Wapiti Woods - Guest Cabins Along the Elk Scenic Drive!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Benezette cabin description
We have a variety of rental cabins to meet your need for any getaway - family vacation, friendly outing or romantic interlude. Several modern, knotty pine cabins nestled in a wooded setting along the Bennett Branch of Sinnemahoning Creek. Four cabins with two bedrooms each and two 'romantic' cabins with great room including a whirlpool tub! Separate utility shanty includes phone, TV/VCR/DVD, high speed wirless internet access, washer/dryer, games, reading materials, and information on local attractions. Cabins sleep from one to eight people.
The cabin grounds are arranged to provide privacy at each cabin yet allow group gatherings to have ease of movement. Picnic pavilion on the grounds with its own fire ring.
Great place to enjoy all that mother nature can offer in Pennsylvania - plenty of woods, trails, and wildlife in the area including the largest free-roaming elk herd east of the Mississippi.
Driving excursions include wineries, antique shops, historic sites, and scenic tours. Stop at the Elk Country Visitor Center or the historic Straub Brewery.
Cabins fully furnished and equipped with many extras to give you the escape you want and the quality time we all need. Contact us to arrange your getaway!
Keywords: Modern Knotty Pine Cabins
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- Queen size Beds (1) All queen beds have top quality futon mattresses. 2 cabins (Romantic Cabin #1 and #5) for two people with queen bed. 2 cabins (Couples Cabin #2 and #4) for four people with a queen bed in each of two bedrooms. Family Cabin #3 has a queen in one bedroom (two sets of bunkbeds in second bedroom)., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Each cabin does have a large futon couch that does convert to a full size bed. Bed linens are NOT provided for the futons. Cabin capacity (1-8) excludes any use of the futon couches. Cabin capicity based on beds., Bunk Beds (1) All bunkbeds have top quality futon mattresses. Two cabins (Family Cabin #3 and Friends Cabin #6)have bunkbeds. Cabin #3 has two sets of bunkbeds in one bedroom. Cabin #6 has two sets of bunkbeds in each of two bedrooms....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
We have local caters willing to provide this service for family gatherings/reunions, weddings, cabins parties or other functions. Contact the owners of Wapiti Woods for contact information for caterers. ...moreless
- Cooking Utensils
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- (*) ON SITE, All Others in Every Cabin - Wood Burner, Phone (*), TV/VCR/DVD (*), High Speed Wireless Internet (*), Oven/Stove, Coffee Maker, Bed Linens provided, Washer/Dryer (*), Porch Swing or Glider, Picnic Table, Fire Ring with Griddle and Grill top, Lantern Holder, Mountain Pie Irons and Hot Dog Skewers, Bathroom/Shower, Whirlpool Tub in Two Romantic Cabins only, Firewood provided, No Smoking in cabins and No Pets on grounds, No Vehicles allowed in cabin grounds - parking in separate lot and Covered Hand-drawn Wagons provided to move personal effects to cabins - 400-to-900-foot walk...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
Telephone provided on site in the Community 'Shanty.' Local call only. Can be used for long distance calls with a calling card. Telephone accessible for hook-up of a laptop for connecting to the internet....moreless
Pool & Spa
Lanai / Gazebo:
Each cabin (including the community 'Shanty') has a covered attached porch with wood storage for the cabin woodburners along with a wooden swing or glider. Other seating available on some cabin porches. All porches lighted with separately switched standard porch light and rope lights in the eaves of the porch's pitched roof to provide a more subdued atmosphere. Rope lights activated by motion sensor to improve nighttime access to cabins (easily changed to full time power by changing plug location)...moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
- Rock Climbing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
ReviewsWrite a review
We were about 7 of us who visited & stayed here for 2 nights. The place is very nice & homely. Kids had a great time. Has lot of space to walk around.
- Guest Sanjay Sanyal (South Brunswick, NJ)
- Date of stay 06/19/09
- Review Submitted 06/06/10
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, adventure seekers, age 55+, sightseeing.
Guest comment entered by owner
We have been open since October, 2003 and have gained a good bit of repeat guests and word-of-mouth marketing is starting to work. The grounds have grown over from the buiding of Wapiti Woods and we have been able to make improvments with lighting and electrity into the pavilion, brochure racks and book/movie shelves in the shanty and landscaping. It has turned out to be a real sweet hideaway for people. Real proud of our accomplishment - so far!!!
- Guest Steve Kronenwetter
- Date of stay 06/23/06
- Review Submitted 06/23/06
Nightly Rate: ....................... $ 175/nt/cabin. Weekly Rate (7 nights): ............. $ 1100/wk/cabin. 10-Day Rate (9 nights)............... $ 1400/wk/cabin. Group Rates: Two nts or longer .. $ 160/nt/cabin (3 or more cabins rented). Early Check-in (11 AM)/Late check-out (4 PM) available at $90/(when available) Reservations secured & confirmed with deposit of half of total rental cost. Refundable Security Deposit of $250 required at check in. Rates subject to State & County Taxes = 9% total.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Primary: +1 (814) 787-7525 (Pennsylvania, USA) Evenings & weekends. Answering machine is on line
- Secondary: +1 (814) 335-8520 (Cell - M-F 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM) (Pennsylvania, USA) Good M-F during the day.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Wapiti Woods - A great place for a great get away!!
Romantic Cabin #5 - Modern kitchens in every cabin
Autumn day on the cabin grounds - nice!
Wapiti Woods - Interior of Romantic Cabin #5
Elk do hang around at Wapiti Woods - REALLY!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2003.
Date last modified - Saturday, May 25, 2013