Terrific Condo! Terrific Location! Terrific Rates!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Margaritas II condo description
Margaritas II is a perfect place either for couples, families or small groups - really anyone who wants to indulge in the Mexican way of life and at the same time the sophisticated international ambiance of Playa del Carmen. Playa is great for anyone who wants great dining experiences, great upscale shopping, great nightlife and long, lazy days spent swimming in warm ocean waters - but does not want the expense of full hotel service. If you are also interested in exploring nearby ancient ruins, scuba-diving or snorkeling, or sampling the non-stop excitement of Cancun (only one hour away), we know you will enjoy staying here!
Margaritas II is a beautiful condo development centrally located 4 blocks west of Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue. And it is only one more block to its world famous white sand beaches. Almost everywhere you might like to go in Playa is within easy walking distance of our condo. Built in 2007, each unit in our complex is - like ours - privately owned and we have decided to rent our unit out on both the short and long terms (by the week or month) as we come here only a few weeks a year. Our bright spacious second floor unit, B208, has all the quality amenities you would expect and is tastefully furnished with urban/contemporary Italian furniture. It is perfectly located within the complex itself as it directly overlooks the large pool. Artist-owned, our condo has original contemporary art throughout, both by international and Mexican artists.
- On floor 2
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Pets Not Allowed:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 2.5 Baths
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Parking Off Street:
- Towels Provided:
- Artist owned, Margaritas II is located in the sophisticated Italian/European area off 5th avenue. Our just renovated 1200 square feet 2nd floor condo overlooks the beautiful 50' pool from our balcony. Furnished in urban/contemporary style, restful palm-treed courtyard, 24 hour security guards, built 2008, exceptionally clean, 2 large bedrooms each with queen sized beds, double-bed futon in living room, granite countertops in kitchen, keyed entrance, near supermarket, 2 blocks to organic and fresh fruit and vegetable market, 4 blocks to numerous international restaurants and elegant boutiques, 2 blocks to numerous local restaurants. Maid service available....moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Gambling Casinos
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Just one or two blocks away from our condo's location in Playa, you will the Mega store, which is similar to Walmart only larger. Their in-store supermarket is phenomenal with perhaps the largest fresh meat and seafood counter we have ever seen anywhere. If Walmart is what you want, it is only four blocks away. Within a few blocks of our condo, you will find numerous local restaurants of exceptional quality serving everything from the best cuts of meat to the freshest of seafood to organic smoothies. As we are also in the area of Playa frequented by Italians and other European tourists, you will find fine Italian dining just down the street and numerous coffee houses as well. Playa's two main attractions are its beaches and Fifth Avenue. Mamitas Beach is the closest to us - jiust ten minutes walk. It is the 'grooviest' beach and in fact you might run onto one of the free jazz festivals or trance festivals held occasionally right on the beach while you are there. For sure you will find beach volleyball, parasailing, jet ski and so on as well as numerous restaurants right on the beach. If shopping is more your style, Fifth Avenue (Avenida Quinta) in Playa del Carmen offers some of Mexico's best traditional handicrafts alongside numerous upscale clothing, jewelry and high end craft boutiques. You can even rent a car to go to Cancun where you will find several American-style shopping plazas with tenants such as Cartier and Tiffany. Playa del Carmen and region offers many activities. Take a day-trip to the fantastic ancient Mayan ruin site in nearby Tulum where you can swim in the ocean with towering cliffs above you - cliffs topped by Mayan temples. Or take a day tour to one of the most important World Heritage Sites on the planet at Chichen Itza, a perfectly preserved and massive Mayan temple site with numerous structures. Very mesmerizing. All in all, you will find almost everything you need or want out of your vacation within a close range. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
very nice condo
very nice condo
Very nice welcome by Alex (manager) with all informations needed. Clean, spacious, well appointed condo private on second story. Very secure with 24 hres security staff. 10 minute walk to Walmart or to beach and 5 minute walk to Mega and 5th avenue. Transportation simple (bus or taxi) close to condo. Can't be better located, will certainly return if condo avaliable. Thank you for a very nice month of vacation.
- Guest Ivon (Sherbrooke Québec canada)
- Date of stay 02/24/13
- Review Submitted 06/12/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, tourists without a car.
This was the perfect condo for our vacation. Great, safe, central location. Security staff are friendly and helpful, and the property manager Alex is great. The condo itself had everything we needed for our stay. I would highly recommend this great condo for anyone wanting to stay somewhere much better than a hotel. Close to Mega and Walmart for shopping and just a short walk to the beautiful beach in Playa. Can't wait to book again for our next stay!!! Cathy, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Guest Catherine K.
- Date of stay 02/06/13
- Review Submitted 03/05/13
Nice relaxing stay at Margaritas II
Nice relaxing stay at Margaritas II
We very much enjoyed our stay at Margaritas II. The condo was very spacious, clean and well appointed. It certainly beats staying in a cramped hotel room! The unit is very conveniently located – a block away from the market and coffee shop, and only a short 10 minute walk to 5th Avenue and the north beaches, including Mamitas beach club. Hope to be back again sometime soon.
- Guest Ken (Chicago, Illinois)
- Date of stay 01/05/11
- Review Submitted 01/31/11
Recommended for: Families with young children, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car.
Holiday Season: (Christmas, New Years, Easter) ...................$1400/Week High Season: (Jan 08 - Apr 30 - Excluding Easter Week) ........$ 900/Week Mid Season: (May 1 - Aug 31)..................................$ 725/Week Low Season: (Sept.1 - Dec. 15) ...............................$ 700/Week All rates are negotiable. Monthly Rates Are Available. Damage Deposit of US$300.00 on arrival; returned immediately on checkout
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Cancun at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Cozumel Ferry at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Carretera Nationale from Cancun to Belize at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Mamitas Beach at 0.3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2009
About the owner: My wife and I are world travellers (we just spent January to April, 2013 in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam). Ten years ago we started to come to Mexico from Canada for December vacation, first to the west coast (where we found the ocean to be too cold and the beaches too rocky) and then to Cancun (where we found the weather and beaches to be exactly what we had been looking for from a tropical winter vacation). We took a day trip to Playa del Carmen one day and on the bus ride back to Cancun decided that Playa was where we wanted to buy our second home - we fell in love with the ambience and intimacy of this small city.
Why the Owner Chose Margaritas II:
Our condo complex has both traditional Mexican and Modern Mexican architectural touches. We bought it because it was neither too impersonally 'modern' nor over done in 'Mexican' style. Our purchase had to do also with location: while we like Playacar, it is too far from the center and requires a car to get around; while we like the 'American' end of town, we find there are too many familiar franchise chain restaurants. However, we really like the part of town where we are located as it is both a bit more accessible by foot, more quiet, and more international in the flavour and scope of the shops and restaurants. We bought our particular unit because it is located very centrally in the complex, not near the entrance or out of the way in a corner. it is ideally located. In fact, the Margaritas condo complex is very popular with vacationers for its ideal location: it is central but no more than a short walk to 5th Avenue with its upscale boutique shopping, the beach, Walmart, an organic food market, a world-class gym, several yoga studios, cafes and bistros, local and upscale Mexican and Italian restaurants. It is also no more than a short taxi ride (very inexpensive) to any of the large malls at the edge of town.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
We looked long and hard at many condos before deciding on buying in the Margaritas II complex four years ago. Since then we have been renting it to tourists like us who know that Playa is a great place to spend some deeply relaxing time. We have renovated our condo several times to accommodate not only our own taste but the needs of our renters. We know you will enjoy all the quality amenities we have there from the espresso coffee pot to the luxury linens. Our condo is located in close proximity to everything that Playa del Carmen has to offer: we enjoy going to the beach, golfing, dining out at fine restaurants, exploring the small towns in the countryside. We also enjoy the mix of cultures that reside side-by-side and make-up this small, intimate upscale city: traditional Mexican ambience + contemporary European sophistication + American energy and excitement.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautiful courtyard - lush with plants - has a large and refreshingly cool pool
Custom leather and sleek Italian furniture. Original art throughout.
Coordinated throughout in contemporary colors of white and expresso brown
White chandelier adds to the contemporary vibe in this sophisticated space
Kitchen has granite countertops, six burner gas stove and numerous appliances
Wine glasses, margarita glasses, highball glasses - for cocktail hour
Guest bedroom has very calm ambiance. Custom built closets occupy one whole wall
Master bedroom at night is restful and intimate.
Courtyard and pool illuminated at night creates a very 'sparkling' environment
We are located directly overlooking the pool on the second floor.
South end exterior view: stunning building with unique details
This photo speaks for itself! NO Photoshopping here - or in any of these image
Living room in daytime, looking toward balcony windows. Lots of light and space
Futon folds down to accommodate two more in your group. Understated ambience
Italian glass, wood and leather + a chandelier create an elegant, calm space
Full dinnerware, glassware and cutlery sets, for relaxed eating or fine dining.
Kitchen remodelled with espresso brown cabinets and stainless steel refridgertor
Light filled master bedroom; queen sized Sealy pillow top mattress.
Both bedrooms have their own full bathrooms, each with numerous amenities
Guest bedroom becomes even more inviting at night.
The large courtyard pool is perfect for cooling off in during the heat. Loungers
Our balcony is furnished with high end white wicker and overstuffed cushions
Margaritas II: a sleek mix of traditional and Modern Mexican architectural style
Your first view of the central courtyard at Margaritas II
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 28, 2013