Alaska Remote Wilderness Lodge
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Denali lodge description
Alpine Creek Lodge is in the heart of the Alaska Range on the Denali Highway. This is a very unique property, and a new lodge. The nearest town (2 gas stations!) is over 70 miles away! No neighbors for 26 miles. The lodge sits on the South Facing slopes at the foot of a long since receded glacier. Alpine Creek is spring fed and runs year round. We are open year round, and in the winter the Denali Highway is not plowed.
Traveling into the lodge in winter via snowmobile is amazing! The Aurora Borealis is seen on most clear winter nights, and is an unforgettable experience. The rental can include anything you would like to do, to include fully guided fishing, hunting, ATV and snowmobile tours. You tell us what you would like and we'll make it happen.
We have suite rooms variable for $199 a night for two and $35.00 for each additional person. Each suite has a queen bed in them and we can add cots for extra people. We do offer the ability to rent out the entire lodge, including all the toys that go along with that. Give us a call for other options and rates.
Keywords: Wilderness, lodge, Alaska, Denali, Fishing, Hunting, Photography, Snow, Tours, Custom, fly fishing, adventures, wild
- 500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Included In Price
- Dinner - Included In Price
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 2-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- They are full bathrooms with tub and shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Shared Kitchen:
- Coffee Maker:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Living Room seats 16:
- Wood Stove:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer
- Guided Hiking available, trophy Arctic Grayling fishing, atv tours, historic mine tours, gold panning, wildlife viewing tours, photography tours, horsebacking tours, rafting and kayaking tours, snow machine tours, aurora borealis tours, geocaching, and much more!! You can do it all from right here!...moreless
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
The property is nestled on the side of the Clearwater Mountains, with views to the South of the Talkeetna Mountains and Watana Mountains. Mt. McKinley can be viewed on clear days after a short walk. ...moreless
- Water View:
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Fly Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Alpine Creek Lodge is situated on the South Facing Slopes of the Clearwater Mountains, which is a range of mountains extending South out of the mighty Alaska Range. Here, you will find no crowds, and miles and miles of untouched wilderness. Hiking and climbing relatively easy mountains can be done right from the lodge. You will be treated to seeing a lot of wildlife, from moose and caribou, to the more rare wolves, grizzly bears, black bears, fox, wolverine, lynx along with several species of birds. Our photography/wildlife tours are some of the best in Alaska. If your lucky in early spring and late fall, you might see the Auroroa Borealis. In the winter, seeing the Aurora is much more likely. A nice and easy hike up the Alpine Creek Valley is a must do activity. There are high valley lakes and you will be walking on a glacial morain left over from thousands of years ago. Our atv tours travel to some of the best Trophy Arctic Grayling fishing in Alaska. You will not see anyone else as you fish in nameless lakes, creeks and ponds in the crystal clear waters in our area. We also offer gold panning trips from the lodge! The Valdez Creek Mining District has some of the highest concentrations of gold in the state! And here at the lodge, we have access to claims in this area. You can also walk around the historic ghost town of Denali. All that remains is the post office from 1903, and grave sites, but you can see the original streets that boasted a population of 20,000 people in 1903! A few small mining operations remain in this area. Our area also is home to the Nelchina Caribou herd. This herd numbers nearly 50,000 animals. Most caribou drop thier antlers every year, and we do tours for folks that enjoy finding these cool items. These are a lot of fun and clients can find several sheds in a day! These are great for hanging on your wall at your home! A favorite activity of our guests is to sit around the campfire in the evening, enjoying steaks on the BBQ grill and telling the stories of the day. We arrange horsebacking tours into the Clearwater Mountains. This is a great way to travel in the Alaska Backcountry! Getting close to wildlife is insured when traveling this way. Rafting and kayaking can be arranged through the lodge also! Drop off in the Nenana River and 'Ride the Canyon!'. There is a lot of extremely rugged country in our area, and if your interested in some super serious adventure, just let us know ahead of time and we'll put together something that few, if any, have ever done! Our winter snow mobile tours are raved about by our visitors! Winter provides a way to get where you can't get in the summer. These tours are tailored to the ability of our guests, from beginner to advanced. Many of our guests during the winter are treated to an amazing display of Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) which is something that must be seen to appreciate. Our very remote location with the nearest light being 65 miles away in any direction provides some of the best night sky viewing anywhere in the world. If you have a 'dream list' of things you want to see in Alaska during your stay, let us know. We arrange Denali National Park visits, deep sea fishing, hot spring tours and anything else Alaska that you always wanted to see. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Best place to stay in Denali!
Best place to stay in Denali!
We really wanted to see the back country of Denali first hand and thanks to Claude and his great guide Bob, we did just that. Staying at the lodge was like visiting family. They made us feel so welcome. Jennifer had wonderful homecooked meals and all the different people that dropped by while we were there was a treat. From fishing to hiking to ATV riding, it was great. We left with a lot of great pictures, wonderful memories and and a desire to return again soon. You will love staying here!
- Guest Glenn (Selma Alabama USA)
- Date of stay 05/30/11
- Review Submitted 07/18/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
When going to Alaska, this is the place to stay
When going to Alaska, this is the place to stay
Never have I ever felt so comfortable on vacation! Jennifer, Claude and the others were absolutely sublime- the atmosphere was so welcoming that my boyfriend and I knew we picked the right place. The scenery was fantastic, and we were planning on going to Denali park for a day, but the area around their property was so perfect we changed our minds. Jennifer made homecooked meals everyday and we were truly treated like family. The interesting and wonderful people that dropped in made the stay that much more unique and lovely. To truly get a taste of wild Alaska, one must stay here. I will probably become obnoxious recommending Alpine Creek Lodge to everyone, because they made our vacation perfect. Thanks a million, Jennifer and Claude!
- Guest Dana (Wichita, KS)
- Date of stay 06/23/11
- Review Submitted 06/27/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
Excellent Place to Stay!!
Excellent Place to Stay!!
We have had the opportunity to stay at this amazing lodge. Our church youth group did a retreat here. We were welcomed with a warm facility and great company! The owners were incredibly nice and the facility met our needs as a group and individually. There was ample space to do the activities that we wanted to do. The facilities were clean and we were able to use the facility to either cook our own meals or to have our meals cooked for us. Our teens at our church loved this facility and talk about it often. It's time to make another appointment at Alpine Creek Lodge. They sure earned our business for a lifetime and we would HIGHLY recommend this facility to anyone who may be traveling on the Denali Hwy (including big or small groups). Even if you just want to stop in for a cup of coffee!! Do it! It will be worth your stop!
- Guest Kimberly (North Pole, AK)
- Date of stay 09/26/09
- Review Submitted 03/08/11
Recommended for: Sightseeing, tourists without a car, people with disabilities, girls getaway, families with young children, pet owners, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Suites are $199,00 a night for first 2 people. Add $35 for each additonal person. Kids under 12 are free. Kids 13 to 18 are half price. 7 days at the lodge, fully guided - Call or email for customized quote. Rent the entire lodge-Call us for rate. Guided ATV tours (fishing, gold panning, photo, wildlife) $150 per person, per day Guided snow mobile tours, with machine and guide $300 per day, per person. Guided hunting and trapping provided. Please call or email for quote.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: This is a family run business. We are living a dream that started over 30 years ago. We are life long Alaskans, and have many stories to tell about our great state. Jennifer and Claude Bondy own the lodge, and our 7 year old son is quite the host to our guests, and he enjoys the lodge life.
Why the Owner Chose Denali:
We spent over 10 years actively searching for the perfect spot. We finally found it 4 years ago, and spent 2 years working as hard as we could to be able to purchase this property and build our lodge. This is in one of the most remote and beautiful places in Alaska. Very few people know about this area of Alaska, and provides us the serenity of enjoying Alaska without the crowds.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
The most beneficial part of our property is the solitude of the wilderness. The views from the lodge are of 100 square miles of remote Alaska, and it is your private playground while staying with us. We don't have strict rules about what you do while you are at our lodge, and we want you to be as comfortable as you are at home. Your privacy and respect is of utmost priority while you stay with us.
- Primary: (907) 743-0565
- Secondary: (907) 743-0565
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fall at the Lodge!
The Dining Area at Alpine Creek Lodge
Winter arrives at Alpine Creek Lodge!
Amazing Aurora in February over the lodge! See lodge on right foreground.
Summer at the lodge!
Wilderness fishing expedition courtesy of ATV's!
Got Snow?? Great riding right from the lodge!
Nice Arctic Grayling pulled out of the crystal clear waters in our area!
Fly fishing in Alpine Creek!
Bob, fly fishing near Landmark Gap Lake.
Sled dogs waiting to go!
Early fall fog over the lodge.
Sunset at Alpine Creek Lodge!
Horsebacking up Windy Creek Valley.
Photo group taking photos from 'Aurora Hill'.
One of our ATV tour rides!
Lodge owners son, Bob, with dinner of Arctic Grayling!
Mushing! Iditarod musher Jim Lanier training for the 'Last Great Race'!
Horsebacking is the way to get around! Our son, Bob, enjoying a creek crossing!
Snow mobiling the Denali Highway in winter!
Our son Bob, looking for ptarmagin.
Off a sled dog team goes, heading out the lodge driveway.
Now this is fun stuff!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 29, 2013