Lake Whatcom Water Front/3 Acres/Rv'S/Paddle Boat/Kayaks/Bikes
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Bellingham house description
Lake Whatcom Water Front Luxury Cabin
- Near New, 2480 Sq. Ft. Two Level and Basement Plan
- Covered 25 foot x 13 Foot Sundeck/Wood Fire Place
- Steps To Swimming Beach, Shallow Water & Dock
Location and Activities:
1) Sought after location on Lake Whatcom offering sunshine from dawn to dusk, including evening sunsets.
2) Private beach, new dock, new whips for guest boats to tie up. Protected area with shallow water between beach and dock for kids to play. Drops off deep on far side of dock to jump in water and moor boat on whips.
Fishing poles at home for fishing off dock or paddle boat.
3) Quiet side of lake, ideal for water sking, boarding or tubing in front of home.
4) 3 Kayaks: 2 single and 1 double kayak, 1 paddle boat, 2 picnic tables, portable fire pit for your use. Power, water and evening lights to brighten up beach and dock.
5) 3 acre parcel of land with nature walks, creek running through property. Evening lights to brighten up property.
6) RV pad with full hook ups located ½ way up the property for privacy and provide space for party guests.
7) Plenty of parking, 3 spots behind home, 3 spots at street level, plus a large field for extra guests or events.
8) Beach is 25 feet from front door. Quiet no through street.
9) Play bocce ball, volley ball, croquet or badminton on the front lawn. Eqipment on site.
10) Quiet no through street with Lake Whatcom Park, 1 mile south of house, 3 mile lake trail and water fall.
11) 4 bikes: 2 men’s and 2 ladies bikes on site for your use.
12) We have not tried yet, however the neighbours take ATV's and spend the day running up the mountain in the bush enjoying nature.
13) Freeway: 14 minutes, quick and easy to I-5 Sunset or Lakeview Exits
14) Shopping/Boat Launch/Corner Store: 8 minutes to the most northern tip of lake: Britton Road, corner store and day park to launch boat, then another 7 minutes to Bellingham Shopping.
15) Fork Restaurant: 1 mile north of house. Fine dining, people from Vancouver and US take the time to enjoy the lake drive to this restaurant at Y Road.
16) Mt Baker: 60 minutes to Mt. Baker with quick easy
access to Mt. Baker Hwy. Families like to book to get 1 day of sking in, then go shopping or visit with family.
17) Western Washington University: 25 minutes. We get a lot of parents booking at graduation parties and holiday weekends for their families.
18) Skagit Casino: 30 minutes for an evening of fun..
19) Burlington Outlet Centres: 40 minutes.
Five Star Luxury Cabin:
1) 2480 sq. ft. 'near new' two level and walk out basement plan.
2) Architecturally designed with fir beams, doors, casings, millwork, vaulted and double height ceilngs, open stair case.
3) Vacation property built with top of the line construction and quality products including oak hardwood flooring and granite counters.
1) Great room open to gourmet kitchen and lake views.
2) Stainless appliances including electric flat top stove and convection microwave, side door fridge with ice and water
3) Kitchen has over 30 place settings, table clothes, loads of serving dishes and glass platters, punch bowl, pots, pans, frying pans, turkey pan and platter, 2 automatic coffee pots, (1 grinds coffee), tea pots, toaster, george forman grill, panenee or sandwich maker, electric smoker barbeque...
4) Laundry or Mud Room: sink, cabinets, washer/dryer, iron and board.
5) #1 Bathroom: walk in shower plus blow dryer. Note: 3 full baths in total, one of each floor.
1) #1 bedroom: queen size bed, sundeck with best lake views in home
2) #2 bedroom: queen size bed, walk in closet, cheater door to main 5 piece bath with tub shower and double shower heads and blow dryer.
3) Loft: electric air mattress, lake views.
Access by ladder off back bedroom. Ideal for sporty teenagers.
1) Games and media room walk out to front patio, garden and lake views.
2) Pool table, board and card games including deluxe poker game, bingo, monopoly...Electronic charades, and more...great to play around fireplace under covered deck in the evening.
3) Bar, sink and refrigerated cooler.
4) #3 bedroom: Multi Purpose: 1 Queen + 1 Twin Bed, plus room for play pen on floor. Ideal for family or kids.
5) #3 Bathroom: 3 piece with walk in shower and blow dryer.
6) Basement has room for 2 Queen electric air mattresses. 1 stores under pool table during day.
Entertainment Patios - Weddings - Summer Parties
1) Outdoor covered 25 foot x 13 foot entertainment size patio off main floor great room.
2) Sets up 4 banquet tables with 32 chairs for dinner parties
3) Outdoor covered fireplace for use all year round: roast marshmallows,play games and enjoy lake views
4) Lower open entertainment size patio ideal for entertaining, banquet tables, suntanning or wedding vows over looking lake.
1) 2 flat screen tv’s with full movie channels: great room and games room.
2) Wifi: wireless and internet hook up in lower level games room on desk.
3) Great room stereo with speakers, plus outdoor
speakers, I Pod Dock.
4) Portable phones on all 3 levels, with free long distance calls to Canada and USA.
Heat, Air Conditioning and Hot Water:
1) Heat pump, air conditioning and forced air furnace.
2) 2 gas fireplaces: main floor great room and lower level games room.
3) Tankless hot water tank. Always hot water available.
4) Hot water dispenser on kitchen sink.
Our family live across the border in White Rock and vacation at the property. We are 45 minutes door to door. We enjoy a 5 star setting and are continually upgrading the home and property to maintain a higher standard.
We have a care taker to set the home and yard, to ensure your stay is a pleasant one.
Please feel free to call or email. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely and warmly,
604-889-5004 or email: email@example.com
Keywords: lake front, lake view, south/west sun,dock, luxury home, luxury cabin, boating, sailing, fishing, Mt. baker, RV Parking, Private Boat Dock, fine dining, wedding, banquet, casinos, biking, walks, lake trails,water falls,paddle boat,kayaks,
- 2480 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
The property is not fenced, so pets need to be on leash. Plus the owner has alergies and this is a new home, so there are restrictions. Also, we have separate bedding for pet owners. Prior appoval required...moreless
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 7-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- 3 full baths. 1 on each level of home.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Ice Maker
Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
3 acre parcel: RV Pad for trailer, motor home or tent trailer, full hook ups 100 feet from home. Private and prior approval is required. Also room for boat and trailer, prior approval required....moreless
- Parking Off Street:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Washing Machine:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 10:
- Fully stocked kitchen, over 20 place settings, white table clothes, napkins, serving dishes, rice steamer, panini sandwich maker, george forman grill, coffee maker grinds beans, automatic hot water for tea, 3 banquet tables, over 20 chairs, new sought after, electric barbeque fueled by pellots, perfect for entertaining or simply enjoying a quiet evening at home....moreless
- Video Games:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Music Library:
- Game Room:
- Video Library:
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Free Long Distance:
- Wireless Internet:
- Broadband Access:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Golf Course Front:
- Mountain View:
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Theme Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- 3 Acre Peacefull and Tranquil Setting Just 12 to 15 Minutes from downtown Bellingham. A real get away, truly a relaxing time. Bike ride or walk along 3 mile trail along Lake Whatcom, access park at end of street 1 mile from house, ride your bike or walk, just 8 minute drive to Whatcom Falls Park, fabulous water falls along walking trails. 12 minute drive to Historic Fairhaven along the ocean front, 45 to 60 minute drive to Mt. Baker Ski hill in the winter or hiking in the summer. Google Bellingham Things to Do, you will find all the attractions including golf courses. Shopping anyone? 12 to 15 minutes to Bellingham, Costco, Fred Myer, 30 to 60 minutes to out let centres and malls, including the famous Seattle Outlet Centre on the Tullalip Indian Reserve. Fine dining: 1 mile to the Fork Restaurant, 12 minutes to Bellingham Restaurants, 20 to 30 minutes to Skagit Casino with live entertainment and dancing......moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We are a family of 5. Our kids range from 5 to 14! This house and location was perfect!! We kayaked every day, swam and hiked/biked the trails down the road. The house was spotless when we arrived and was fully stocked with everything you could possibly need...right down to shampoo for showers. It rained one day we were there but with the covered outdoor area we put on a fire and played games outside. Would highly recommend and would stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Guest Julie (Surrey, BC)
- Date of stay 08/05/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Love this place
Love this place
We recently had a small family reunion with our grown children and their significant others. The house was very nice and tastefully decorated. Lots to do. Loved the fact that the lake is quiet and not much traffic. Close enough to Canada to drive up and do a day trip or walk around Bellingham and Fairhaven. We even bought some honey from a nice couple that has hives down the road from this vrbo. Would highly recommend.
- Guest Connie (Maui, Hawaii)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/05/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
A pleasant 50th wedding anniversary gathering
A pleasant 50th wedding anniversary gathering
We used everything! Paddle boat, kayaks, grills, pool table, (even brought our own canoe,) bikes, all the kitchen appliances, every one of the beds. Three families fit in well, and the place was handy for visits to Bellingham. Daughter already recommended the property to some of her friends. 30 minutes from downtown Bellingham (boat, train, bus) One close restaurant, but it was excellent.
- Guest Fred (Edmonds, WA)
- Date of stay 06/26/13
- Review Submitted 07/11/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Hello, We are located 10 minutes along Northshore Road to Britton, the northern point of the lake, with another 4 minutes to Barkley Shopping Centre and the movie theatre. We have a sunny and bright south/west exposed front yard, with gorgeous sun all afternoon. We and our guests love it, because its quiet, only 2 neighbours, also on 3 acre parcels of land.
Family Birthday Open House
Family Birthday Open House
Family Birthday Open House Thanks Cindy! The house was really perfect for the open-house we held for my 95 year old mother and her 30 descendants/spouses. Thanks so much for helping out with the extra chairs and tables. Of course, my family of 4 and my sister’s of 2 had a great time for the entire time we were there. My only regret was not being able to stay longer ...this time. Hope to do it again next year! All the best!
- Guest liv2ski (Iowa)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 07/02/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Great family place
Great family place
We were two families with four adults and six teens between us. This home exceeded our expectations! The teens loved the pool table, big screen TV and the kayaks. Even though it was March, three of them had a quick dip in the lake! We can only imagine how wonderful it would be in the summer. Sleeping arrangements were comfortable and easily managed for the ten of us. The loft sleepers did find waking up with the adults are little early due to the openess of the space. The main floor living and kitchen area were comforting and warm. We loved the kitchen and shared lots of laughs during cooking and eating times! The caretaker( lived close by) was wonderful to deal with if we had any questions. Our conversations and emails with Cindy (the owner) were detailed and promptly answered. Directions were thorough and concise. The details in the preparation and in the home were noticed. We look forward to visiting again... soon we hope! this place is a wonderful gem.
- Guest Brenda (Mission,BC)
- Date of stay 03/20/13
- Review Submitted 03/27/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Our family get together
Our family get together
Thanks for a wonderful stay at your beautiful house Cindy. We had some really good quality family time with our 2 daughters and son in laws and our 1 year old grandaughtrer (and our chihuahua!) Views are spectacular over the lake. Hard to believe you are only 15 minutes from Bellingham!! You feel as if you are way out in the country. We even had the kayaks out on the lake and it was Feburary! We played snooker, board games and even cooked smores for dessert outside in the evening with the fabulour ourdoor fireplace. Thanks also for thinking of us and leaving a high chair and a playpen - saved us having to pack them in the cars. Very thoughtful of you. Hope we can do it again some time - kids are already talking about it!
- Guest cmac (Port Coquitlam)
- Date of stay 02/14/13
- Review Submitted 02/18/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, pet owners, age 55+, families with teenagers.
We thoroughly enjoyed our family vacation.This is a fabulous home with lots of property and lake views. The family enjoyed many late night fires, board games, pool table, bike rides and even canoeing on the lake. A wonderful destination with lots to keep our family busy all year long....a rare find.
- Guest Debra (Texas)
- Date of stay 12/23/12
- Review Submitted 12/30/12
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Thanksgiving Family Reunion
Thanksgiving Family Reunion
We really enjoyed the house and our stay. It was a gorgeous house in a lovely spot and was really warm and inviting!!! Lots of room for entertaining, fully loaded with all the comforts of home, plus a serene get away with gorgeous lake views and evening night fires, under the covered deck (this was our favorite!!). Thanks again for the stay and the warm touches the house offered, including the Christmas Tree and Holiday Decorations. We hope to come back!! Sherry Flynn
- Guest Sherry (Thousand Oaks, ca)
- Date of stay 11/21/12
- Review Submitted 11/29/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
We had a wonderful time at this lovely home. The views are even more spectacular than the website indicates. It is very nicely appointed with anything you could ask for in the kitchen and throughout the house. The house is extremely well taken care of. We thoroughly enjoyed the boat activity and the dock. There is lots of yard at the dock for children to play around too. One of the nicest features of the house is their deck for eating at night, covered in case of moisture, but also guarded from the hot afternoon sun, it's just beautiful. The loft bedroom is for the truly agile and not suitable for young children. We look forward to coming back to this "lakeside delight" again. This is truly a grand vacation spot!!
- Guest Carolyn (Great Falls, VA)
- Date of stay 08/13/12
- Review Submitted 08/24/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, age 55+, adventure seekers.
Great Home Great Location
Great Home Great Location
Thanks for the wonderful stay at your beautiful home. It was short but sweet. A great home with a great view of the lake. The house was well stocked with everything we needed. A nice feeling of getting away yet feeling at home. Good Job . We will be back next year but for a longer stay, we only got a taste.
- Guest pk (surrey, bc)
- Date of stay 08/17/12
- Review Submitted 08/19/12
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Off Season - Approximately
Oct 14 - May 17
2 night min stay
|Summer Rates - Approximately
Jun 15 - Sep 15
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
High Season: May Long Weeked to Sept 30th - $400 to $500 per night
Low Season: $300 to $400.00 per night.
Holiday Weeks: $400 per night
Dinner Party/Graduation/Anniversary/Wedding: Max 30 people: $250 to $750.00
10.5% State Tax - $140.00 Cleaning Fee - Fire Wood $20.00
Two Night Minimum/Weekly Specials.
Prices can change without notice.
Call Cindy Walker 604-889-5004
Payment in full 30 days prior to booking.
Pay Pal or Personal Cheque: Money Transport paid by guest
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Pet Fee: $25
- Tax Rate 10.5%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Bellingham Airport at 6 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Mt. Baker Hwy. at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Beach Front Property at Bellingham
- Nearest Barpub: Fork Restaurant at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Baker at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sudden Valley at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Fork Restaurant at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We have been coming to Lake Whatcom with our boats for over 30 years. Lake Whatcom in Bellingham, forms part of the city's eastern border, and is about 14 miles long. Big enough to never tire of a boat ride and always a spot with calm water. Fabulous water sking, boarding or tubing. A lot of people fish, sail boat, parasail... We have towed our boat throughout the Fraser Valley & Interior and always come back to Lake Whatcom. A real paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Bellingham:
We particularly love the #1 location. We get sun all day long. We look across the lake in early afternoon and see homes in darkness. We are just 10 minutes to town, but away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We have 3 acres to enjoy. We have a wonderful sunny beach, plus trees to shade ourselves. We enjoy our early morning bike rides 1 mile down to Whatcom Park, then 3 miles along the lake trail and back home. Truly fabulous.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
If you are looking for a new home on a nature filled peace of property with a private beach and boat dock, with loads of parking and a spot to hook a RV trailer or Motorhome, with a fabulous new home, furniture, top of the line linens, fully stocked kitchen, 2 flat screens with cable tv and a pool table, just 12 to 14 minutes to Bellingham and Bellis Fair, 60 minutes to Mt. Baker and famous outlets centres and malls. You just found it. Took us 3 years to find a little bit of heaven.
- Secondary: (604) 889-5004 (British Columbia, Canada)
Links to more information:
4 Year New Luxury Cabin/2480 sq. ft. three level plan/Sunny side of Lake Whatcom
Enjoy evening out door fires with marshmellos all year long.
Quiet no through street, 20 steps from front door to private beach and dock.
2 single kayaks, 1 double kayak, paddle boat and boat launch
Fully stocked kitchen, 20 place settings, convection oven and microwave
Open stair case walks out to expansive covered deck with fireplace
Expansive games room, flat screen, full channels, internet, bar sink, pool table
Back bedroom with ladder to loft. Queen bed. Cheater door to main bath.
Basement Bedroom: Queen plus twin bed. Great for families.
Main floor: 3 piece with shower.
Laundry and mud room. Stacking washer/dryer. Iron and Iron board
Nature: view of back of home and lake.
Covered patio: 20 feet x 15 feet. Sets up 4 banquet tables
3rd and 4th lower patios to capture sun all day long.
Sun/shade grass beach, picnic table, fire pit. Dock and Whips for Guest Boat.
Great room, flat screen tv, table seats 8, kitchen islands seats 4.
Enjoy morning coffee on the front porch overlooking views of lake
Birds eye view from loft overlooking front bedroom and view.
View Bedroom and private deck. Queen bed.
Loft: full queen size mattress, window and space.
Upper level main bath. Double shower heads.
Basement bathroom: Shower.
Bridge, future bunk house and nature walks: 3 acre property.
Back of property, wood shed, extra parking, run dogs, kick ball.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 02, 2013