VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This unique apartment (6 guests, 2 bedrooms, 75 m2) is located on the 1st floor (US standard no elevator) in a Montmartre 19th century building. It is located “rue d’Orchampt”, one of the highest rated streets in Montmartre. “Rue d’Orchampt” is a small and quiet street featuring many romantic artists studios. Close by lies the famous place du bateau Lavoir. This is where many famous artists lived, PICASSO, MODIGLIANI, Albert CAMUS, Max JACOB.
The owner has completely redesigned the apartment. The unit is facing another apt of 50 m2, listing #222895 which may be rented together for parties up to 12 guests. Apartments may communicate at will.
The architect played with the former apartment decoration: he selected some of the valuable antique wooden furniture, re-used some stained-glass doors, and kept the “tapisserie” on some of the living room walls as well as the full white marble bathroom. Alternatively he created a contrast by designing a modern kitchen with bright colors which links the living room, one of the bedroom and the bathroom.
• Entering the apartment, the first glimpse is the view over Paris through the large left window. The light sprinkles over the stained-glass doors of the bedroom which is on the right.
• The bedroom offers a queen size bed. It is equipped with large bookshelves. The bedroom window has a view over the calm rue d’Orchamps (semi pedestrian). When stained glass doors are slid open, light comes from both sides of the bed.
• After entrance, one steps in the exceptionally large living room. It has 3 tall windows. It is furnished with a large antique wooden table, and a sofa corner with armchairs and extra chairs (on photos the sofa has not been delivered yet). The sofa will be a comfortable convertible sofa (may sleep to adults for short stay).
• The kitchen is a separate room, fully equipped including dishwasher and washer drier. It is brand new and colorful modern designs. One walks through the kitchen from the living room to reach the master bedroom and the bathroom.
• The master bedroom offers a queen size bed. It has 2 windows with view over Paris. It is equipped with a wooden (& valuable) wardrobe close to the bathroom. Toilets are inside the bathroom.
• The original white marble of the bathroom and the faucets were kept. The look is art déco type. It is equipped with a bath with shower, and has a high window.
As a bonus, Phone calls to land lines in France, and to US, Canada and Australia are generally free. It is also true for more than 50 countries. More over, calls to cell phones towards specific countries (often US & Canada) may also be free. Ask us for detail as it may vary with time and policies of operators.
SACRE COEUR church is 3 minute walking distance. Les abbesses, the trendy part of Montmartre is just down the square: many restaurants, shops and nice café terraces. The ABBESSES SUBWAY station is 2 minute walk. PIGALLES & BLANCHE stations are only 3 minute away. This location is a perfect base to visit Paris. It stays 15 minute by subway to most interesting Paris locations AND is a very charming & restful area to be appreciated after a whole day shopping and walking through museums...
Last point, we are staying 1 block away. We are here if you need help
E-mail Strongly Preferred - Fast & Detailed answer - Click on 'Submit'
HIGH Spring Mar 29 - Jul 14, 2015 4 night min stay
MID July Jul 15 - Aug 28, 2015 4 night min stay
HIGH Autumn Aug 29 - Oct 31, 2015 4 night min stay
LOW Nov Nov 1 - Dec 15, 2015 4 night min stay
HIGH Christmas Dec 16 - Jan 5, 2016 4 night min stay
LOW Winter Jan 6 - Feb 28, 2016 4 night min stay
Present Mar 1 - Mar 4, 2017 4 night min stay
My Standard Rate 4 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Rates may change at any time. Rates vary depending on season ,nbr of guests, occupation & owner. Site instant quotes are based on 4 guests.
- Note that this site automatic estimated quote system calculates rents in a basic way : it may result in higher quote for 6 days than for 7 days or other discrepancies. Therefore we systematically send a detailed quote with description, process & photos.
-We may accept 3 days stay : simply ask 4 days and add actual dates in the comment.
Summary of booking process :
0 - Click on e-mail manager to request (e-mail strongly preferred).
1 - Fast & detailed e-mail answer (check your junk/spam box just in case).
2 - Once agreed on dates, rental amount, and payment way, we send data for payment.
3 - Booking is confirmed on receipt of 50% of rent.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: Owner is a women who lived all her childhood in the apt. She has a strong sentimental feeling about the apt and took a lot of time and effort to redesign the place while maintaining the spirit of her childhood place. She still leaves close by in Montmartre.
Why the Owner Chose Paris Arrondissement 18: The apt is uniquely situated in a calm and charming street. The view over Paris from many windows is unique.
Speaks: english, french
Primary:+33 E-mail strongly preferred - Fast & Detailled answer - Click on 'Submit'Fast email answer. Fr time=PST+9H Ph:+33182522580
Secondary:+33 PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDERS FOR OUR REPLIESWe answer all mails within 24H max
Tertiary:+33 1 82 52 25 80Please remember Paris is 9h ahead of PST :-)