Rustic Elegance on Beautiful Higgins Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Higgins Lake lodge description
Our Charming Lakefront Home on Higgins Lake is best described by the term 'rustic elegance'.
Surrounded by towering oaks our home has 108' of frontage on the 6th Most Beautiful Lake in the World.
Keywords: Lakefront, Cottage, Home, Cabin, Charming, Rustic, Elegance, renovated, modern, new, clean, comfortable, spacious
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9, Beds for 9
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- Ceramic tile baths.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Totally rebuilt in 2008/09 with 108 feet of lake frontage in a family neighborhood. Great walking/biking trail along the Lake. The MBR with private bath is on first floor, all new ceramic bathrooms (3), beautiful country kitchen with huge island and views of the lake. The second floor has an additional master bedroom with a lakeside view. a loft/den/gameroom overlooking the living room, and a 3rd bedroom with (twin beds) that has a log-ladder accessible loft with double mattress. (Kids love the 'Little Bear's Den'). Aluminum rowboat (will accomodate your small motor), new 90' private dock with sun platform and lounges, 2 mooring slabs in the lake to secure your boat or pwc. Frontage has a deck, firepit and picnic table. A brick paver patio behind the house has a gas grill, seating, and dining area....moreless
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Jet Skiing
- Medical Services
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Many great Michigan attractions are close by. The beautifal Au Sable River with its world class fly fishing and great kyaking is only minutes away. Only 75 miles to Traverse City, 80 miles to Petoskey, and 100 miles to the Mackinac Bridge and world famous Mackinac Island. In addition there are lots of great golf courses to choose from nearby....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Thank you for your hospitality this week! You have a lovely home, and it was a perfect spot for a relaxing week on the lake. Andrew (10 months) loved his first swim in the lake.....at first he thought it was a bit chilly, but by the end of the week, we had trouble getting him out of the water. My husband and his mother & father had visited this area every summer in his childhood, so it brought back wonderful memories for them. It will be difficult to leave tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the summer and thank you again! Allison Sturgis, MI.........Manhatten, NY........August 2013
- Guest Cheryl (Sturgis, MI)
- Date of stay 08/24/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, tourists without a car, age 55+.
We had a truly wonderful week in spite of a few days of undesirable weather. Your home is so warm and inviting and we love your décor. This is a wonderful home on a beautiful Lake with the nicest hosts imaginable. We love you two as much as your wonderful lake house. Many thanks for your hospitality and genuine kindness. The Logans St. Clair, MI”
- Guest Mary L. (Saint Clair, MI)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/07/13
Gorgeous Home - Gorgeous Setting - Beautiful Lake
Gorgeous Home - Gorgeous Setting - Beautiful Lake
We have rented houses through VRBO and Home Away since 1987 from Maine to S. Carolina; Connecticut to Michigan; New Orleans, LA; and many spots in between, and your house definitely ranks among the nicest we have ever rented. It looked exactly like the pictures on the VRBO site! Thank you for your hospitality. The McGrails Detroit, Mt. Clemens, and Warren, MI
- Guest John and Mary Ann (Detroit, Michigan)
- Date of stay 07/06/13
- Review Submitted 07/15/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
$3000/week Paid by certified check or money order.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1986
Why the Owner Chose Higgins Lake:
We fell in love with Higgins Lake as teenagers and bought our first house here in 1978.
- Primary: + (239) 949-0124 (Florida, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living Room with Lakeview
First Floor Master Bedroom with walk-in closet
Lakeview Loft Overlooking Living Room with Game Table and Daybed
Second Floor Twin Bedroom with Ladder to Little Bears' Den
Patio Behind the House
Dock (90') with Sun Deck
View from the Front Porch
Lakeview from Country Kitchen
Ensuite Ceramic Bath
Second Floor Master Bedroom with Lake View
Climb the Log Ladder to the Little Bears' Den
View of House from the Dock and Sun Deck
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Friday, September 27, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.