El Cisne Cottage in Beautiful Farm Setting 1/2 Mile to Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
This cottage is called 'El Cisne' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este
106 sq m or 1141 sq ft
Master bedroom has 1 queen size bed
Bedroom #2 has two single beds
Loft has one single bed
Bedroom #3 has a single bed (originally maid's room)
Bathroom #1 has a tub
Bathroom #2 is outside by rear entrance (originally maid's bathroom)
This cottage has recently been fitted with a Magma wood fireplace. It heats up the entire house and is a joy to stay during the cold months on the southern winter! It faces the living room but has an intricate hot air plumbing that blows warm air into the master bedroom and the bedroom #2
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life. Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
Lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta)
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea
About Granja Henderson
This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
'El Cisne' was the first cottage built on the farm; 1943. The name came from the swans found on Laguna del Diario, in droves, lots of black necked swans swimming placidly on the lake. My grandfather lived here with my mother's family on weekends and holidays while he went building the rest of the farm. Being a civil engineer he knew what he was doing... and being extra-thorough of character he built with a sturdiness that people nowadays, when we recycle some building shake their heads in disbelief!
The pergola under which the cars are parked in the summer, with exuberant foliage, is purely purple flowers in spring. Quite a sight. And in the summer many a barbecue is cooked on the 'parrillero'.
A little about Laguna del Diario. This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required. NO DISHWASHER in this cottage.
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- six (6) persons
9. Seven night charge required for peak season
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes 10.5% Uruguayan tax, 8% Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for U$S 10 per hour
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
16. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Limited Accessibility
- Wheelchair Accessible
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Queen size Beds (1), Twin or Single Beds (1)
- 2.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Covered Parking
- Wood Fireplace
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Jet Skiing
- Parillero / Club House available to rent for private parties.
ReviewsWrite a review
Punta del Este in a charming cottage.
Punta del Este in a charming cottage.
I come to Granja Henderson every year since 2008, looking forward to spend a peaceful summer time at a safe property in this Uruguayan “à la mode” city beach. Never have I been disappointed, nor my husband or our 27 year old daughter. The cottages are clean with comfortable queen size beds, very well provided, and the room service is as diligent, polite and honest as it can be. We enjoy twilight walks around the private grounds, where horses wander about in the pasture, silent reading moments, meals in the open, the best organic vegetables, and a barbecue for the classic “asado”. Idyllic for those who find nature and country side lifestyle pleasant, and also want to enjoy the benefits of a close ocean beach as well. Inés, 53, uruguayan, frequent traveller to europe and USA.
- Guest Inés G.
- Date of stay 03/06/13
- Review Submitted 03/06/13
Peace and Quiet
Peace and Quiet
This place has a special energy....just being there feels great! The gardens that stretch between the houses are lush and very well kept. The house is simple, but has great character, and somehow, just feels right in it's context. Ten minutes from Punta del Este, and close to secluded beaches, and the wonder of Punta Ballena....an ideal location......and a very good choice!
- Guest Lallas
- Date of stay 12/23/11
- Review Submitted 03/18/12
Recommended for: Age 55+, pet owners, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
Dec 24-Jan 10 .... $299/Night Dec 01-Feb 28 .... $249/Night exluding above Rest of Year ..... $99/Night High season require 7 night minimum stay unless last minute or in-between rentals Prices are all inclusive of taxes, fees, electricity, water, etc. US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance: http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of 20% damage deposit .
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Dining room with living in the background
fireplace dining and living rooms
Pantry in kitchen
up to loft
Bedroom #3 or maid bedroom
bbq by pergola
loft with single bed
Bathroom #2 access through outside and typically for maid bedroom.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2010.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 30, 2012