catch the fish that got away. Catch a float or swim in the safe swimming area. Our neighbours might take you kayaking to the water lilies at the south end of the lake.
Pick raspberries, pears, apples in the grassy back yard by day; watch the stars around the firepit at night. Marvel at the beautiful lake view and sunsets gently swinging in the hanging chairs on the wrap around partly covered deck.
A well stocked small grocery store is a few blocks away. They will reserve you a paper if you must stay in touch. A longer walk or a five minute drive gets you to a fresh produce market if going into Inveremere to shop for groceries feels too much like home.
All ages and abilities can be accommodated at the many golf courses. Take a hike to see the hoodoos, or see them from the air by the local flying company. Explore the vibrant arts community, Saturday market, shopping and wine and dining in Inveremere, Radium and Fairmont.
Start planning your fall and winter activities now! Remember this is a great place to watch salmon swimming upstream to spawn in the early fall.
Panorama Ski Resort is a 45 minute drive away. Ski or board some of the longest runs in Canada. Remember the Bugaboo Heli skiing starts from here. You'll want to come back in every season!
Keywords: Lake House, Vacation Home
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 12-14
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- bright, large mirrors, soft water.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Parking Off Street:
- Designed for families to come together, have private space and lots of communal space on all three levels to play together. Bright, spacious, deck on three sides with stunning lake view. Walk to the lake from grassy back yard 1 minute! Walk to the public Windermere sandy beach a few more minutes. Firepit apple tree, pear tree...moreless
- Game Room:
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Mountain View:
- Lake View
- Mountain Biking
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Theme Parks
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Something for everyone in this location! Looking for outdoor events for the whole family? Walk to Windermere minigolf and go carts if your group is planning activities for all ages. Radium and Fairmont Hot pools are a short drive away if you have enjoyed local Hidden Bay and Windermere public beach swimming and water activities. Golfing options are legion! A wide selection of Par 3 golf courses, right up to award winning Grey Wolf at Panorama await your visit. Coy is small, and beautifully landscaped. Copperpoint has family specials and well designed courses to match every ability. Windermere Valley golf course is great for groups of all abilities. Got some adrenaline seeking water babies in your group? White water rafting, boat rentals including non motorized boats at Pete's Marina may be just what you are looking for. Kinsman Beach in Invermere boasts beautiful white sand and opportunities to watch wakeboarding or dragon boat competitions. While at Kinsman Beach check out Pynelogs Cultural Centre art exhibitions, art classes and casual dining. The historical gardens are stunning. Food? and Wine? In Windermere? Family Pantry one block up the street is well stocked. Pre order your paper too if you must stay in touch. Hopkins Market a few more blocks away sells fresh produce, freshly made savoury and sweet items and you can eat in. Choose to catch a bite in one of the many eaterys and coffee shops in Invermere. Consider once you get past Radium and your cell phone reception returns give Peppi's Pizza a buzz. Great pizza to pick up on your way to our place in Windermere. Looking for a bit more upscale dining experience? Strands offers exceptional food in an historical house. Catch a very economincal early bird dinner on Fridays or reserve for later and dine inside, or on the veranda - a lovely setting for those later adult group evenings. Many other restaurants are great. Check out Portobellos in Invermere or drive to Hoodoo Grill, past the hoodoos for a memorable dining and live music experience. No visit to Invermere is complete without picking up pastries and breads at Quality Bakery-a very long tradition of serving take away and eat in items all day. I love to vist Artym Gallery- main street Invermere every time I visit. This bright and airy gallery showcases many artists, local and world class. Paintings, glass, carvings, metal works, jewelry, all are eye catching. 'Just looking' or an interested prospective buyer, the owners, Connie and Grey are always welcoming! If you go, tell them Wendy sent you. Nope, no commision but a great experience! History buffs will enjoy the museum in Invermere and for those inclined a walk through the Windermere Cemetary sheds some light on some bygone days. Not sure what to do? Check the Toursit Information Centre close to Invermere Crossing for seasonal events, hiking trails, glider options and musical events. Interesting things to do abound. The Lakehouse experience, visiting with friends and family, enjoying visiting on the covered wrap around deck and occasionally sauntering to the lake or local shops is a bit of all right, all by itself. This place has it all!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Oct 4 - Dec 20, 2013
7 night min stay
Dec 21 - Dec 27, 2013
7 night min stay
|New Year week
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2014
7 night min stay
Jan 3 - Mar 28, 2014
7 night min stay
Mar 29 - May 16, 2014
7 night min stay
May 17 - Sep 6, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
1. Preference given to family reunions and groups who will enjoy our lovely home as much as we do.
2. Reduced rates for returning families.
3. Extra charge for adult groups over 8. Exceptions for small children
1. Immediately at signing Interac bank transfer $1000.00 -damage deposit and vacation time guarantee
2. 3 month prior to rental date Interac bank transfer - first half rental fee + half cleaning fee
3. 2 month prior to rental date Interac bank transfer - second half rental fee + half cleaning fee
4. full damage deposit refund, acceptable walk through within 2 weeks of departure
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$1000
- cleaning: C$300
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Motorway: 93/95 at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Hidden Bay and Windermere Public at 15 Metres
- Nearest Ski: Panorama at 30 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Windermere Valley at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Windy Cafe at 1000 Metres
Year Purchased: 1993
About the owner: Bob and I own this property. We enjoy bringing out friends and family year round. This unique home was designed and built in part by my mother, my husband and children, my brothers and family. What a project! Mother Stella, affectionately known as Stelli, wanted to create a vacation home large enough to accommodate families and friends, cozy enough to share laughs, keep the kitchen and the deck the focal point of the house, and have space for reflection and relaxation. The apple tree was to be saved. The well tended raspberries were to be saved. The kids painted. The kids played. A few times we visited the hospital for stitches. The kids found the candy store and ice cream store and took the dogs into the water. We have watched our children and cousins grow - tykes with hammers, dog paddlers in the lake, visitors to the fort in the forest, growing into water sport enthusiasts, skilled swimmers and boat drivers, watching fireworks from the boats on Canada Day. Now all of us are adults. Of course the youngest golf's the best! We all love this house in different ways. The magic and memories live on. We hope you too can enjoy this wonderful house built for families to share good times together.
Why the Owner Chose Windermere:
Lots to do, summer and winter, when not lazing around having fun with family and friends, made this the perfect spot for us. Easy to get to from Calgary for a weekend or longer any time of year!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The design- great for multi- family groups to share fun times and private times. The deck- large, great lake view and mostly covered. The location- beach, local shops, eateries and you dont have to drive anywhere if you dont want to! The fruit- in season. Fantastic experiences for we city slickers.
- Primary: (403) 457-6262 (Alberta, Canada)
- Secondary: (403) 680-6262 (Alberta, Canada)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spacious front room that brings the outside in-great lake and mountain views.
Mainfloor bathroom with shower-close to kitchen and both deck doors
Sunny loft games area, TV and pull out couch, private bunk bedroom adjacent
Walkout level family room. Peak into private sitting area large bedroom down
Bright and roomy bathroom walkout level
Spread out anywhere on the deck, even tents for the kids!
Hop skip and jump past the backyard firepit, go left and you're at the lake
Our view- your new backyard summer or winter
The Gathering Place Always in the Kitchen
Central stairs invite you to the loft level bedroom and games area
Tuck kids, cousins and extra guests in the loft bedroom by the games room
Large bedroom and private sitting area, walkout level, backyard/lake view
What could be better? Large deck, great lake view & lake minutes from back d
Chase the sun, or not! This front deck wraps around to an outstanding lake view
Our view. Hidden Bay Marina
Welcome to Stella's Dream - Cozy in front, steps to the beach at back. Uniqu
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 05, 2013
5 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.