VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Abalone Beach Cottage sleeps 8 with 2 queens and 2 doubles in 4 separate rooms; 2 upstairs and 2 downstairs. 1 1/2 bath, shower only. Enjoy the beautiful ocean views from our charming beach home. It is wonderful for family gatherings or a peaceful getaway. There is a large lawn for volleyball and a fenced yard for a small pet. There is easy access for walks on the beach and you can walk to three State Parks. You can enjoy your own cooking or go out to eat at one of the coastal towns. Visit any one of the cool beaches along 101. Go for a hike in the coastal habitat, rest, read books, or our personal favorite, sit on the couch and watch the waves.
Keywords: Cottage, Beach, Ocean, Family, Garden, Two-Story, Cute, Rates include cleaning
Winter (Except Holidays) Oct 1 - Apr 30 2 night min stay
My Standard Rate 2 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$100
Holidays require 3-night minimum stay
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Joint owners of Abalone Beach Cottage are Dennis & Susan, and Joe & Jeri of Eugene, Oregon. Our motivation for buying Abalone Beach Cottage was its location just steps from the beach AND the beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean from the living room and kitchen. We love to have our morning coffee inside while we watch the waves roll in on the beach.
Why the Owner Chose Yachats: This cottage is all about the views. The ocean can be watched from the living room, kitchen, upstairs bedroom and elevated exterior deck. The views are fantastic year round. We also love that there are many year-around events in the Yachats area.
YACHATS CALENDAR OF EVENTS (see more at yachats-dot-org/events)
- Monthly, Yachats Big Band – 1st Thursday each month - Yachats Commons 541-265-2514
- Monthly, Yachats Movie Night - 3rd Thursday each month - Yachats Commons
- January, Yachats Lions Annual Crab Feed - Yachats Commons
- February, Newport Seafood & Wine Festival
- March, Spring Whale Watch - Cape Perpetua Visitors' Center (541) 765-3304
- March, Yachats Arts & Crafts Fair - Yachats Ladies Club (541) 547-3205
- March, Nye Beach Murder Mystery Weekend
- May, Yachats Lion Pancake Breakfast - Yachats Lions Club
- May, Rhododendron Festival - Florence
- July, Ring in the Fourth - Yachats Commons
- July, Yachats la de da Parade & Fireworks Show
- July, 4th of July Pie & Icecream Social - Yachats Commons
- July, Yachats Music Festival - Yachats Presbyterian Church
- September, Fall Blues Show - Yachats Inn
- September, Great Oregon Fall Beach Clean-up
- October, Yachats Village Mushroom Fest 800-929-0477
- October, Newport Jazz Festival
- October, Florence Chowder, Blues & Brews Festival Three Rivers Casino Hotel
- October, Yachats Guitar Festival - Yachats Commons
- November, Coastal Celtic Music Festival - Yachats Commons
- December, Victorian Christmas Open House - Heceta Lightkeeper's House (541) 547-3696
- December, Winter Whale Watch Week - Cape Perpetua Visitors' Center (541) 765-3304
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage: Abalone Beach Cottage was originally built in 1938 by a retired Seattle carpenter. It is a quaint two-story cottage. It is beautifully shingled in cedar. Much of the original internal construction still exists. However, the living room, kitchen and downstairs floors were reconstructed in 2006. The cottage is located one property-site from the beach. Access to the beach is super easy. The unpopulated beach provides walking and exploring opportunities for many miles to the north and south.